NFLPA to focus on marijuana for therapeutic reason

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not what he was arguing. And I want to see if he is capable of backing up his BS claim.

Exactly what I was arguing. Testing positive for marijuana isn't illegal and one can certainly find a way to test positive without committing a "federal crime". Passport? seaworthy boat? Either of those can work. There are more.

I guess it's now a matter of the objector's "capability" to understand. let's see how it works out. I'm less than optimistic.

Exactly what I was arguing. Testing positive for marijuana isn't illegal and one can certainly find a way to test positive without committing a "federal crime". Passport? seaworthy boat? Either of those can work. There are more.

I guess it's now a matter of the objector's "capability" to understand. let's see how it works out. I'm less than optimistic.

how do you test positive for marijuana?

a crime must be committed to test positive.

you're splitting hairs to think you'd go off shore to smoke weed

besides that, it's against the employers rules. as it is with a majority of companies in this country which require physical effort.

sorry if your love of bongs is creating cognitive dissonance.

besides that, it's against the employers rules. as it is with a majority of companies in this country which require physical effort.

Oh my god, A CRIME!!! Ever hear of second hand smoke? How about being slipped an edible without your knowledge?

Maybe the anti-pot crowd would do better without this guy as their mascot? Someone should tell him it's ain't 1934.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/13/jeff-sessions-surprised-americans-marijuana/

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The league has a marijuana problem, and the league knows it.

At a deeper level, the NFL knows that a straight-faced excuse for persisting in the pot prohibition must be articulated in conceal the real reason for it: Collective bargaining.

Marijuana has 2 compounds, THC which is what get you high, and CBD, which is the actual painkilling compound.

THC can be psychologically addicting but is not physically addictive.

CBDs do not get you high, and have zero addictive properties.

The league should let players use CBD products for painkilling and not allow the THC products if they feel that strongly about it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/02/nflpa-continues-to-focus-on-marijuana-for-therapeutic-reasons/

Lol...most players don't smoke?? What?? Half the league or more are pot heads...the NFL doesn't test in season for these things, so unless you are a moron and can't stop when you KNOW the test is coming in the off-season, you should have no issues with getting away with smoking all you want during the season...

Hmmmm, 'it must be a crime', 'the way to avoid it being a crime is splitting hairs', 'anyways employer agreement', blah blah blah. Thanks for demonstrating cognitive dissonance. More convincing rendition than I could have constructed intentionally.

Failing a test for marijuana isn't a crime. Just say it. Set yourself free. I know... you wish it was. But it's not how the law works.

while some continue to embrace this religious opposition for any reason they can vomit out, the NFL WILL continue to modify this policy, states WILL continue to decriminalize and the Fed will follow suit.

Yep- it's dumb for multimillion dollar athletes to risk their cash flow, but the NFL is smart enough to evolve .

Why? Collectively people are realizing it's not all that different than alcohol or cigarettes and relatively proven as better for human heath than either. And the NFL could field a hall of fame all star team filled with pot heads and they know it.

I don't need to love a bong, but I am confident enough in my perspective that if some folks want to recreationally smoke a harmless plant, it won't spiral society into Armageddon. If they further find it helps relieve pain by partaking every night instead of a fifth of scotch, well their liver thanks them. Prescribed opioids? Sure Ask Tiger woods if he wished he'd just stayed home and smoked a joint.

Good luck tho- I hope you convince SOMEONE to buy what your selling

Lol...most players don't smoke?? What?? Half the league or more are pot heads...the NFL doesn't test in season for these things, so unless you are a moron and can't stop when you KNOW the test is coming in the off-season, you should have no issues with getting away with smoking all you want during the season...

A friend of my son's used to work for the Chargers, (Horrible organization by the way) but he players would smoke pot that were on the Chargers because they have medical marijuana in California. Take it for what it's worth. Not sure if that makes it OK in the NFL's eyes.

Edited by Fan in San Diego

Oh my god, A CRIME!!! Ever hear of second hand smoke? How about being slipped an edible without your knowledge?

Maybe the anti-pot crowd would do better without this guy as their mascot? Someone should tell him it's ain't 1934.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/13/jeff-sessions-surprised-americans-marijuana/

...WHERE do I find it?...has to be cheaper like a used car, right?......if an NFL player is under contract in the same vein as we working stiffs are under a quasi employment contract with our employers, if a NFL player is subjected to random testing in the off season (HIS TIME), shouldn't our employers be able to demand random testing while we're on our two week vacation (YOUR TIME) in Columbia, where the real deal may be available??....and if it is acceptable in the medical community. how does the NFL get to override it?.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I don't give a rip what people do on their own time (within reason, of course), but it doesn't matter AT ALL if it's illegal or not. If it's legal on a state AND fefderal level, it doesn't matter. They gave it up in the CBA, and if they are dumb enough to get caught, they face the consequences. It's that simple. There will be a lot of give and take in the next deal, and when it all comes out in the wash, I'd bet they make it go away. It's best for both sides that way, but there will be a cost.

The NFL is the only major professional sports league that tests for MJ.

Even the NFL seemingly doesn't really want to "catch" players:

Players outside the “intervention program”—those who’ve never had a violation—are tested just once a year. Anyone under contract is tested once between April 20 (yup: 4/20) and Aug. 9. The player is given at most a three-hour warning before being visited by a collector, who must directly witness the player providing the urine sample.

I don't give a rip what people do on their own time (within reason, of course), but it doesn't matter AT ALL if it's illegal or not. If it's legal on a state AND fefderal level, it doesn't matter. They gave it up in the CBA, and if they are dumb enough to get caught, they face the consequences. It's that simple. There will be a lot of give and take in the next deal, and when it all comes out in the wash, I'd bet they make it go away. It's best for both sides that way, but there will be a cost.

Augie:

..we are a Union contracting firm.....so under the guise of negative press about Unions in general and more specifically drugs, they caved to random drug testing.....thus, I was having employees called off jobs for a random test, paying them for two hours of lost time as well as incurring two hours of lost job site productivity......so the guy test positive......could they tell me if he had weed that day or showed up high for work?...nope....could they tell me the positive test resulted from weed on a non-working day as in Saturday (HIS TIME) ?....nope again......so they'd ask me what I was going to do about the positive test...my answer?...nothing unless you can quantify when it entered his system which they could not..paper tiger for show....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Augie:

..we are a Union contracting firm.....so under the guise of negative press about Unions in general and more specifically drugs, they caved to random drug testing.....thus, I was having employees called off jobs for a random test, paying them for two hours of lost time as well as incurring two hours of lost job site productivity......so the guy test positive......could they tell me if he had weed that day or showed up high for work?...nope....could they tell me the positive test resulted from weed on a non-working day as in Saturday (HIS TIME) ?....nope again......so they'd ask me what I was going to do about the positive test...my answer?...nothing unless you can quantify when it entered his system which they could not..paper tiger for show....

And the NFL certainly has that option. But why would they go that way for free? I fully expect they will get something in return for looking the other way. I don't think these guys are getting high "on work time". But the CBA forbids it. It's a multi-billion dollar business. It's not necessarily a moral or legal position, but more of a financial point of leverage.

Players outside the “intervention program”—those who’ve never had a violation—are tested just once a year. Anyone under contract is tested once between April 20 (yup: 4/20) and Aug. 9. The player is given at most a three-hour warning before being visited by a collector, who must directly witness the player providing the urine sample.[/size]

Apparently is more of a stupidity test! They give them every opportunity to skirt the rules. But some fools.....

And the NFL certainly has that option. But why would they go that way for free? I fully expect they will get something in return for looking the other way. I don't think these guys are getting high "on work time". But the CBA forbids it. It's a multi-billion dollar business. It's not necessarily a moral or legal position, but more of a financial point of leverage.

...now could you imagine if therapeutic use extended to message board posters free of charge....the kinder, gentler TBD may resemble a Jauron presser.... :thumbsup: .........

...now could you imagine if therapeutic use extended to message board posters free of charge....the kinder, gentler TBD may resemble a Jauron presser.... :thumbsup: .........

Now THAT is funny! :). Some people definitely need to chill a bit. I don't care either way on the pot thing. Regardless of the issue, go find what's in writing and that's what you have to deal with.

both of those are crimes. Someone else smoking it is a crime and you are culpable for being there as well as stupid enough. Aaaand someone else feeding it to you is a crime without your consent.

So next try please

Half the league or more are pot heads...

proof? You said it. Back it up...

Players outside the intervention programthose whove never had a violationare tested just once a year. Anyone under contract is tested once between April 20 (yup: 4/20) and Aug. 9. The player is given at most a three-hour warning before being visited by a collector, who must directly witness the player providing the urine sample.

forgot to cite your Ctrl v there boss

and that's all that matters. But this is only about pot heads being able to smoke because its medical or something.

Now THAT is funny! :). Some people definitely need to chill a bit. I don't care either way on the pot thing. Regardless of the issue, go find what's in writing and that's what you have to deal with.

....how 'bout a Peter Fonda/Dennis Hooper ad campaign with pics of "Easy Rider" in the background and a little Deep Purple "Born to Be Wild" music?...may be before your time....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

both of those are crimes. Someone else smoking it is a crime and you are culpable for being there as well as stupid enough. Aaaand someone else feeding it to you is a crime without your consent.

So next try please

proof? You said it. Back it up...

forgot to cite your Ctrl v there boss

and that's all that matters. But this is only about pot heads being able to smoke because its medical or something.

Indication of a crime? Sure. Enough evidence for a conviction? Not unless you are in some kangaroo court. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Hey, did you make a good point, then take it away? Just curious. :)

i thought a comment in it may be a bit harsh, and i'm trying not to be that guy.

my point for those who didn't see it is that it's just simple to call everyone who uses marijuana a "pot head". people who enjoy a couple of drinks on occasion certainly aren't alcoholics, so why label casual pot users the same way.

i thought a comment in it may be a bit harsh, and i'm trying not to be that guy.

my point for those who didn't see it is that it's just simple to call everyone who uses marijuana a "pot head". people who enjoy a couple of drinks on occasion certainly aren't alcoholics, so why label casual pot users the same way.

I didn't see it as overly harsh (just a good point), but I truly respect playing things on the safe side. This is all for enjoyment and nothing said here will change the world. (Because if it would I'd control everything!) Not worth getting into anything too deep into things people are emotional about. I often agree to disagree.

Sorry, I just thought you just made a good point, didn't mean to egg you on if you were uncomfortable with the way it came off.

Maybe I missed the harsh part.....

Indication of a crime? Sure. Enough evidence for a conviction? Not unless you are in some kangaroo court.

we're not talking about wopner's court. a crime is a crime. but this is getting way off track

i work for peanuts compared to these guys and i won't do drugs partly because of that and mostly because i know that drugs don't cure or fix anything.

Chris Coolie for one. Listening to D.C. Radio and he'll mention it frequently.

chris coolie=chris cooley.

and one guy said so.

i asked a guy who played. he said he didn't notice it as a big deal. played for 5 years i think with manning and roethlisberger among others.

see, i can play someone said something about something, too.

but hearsay isn't proof. back to the drawing board, bub

we're not talking about wopner's court. a crime is a crime. but this is getting way off track

i work for peanuts compared to these guys and i won't do drugs partly because of that and mostly because i know that drugs don't cure or fix anything.

and one guy said so.

i asked a guy who played. he said he didn't notice it as a big deal. played for 5 years i think with manning and roethlisberger among others.

So....you don't do Advil? How about antibiotics? They gave my father morphine (think heroin) in Hospice, and I was so thankful that was available. I think things are not as cut and dried or black and white as you see them. I also will volunteer that I don't know everything. The world might be a better place if people learned more, preached and judged less. (And by that, I am NOT saying you are wrong, just have a different opinion.)

If you want to restrict to the "recreational" options, do you approve of alcohol or tobacco?

So....you don't do Advil? How about antibiotics? They gave my father morphine (think heroin) in Hospice, and I was so thankful that was available. I think things are not as cut and dried or black and white as you see them. I also will volunteer that I don't know everything. The world might be a better place if people learned more, preached and judged less. (And by that, I am NOT saying you are wrong, just have a different opinion.)

If you want to restrict to the "recreational" options, do you approve of alcohol or tobacco?

those do not cure or fix anything.

they mask the symptoms.

and i want to ban recreational use of drugs, tobacco, and dancing. no more dancing in this town. if you want to dance you can go out to the mill which is outside city lines.

they mask the symptoms.

and i want to ban recreational use of drugs, tobacco, and dancing. no more dancing in this town. if you want to dance you can go out to the mill which is outside city lines.

Square dancing is an American right! Don't ask for the pitchfork brigade to head to your fortress!

P.S. That is EXACTLY what antibiotics do, but feel free to carry on.....

Square dancing is an American right! Don't ask for the pitchfork brigade to head to your fortress!

P.S. That is EXACTLY what antibiotics do, but feel free to carry on.....

missed the, antibiotics part. C. Long day.

We are talking recreational drugs. Unless you find recreational amusement in taking antibiotics which destroy your stomach lactobacillus

missed the, antibiotics part. C. Long day.

We are talking recreational drugs. Unless you find recreational amusement in taking antibiotics which destroy your stomach lactobacillus

OK, so if you are, say, dying of a horrible and painful condition (as my father was) with days or hours to live in hospice, is there something glorious or heroic in declining the morphine? Be careful, that's a slippery slope! Edited by Augie

OK, so if you are, say, dying of a horrible and painful condition (as my father was) with days or hours to live in hospice, is there something glorious or heroic in declining the morphine? Be careful, that's a slippery slope!

I think I said exactly that actually

and one guy said so.

Yes, Cooley is "one guy". If you wanted to be honest with yourself you would google it and see that a number of former and few current players will say the same thing. around 50%.

I choose to believe that # to be plausible.

they mask the symptoms.

Advil or antibiotics don't fix or cure anything?

I have a headache, affter taking Advil I don't have a headache anymore. It didn't fix the pain?

Antibiotics don't kill infections?

I have a headache, affter taking Advil I don't have a headache anymore. It didn't fix the pain?

I missed the antibiotics. But we are talking recreational drugs

And no. Asvil doesn't cure the cause of the headache only the symptom.

I'm for legalization. I say that countlessly. I'm for legalization of everything. But not under the guise of it is some wonder drug.

Cures backaches? so do dead lifts.

Cures anxiety? So does a walk, jog or swim.

Cures depression? So does a hobby.

Weed and getting high are fine with me but stay off the road. If caught you get 2 yrs mandatory in federal pound me in the arse prison. If its against workplace regulation you get fired. If you have a cdl than you lose it for life. If you have a pilots license that you fly high, no lie, ballin', if you're a school janitor and the pipsqueeks get ahold of your stash in the sock of you shoe then you have to repeat elementary school.

I'm for legalization. I say that countlessly. I'm for legalization of everything. But not under the guise of it is some wonder drug.

Weed and getting high are fine with me but stay off the road. If caught you get 2 yrs mandatory in federal pound me in the arse prison. If its against workplace regulation you get fired. If you have a cdl than you lose it for life. If you have a pilots license that you fly high, no lie, ballin', if you're a school janitor and the pipsqueeks get ahold of your stash in the sock of you shoe then you have to repeat elementary school.

I didn't say it cured the headache, I said it eliminates the pain. That's what it's intended to do.

Man you really paint everything with the same brush.

All depression, backaches and anxiety are all the same. Maybe I'll tel my friend who served 4 tours in the Middle East who has depression that he just needs a hobby and all his PTSD will go away.

I didn't say it cured the headache, I said it eliminates the pain. That's what it's intended to do.

Man you really paint everything with the same brush.

All depression, backaches and anxiety are all the same. Maybe I'll tel my friend who served 4 tours in the Middle East who has depression that he just needs a hobby and all his PTSD will go away.

no. You didn't read my previous posts. I said many things alleviate symptoms and reduce pain but theyvdont cure the problem

:insert reading is fundamental gif:

no. You didn't read my previous posts. I said many things alleviate symptoms and reduce pain but theyvdont cure the problem

:insert reading is fundamental gif:

Hmmmm...I'm seeing the word "cure" for the problems. You mentioned it 3 times. I even put it in bold it for you just in case you miss it.

:insert knowing what you write is fundamental gif

a lot of what you mentioned works well for me, but not for somone that has hardcore anxiety or depression. i have no idea how dead lifts cure back aches. i stay away from them so i don't bother my back.

concerning the medical use of pot, i think it should primarily used as pain and seizure relief. i'm sure there are other applications, but mostly i like the idea that it can replace opioids. i'm not a fan of the "cure all" idea.

if it becomes completely legal, which i think it will, they have to regulate it like they would booze. sending someone to a mandatory prison stay is just nuts, (i don't think you were being serious anyway).

legalization of pot doesn't have to be complicated in any way. i think most people that fear it are the ones that don't understand it, and really see it as a hard core drug. i'm more of a drinker than anything else, but i see pot as faaaaaar less harmful than alcohol, for what it does to your body, attitude, and addictive qualities.

I usually take Advil for inflammation, which it certainly helps.

those NSAIDs are some of the best for pain relief. with certain applications, they work far better than something like hydrocodone.

Hmmmm...I'm seeing the word "cure" for the problems. You mentioned it 3 times. I even put it in bold it for you just in case you miss it.

:insert knowing what you write is fundamental gif

Ahh so you have reading comprehension is the issue. Sarcasm font is needed. Cures is sarcasm

try yoga. Seriously.