McDermott preaches character & integrity.

I see that shirt differently then most. Not a slam on OJ but a slam on police. The picture is just the opposite of the day OJ was chased in the multiple cop cars (evil white cops) chasing the one white bronco (innocent black man). I think the shirt was a poor play on BLM.

Yeah I noticed that too. I wouldn't have chosen it for live TV.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope there was no collusion with Carolina's Asst GM Brandon Beane during the draft. If so I would find that VERY hypocritical and I for one would not want him to become the new GM of the Bills. Talk about having trust issues!

Some jackass (alleged Bills fan) brought this up on draft weekend, like he wanted to start an investigation.

Like Carolina was the only team that scouted Zay Jones and Dawkins.

Get over it.

Bengals just the opposite

Pacman Jones

http://deadspin.com/adam-pacman-jones-to-police-suck-my-dick-1791537594 NSFW

Vontaze Burfict

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/12/18/13351854/vontaze-burfict-history-cincinnati-bengals-asu-personal-fouls

Joe Mixon I would not post a link to that sickening video

That's a fine list of Boy Scouts on one team. I guess we know where they stand on the issue.

...No problem here being (FINALLY) recognized as a top notch football organization run by FOOTBALL people.......last 17 years has been a patchwork FO/Administrative mess....sure beats being in the Bungles reputation of old.....at the same time, BB has taken chances on borderline guys with his iron fist,,,,,perform or you're gone....think McCoach could do the same if a guy can turn it around....it's not Bible School........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I sure hope there was no collusion with Carolina's Asst GM Brandon Beane during the draft. If so I would find that VERY hypocritical and I for one would not want him to become the new GM of the Bills. Talk about having trust issues!

It really is unnecessary to suspect collusion. The scouts are working and grading players all fall and the draft board starts to get set in January. Pre-draft visits are public knowledge.

McDermott had a lot of info on what the Panther's player evaluations were and what their needs were, and he took it with him under his ball cap when he walked out of their building.

Some jackass (alleged Bills fan) brought this up on draft weekend, like he wanted to start an investigation.

Like Carolina was the only team that scouted Zay Jones and Dawkins.

Get over it.

Getting over it works both ways.

Funny watching all the newbie blockheads go thru their first "apologists" season on TSW.

We've been thru this 19 times/years now........17 consecutive of which haven't resulted in a successful season.......when it comes to your opinion, consider a look at the scoreboard before you crap it out of your keyboard. :thumbsup:

Edited by #BADOL

One thing Rex did right was give Incognito a chance. Most people probably would have overlooked him for character issues.

It's not to say he won't fall off again, but he's been awesome here. Can't necessarily judge someone by their past.

College scouting have their reports done at the end of CFB and the team assembles its board in January. Things may move around slightly with FA and workouts but generally there aren't big changes because they know who they are and aren't paying, and players only drop significantly if they get injured or arrested. McD had a good idea who the Panthers wanted to take before he left. I think this is why he hired ECU WR coach. They probably had been scouting Zay closely and the coach established a strong reputation in the Panthers organization.

He may have known some guys who they liked, but teams don't generally do their boards in January. Hell, the Senior Bowl was January 27th. Here's a story dated Feb. 5th about how the Bills just flew their scouts into town to assemble their board over the next ten days so they can have a first version together before the combine. That's the calendar most teams use.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Bills-draft-board-rounding-into-form/8acc2efa-ef5d-4c2c-b3d8-1eba744ec687

The Panthers last game was Dec. 31st and there was a story in the paper on Jan. 2nd that the Bills were going to interview McDermott. And it just was never a mystery that he was a top coaching candidate. The guy's a demon on prep and he's taking time off to supposedly talk college scouting before they've done their post-season analysis?

Sorry, the idea just doesn't make sense. Could he have heard some names of guys they liked? Sure. Could he know where they ranked them? Seriously, no.

...."preachin' " does nothing for me....a truer testament to McD's coaching ability would be to take a highly skilled yet suspect character guy and mold him into a major contributor to the team ON and OFF the field......Belichick has done it several times and he's not too bad at what he does..............

Belichick first put together a terrific locker room of character guys. After that he took some chances. Not many.

Edited by Thurman#1

...."preachin' " does nothing for me....a truer testament to McD's coaching ability would be to take a highly skilled yet suspect character guy and mold him into a major contributor to the team ON and OFF the field......Belichick has done it several times and he's not too bad at what he does..............

Gotta call you on this one AFL. You sure?

But i am all for turning Boys into good strong men.

That is part of Coaches calling I might suspect

I can imagine he talked with his mentor before the draft. Being his first one as HC.

I can bet Ron R said " go for it" meaning "Game On "

Gotta call you on this one AFL. You sure?

But i am all for turning Boys into good strong men.

That is part of Coaches calling I might suspect

I can imagine he talked with his mentor before the draft. Being his first one as HC.

I can bet Ron R said " go for it" meaning "Game On "

....Blount was hardly a choir boy.....didn't he get a year out of Floyd?....didn't Meriweather have some issues?....he took on the ultimate diva Moss.....I'm sure there are others.....he'll offer you a shot if you have talent, but it is SOLELY on HIS terms....if the best in the business gave me a chance, I'd sure as hell "tow the line"....BB has easily earned that type of respect...McD has a long way to go as a HC neophyte....Management 101..."respect is earned and NOT commanded"...............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

in·teg·ri·ty
inˈteɡrədē/
noun
noun: integrity
  1. 1.
    the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
    "he is known to be a man of integrity"
    synonyms: honesty, probity, rectitude, honor, good character, principle(s), ethics, morals, righteousness, morality, virtue, decency, fairness, scrupulousness, sincerity, truthfulness, trustworthiness
    "I never doubted his integrity"

Not one part of above describes what McDictator and Pegs did to Whaley. Regardless if you liked Whaley or not.

So it would not surpise me in the least if what has been rumored could be true in regards to draft data poaching.

Edited by cba fan

....Blount was hardly a choir boy.....didn't he get a year out of Floyd?....didn't Meriweather have some issues?....he took on the ultimate diva Moss.....I'm sure there are others.....he'll offer you a shot if you have talent, but it is SOLELY on HIS terms....if the best in the business gave me a chance, I'd sure as hell "tow the line"....BB has easily earned that type of respect...McD has a long way to go as a HC neophyte....Management 101..."respect is earned and NOT commanded"...............

very nice retort.

Cold heartless bastard that BB is.

He may have known some guys who they liked, but teams don't generally do their boards in January. Hell, the Senior Bowl was January 27th. Here's a story dated Feb. 5th about how the Bills just flew their scouts into town to assemble their board over the next ten days so they can have a first version together before the combine. That's the calendar most teams use.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Bills-draft-board-rounding-into-form/8acc2efa-ef5d-4c2c-b3d8-1eba744ec687

The Panthers last game was Dec. 31st and there was a story in the paper on Jan. 2nd that the Bills were going to interview McDermott. And it just was never a mystery that he was a top coaching candidate. The guy's a demon on prep and he's taking time off to supposedly talk college scouting before they've done their post-season analysis?

Sorry, the idea just doesn't make sense. Could he have heard some names of guys they liked? Sure. Could he know where they ranked them? Seriously, no.

Belichick first put together a terrific locker room of character guys. After that he took some chances. Not many.

the teams that I am familiar with have an initial board set by the end of the CFB season. That is in November. Bowl games, all star games, combine, pro days etc are all for confirmation purposes and guys move around slightly as a result of those but not drastically unless there is an injury or arrest. He knew exactly who they had up high at each position - the scouting meetings take place weekly at least. In some cases the team knows its #1 target in September. They've been scouting them for years. Edited by YoloinOhio

Getting over it works both ways.

Funny watching all the newbie blockheads go thru their first "apologists" season on TSW.

We've been thru this 19 times/years now........17 consecutive of which haven't resulted in a successful season.......when it comes to your opinion, consider a look at the scoreboard before you crap it out of your keyboard. :thumbsup:

Hey guys remember that time that a poster tried to insinuate that because a person is relatively new to this board that said poster hasnt experienced any of the past bad seasons? Quite ludicrous to think because a person is new to a board that there is something so insightful here that must be read, that if not read the new poster isnt a fan or hasnt experienced the losing seasons. This is petty and pretty awful.

It's not so much what you experience, but more have you dealt with it in a rational manner. Carrying hate for missing the palyoffs 17 years ago is fruitless. I'll look at the NOW, thank you. Current owners, current team, etc. It's not all perfect, but at least it's present. And I don't care how long anyone has been here, we were all new once. We were not all haters who complain about everything.

It's not so much what you experience, but more have you dealt with it in a rational manner. Carrying hate for missing the palyoffs 17 years ago is fruitless. I'll look at the NOW, thank you. Current owners, current team, etc. It's not all perfect, but at least it's present. And I don't care how long anyone has been here, we were all new once. We were not all haters who complain about everything.

there are a ton of narratives being built around very little info... I find it fascinating that the hot takes are already flowing like a fine Glen Livet. I personally love the fresh start so far, enjoy the "process" of seeing what is next.

in·teg·ri·ty
inˈteɡrədē/
noun
noun: integrity
  1. 1.
    the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
    "he is known to be a man of integrity"
    synonyms: honesty, probity, rectitude, honor, good character, principle(s), ethics, morals, righteousness, morality, virtue, decency, fairness, scrupulousness, sincerity, truthfulness, trustworthiness
    "I never doubted his integrity"

Not one part of above describes what McDictator and Pegs did to Whaley. Regardless if you liked Whaley or not.

So it would not surpise me in the least if what has been rumored could be true in regards to draft data poaching. elaborate.

What is it exactly that they did to Whaley (and I hoped nothing but the best for the guy, and have no hard feelings now that he is gone) in the context of the nfl that ran 'em afoul of Merriam-Webster in your eyes?