GM Doug Whaley has been fired

This was long overdue, and reports are that Overdorf could be gone soon also.

The housecleaning should have happened when Pegulas bought the team. Long overdue.

...save yourself the embarrassment of "spouting off" ignorance and study the man's background.....he is a scientist by trade....they are highly, analytical, methodical, calculating and move at their own pace to when and if they reach a conclusion (any cancer cures yet??)....so expecting him to clean house on day one is an asinine proposal based on the man's background and thought process.....once he reaches a conclusion on his OWN TIMETABLE, change will happen as he sees fit....hence the Sabres and now the Bills....if you don't like HIS timetable, guess you'll have to buy him out....oh well.............

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...save yourself the embarrassment of "spouting off" ignorance and study the man's background.....he is a scientist by trade....they are highly, analytical, methodical, calculating and move at their own pace to when and if they reach a conclusion (any cancer cures yet??)....so expecting him to clean house on day one is an asinine proposal based on the man's background and thought process.....once he reaches a conclusion on his OWN TIMETABLE, change will happen as he sees fit....hence the Sabres and now the Bills....if you don't like HIS timetable, guess you'll have to buy him out....oh well.............

We're heading into his fourth year as owner-it shouldn't take that long to realize Ralph Wilson's FO was a mess. Fanbase knew it all the time.

Mixed feelings. Clearly Doug was on the hot seat. And I can understand the logic of making the move now since it allowed the draft to be completed. But I now find it difficult if not impossible to trust the words of the HC and owners since up till today all the language was how they worked together well etc.

The Pegulas match my personality. I am the type who is very patient, but when I reach my limit that's that. They reached their limit with both teams and bam- decisions are made. But if I'm a candidate for any of the openings, my question would have to be How do I trust your word based on the endorsements given to folks who are then canned shortly thereafter? They will get good people for the openings. They are willing to put financial and other resources behind whomever they hire. And willing to give some time for results. But I'd have some hard questions.

As for the never ending Russ posts, if you wind up attending the amateur hockey tournaments, frozen four, March Madness, etc and enjoy them, you can thank Russ for some of that.

They have to say they are working well together and they probably did for the draft. But with philosophic differences Whaley had to go.

... and we know - hands down - that who ever they hire next will be the best GM ever.

The Pegulas couldn't possibly find someone who is worse than Whaley - could they?

That's the thing.

I'm all in favor of firing Whaley if they bring in someone better.

I'm going to learn to hate his firing if they bring in someone worse.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Many cancers are now able to be cured, either through surgery, chemotherapy or radiation, or a combination of treatments.

That's the thing.

I'm all in favor of firing Whaley if they bring in someone better.

I'm going to learn to hate his firing if they bring in someone worse.

Worst GM in league, so it's not going to be hard to find a better one.

We're heading into his fourth year as owner-it shouldn't take that long to realize Ralph Wilson's FO was a mess. Fanbase knew it all the time.

It's one thing to sit back as a fan and say oh this person or that person should be fired but coming in as an objective owner, dealing with personalities face to face, knowing the person in front of you and their wife and family is a whole different animal I'm sure, as a fan I can easily say fire Doug Whaley but as a person who would have to do it face to face it would be very difficult, even if it's a business, it would still be quite different imo.

This was long overdue, and reports are that Overdorf could be gone soon also.

The housecleaning should have happened when Pegulas bought the team. Long overdue.

He should have cleaned house then but being a new owner he wanted to see what he had in the organization. We all knew but know he knows as well, he finally made the night decision.

Agreed except I expect to have a poor record this year, to which there are a bunch of QBs we can land next year.

I believe we are on the same page with that and why I put Year 3. We will be competitive this year with Tyrod, Peterman is a crapshoot and next year's draft probably holds our 2019 starter. If that person is a stud and can come in to a solid team, 2018 is even better.

Should have been gone in December. /smh

failing to hold a presser on Rex's firing, and then mumbling and equivocating on every question asked when he finally appeared was a good time to let him go.