Aaron Hernandez's 'murder car' up for sale on eBay

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/us/aaron-hernandez-car-ebay/

Aaron Hernandez's silver 2006 Toyota 4Runner, which prosecutors said was the "murder car" used in a drive-by double killing, is now up for sale on eBay as an "infamous" collectible item. "This is the REAL DEAL !!! Aaron Hernandez' (sic) infamous silver Toyota 4-runner," the eBay listing reads. "Nows your chance to own this infamous piece of famous football memorabilia !!"

"The Toyota is just the way it came from the impound yard, and still has the black soot on the map lights, and sunroof switch where the police dusted for finger prints !!" the listing says.

I'm surprised they even released that car back to the dealership. Seems like a dumb thing in hindsight now that's its become a sick spectacle.

I mean, it's messed up that anyone would pay premium for it... but why shouldn't the car go back into circulation?

I mean, it's messed up that anyone would pay premium for it... but why shouldn't the car go back into circulation?

Lots of vehicles used for crimes are sold through auctions by municipalities. So yes, it would be back in circulation. However, it wouldn't be sold advertising what crime it was used for. It was given back to the owner, and now he is selling it. Cars are taken and sold all the time through civil forfeiture. When sold at auction law enforcement pays the balance of the lien. I was just thinking that this is one time law enforcement would have been better not releasing the vehicle back to the lien holder. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Aaron Hernandez's murder conviction has been vacated. He's now officially an innocent (but dead) man.

A Bristol Superior Court judge rules Tuesday morning that Hernandez's murder conviction for the killing of Odin Lloyd is to be vacated, making as if the trial that determined his guilt never happened.

His legal team has been fighting to vacate the conviction since his suicide. State law indicates that convictions in the appeals process can be vacated if the convicted person dies before the process ends.

Edited by Nanker

Aaron Hernandez's murder conviction has been vacated. He's now officially an innocent (but dead) man.

A Bristol Superior Court judge rules Tuesday morning that Hernandez's murder conviction for the killing of Odin Lloyd is to be vacated, making as if the trial that determined his guilt never happened.

His legal team has been fighting to vacate the conviction since his suicide. State law indicates that convictions in the appeals process can be vacated if the convicted person dies before the process ends.

This doesn't make any sense to me. He was convicted of the crime, why vacate it? Just because he's dead doesn't change the fact he did it. I'd be pissed if I was related to the victim. Maybe chisel the word murderer on his grave stone.