GM Doug Whaley has been fired

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there are 3 (let's say Darnold, Rosen, Rudolph) then we are ALL SET.

We have the ammo to trade up to #2 if need be (2 1sts in 2018, 2nd in 2018, 1st in 2019, etc). It's happened a couple times recently.

Of course, IF Tyrod suddenly improves then that is a great problem to have because we get to use those picks on talent instead.

All things considered, we may not need to trade up for a QB....

A smartphone does everything a pencil, pad and stop watch, and then some.

You don't say?

My point being that the person ripping the staffer likely did so based on a general lack of engagement that day. If he was intensely working on his phone then it easily could've been on a great scouting app they used! But I'm going out on a limb that we got the 140 character anecdote about how disengaged the dead man walking was that day

You don't say?

My point being that the person ripping the staffer likely did so based on a general lack of engagement that day. If he was intensely working on his phone then it easily could've been on a great scouting app they used! But I'm going out on a limb that we got the 140 character anecdote about how disengaged the dead man walking was that day

I believe you are correct

All things considered, we may not need to trade up for a QB....

If McD cant get a better performance from a .500 team than Rex, then why was he given complete control of the organization?

If we end up 4-12 next year, that's not a great start to his path of becoming the new Reid/Belichick here. Gasse came into Miami and took them right to the playoffs.

And the last time you were? Your last pro day was when?

Haha way to turn it and avoid the question.

Why is Charles Robinson all of sudden the expert on what a scout should bring to a pro day?

Look I get it, let's all jump on the Bills now with all these rumours flying out, it's super easy.

So with Monos and Fischer also gone and Overdorf with a sword over his head, is it really wise to zero out your entire organization when it comes to evaluating and signing players? Maybe "continuity" was a bad word here but gutting the place seems extreme. I hope they have people lined up to step in and are not starting from scratch today.

Ok then, what exactly is generating all the cries of 'dysfunction' over the firing of a GM with the track record I described?

Or is it just the standard Bills fan kicking and screaming out of frustration any time there is a major change at OBD?

It's the way the whole offseason played out and the silly explanations today.

If you dislike Whaley this move should be done in January. Instead we've had some weird and dysfunctional power structure for months seemingly. And then there's added context of issues outside of this situation we've seen too.

while i think you realize i'm not a big fan of speculation and conjecture and i know you're not. and i know drd isn't and hoping he'll chime back in.

but it's multi faceted nonsense.

in this situation whaley did not need the power. whaley seemed to have a plan with a power structure different from pegula. pegula wanted the level playing field of management and all things equal. whaley seemed to want the dichotomy of the front office working for the football operations and the coaches working hand in hand with the him. not necessarily an archaic report to the gm and he then assigns the work kind of nonsense but more the "coach you tell me what you want and i'll work to get it" vs pegula's "coach tell us what you want and we will work to get it."

Not quite sure if your take is that significantly different from mine. But given that neither of us have concrete proof of what went on inside the organization, we just have to go by the sequence of events and the ultimate decisions themselves. Suffice to say that I am not going to argue this point with you too hard.

It's the way the whole offseason played out and the silly explanations today.

If you dislike Whaley this move should be done in January. Instead we've had some weird and dysfunctional power structure for months seemingly. And then there's added context of issues outside of this situation we've seen too.

A - frigin - men