Would you, right now, trade TT for Deshaun Watson?

267 members have voted

1. 1. Would you?

And this sums up how lazy people are to make arguments. No one "hates" Tyrod. It's stupid to say that.

That's funny.

But I hate winning 6 to 9 games every year. It gets you no where. I'd rather hit rock bottom and get a shot at a top qb in the draft instead of praying a 5th round will finally work out.

Okay, so you want to tank the season before it even starts. I'd rather not be a part of that embarrassment.

29th in rush yards per game. That's a death sentence. Who needs points when you can just hang onto the football all day long?

I am not here to discuss random defense stats. Someone said defense needed to be average next year in points per game when it already was.

Edited by jeffismagic

That's funny.

Okay, so you want to tank the season before it even starts. I'd rather not be a part of that embarrassment.

1) I honestly believe that they would be at the same level with Watson or Taylor.

2) going 6-10 and 7-9 is a great way to miss the playoffs 17 years in a row. But let's keeping doing it!

We know TT sucks. We don't know if Watson sucks or not. It's a no brainer. Yes.

TT doesn't suck. But man, it's crazy how conservative some Bills fans are (actually PPP proves that).

The Texans and Chiefs made the playoffs last year and traded into the 1st to get qbs. The Bills and Browns traded those picks.

I am not here to discuss random defense stats. Someone said defense needed to be average next year in points per game when it already was.

I said they needed to be an average defense that gives up fewer than 24 ppg. Allowing 133 rush yards per game is far, far, far below average and will never get a team to the playoffs, whereas much worse QBs than Tyrod have made it to the playoffs and indeed won Super Bowls.

If you think rush yards per game is a random defensive stat, then maybe you shouldn't be discussing this at all. You're out of your element, Donnie.

I said they needed to be an average defense that gives up fewer than 24 ppg. Allowing 133 rush yards per game is far, far, far below average and will never get a team to the playoffs, whereas much worse QBs than Tyrod have made it to the playoffs and indeed won Super Bowls.

If you think rush yards per game is a random defensive stat, then maybe you shouldn't be discussing this at all. You're out of your element, Donnie.

Miami gave up more rushing yards and at a higher ypc than the Bills and made the playoffs with Ryan Tannehill and Matt Moore.

TT doesn't suck. But man, it's crazy how conservative some Bills fans are (actually PPP proves that).

The Texans and Chiefs made the playoffs last year and traded into the 1st to get qbs. The Bills and Browns traded those picks.

Okay, I'll scale back a little. We know TT isn't good enough to help this team get above .500. We don't know if Watson is good enough to do it.

Rather go with an unknown than a known not good enough.

Depends what you wish for. You want a few more yards/game with another 8, 10, 12 INT per year? TT protects the ball as good as any QB in the league.

Any other defense beside the Ryan's that is a recipe for 10+ wins.

Be careful what you wish for.

Agreed....TT with Schwartz defense would have been a 11-win season.

Agreed....TT with Schwartz defense would have been a 11-win season.

I agree with this.

And I think a good QB with a Schwartz D is a Super Bowl contender.

I would say yes. Trade an average QB for a rookie 4 year contract and the potential to be great. Sign a journeyman. Be prepared to miss the playoffs for at least 1 more year... maybe 2.

Yup. That's the key. Watson's rookie contract will apparently fall in the 4 year/$13.5 million range. Tyrod, even under his renegotiated contract, gets $14 million guaranteed for 2017. I wish people would understand this when the subject of "should we dump Player A" or "should we trade Player B for a draft pick" comes up several times a week ...

And if the Bills had Watson, they would probably win 6-8 games because all Bills qb win 6-8 games.

Except Flutie and a lot of Bills fans didn't like him either.

Our D was good enough to win vs Fish AND Hawks IF our QB could have gotten us in EZ from 1st and goal. He had Goodwin open in EZ but made a bad throw the play before the missed FG vs Fish.

I like Hotrod and hope he does better in situations​ like that. The whole team needs to do better, not just Hotrod or not just the D, or just the kicker. EVERYONE.

Edited by reddogblitz

I would for sure. If Watson plays great we have our franchise QB. If he plays terrible we have a top pick and could grab a legit QB prospect in 2018.

Your avatar is a picture of Taylor. LOL.

Browns did it twice in a row 😐

Miami gave up more rushing yards and at a higher ypc than the Bills and made the playoffs with Ryan Tannehill and Matt Moore.

Okay, fair enough. But Miami also had the benefit of facing the other three of the bottom four in the league in defensive rushing ypg. Since the Bills and the Dolphins both beat the Browns and 49ers, let's look at the Bills / Dolphins games. Tyrod slightly outperformed Tannehill and vastly outperformed Moore in those games. He also was our leading rusher in the game against Tannehill, so he was clearly the better quarterback in each game. The difference is that we let Jay Ajayi rush for 420 yards. That's insane. That's almost unheard of. If you put an average defense out there against the Dolphins in those games, we win both and go to the playoffs while they sit at home.