UDFA Thread Time!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep the way it works is kids go where they have a chance. The last couple of years our roster has been tough to make and we haven't attracted many top end UDFAs as a result. This year agents will be saying to their players "hey you could make the Bills roster with a good camp".

Yep the way it works is kids go where they have a chance. The last couple of years our roster has been tough to make and we haven't attracted many top end UDFAs as a result. This year agents will be saying to their players "hey you could make the Bills roster with a good camp".

Most of the top guys already signed elsewhere.

I always want the Bills to find a change of pace scat back w/good receiving skills and a small quick slot receiver ala Edelman/Beasley/etc...

Any good UDFA's who fit the mold?

Also sign me up for Carroll Phillips

Why was Phillips not drafted? Two separate player rating sources had him as a 3rd or 4th rounder.

I always want the Bills to find a change of pace scat back w/good receiving skills and a small quick slot receiver ala Edelman/Beasley/etc...

Any good UDFA's who fit the mold?

Also sign me up for Carroll Phillips

Dare Ogunbowale, Wisconsin
5'10 3/4" 213 lbs 4.65s
Dare Ogunbowale excelled in his third-down-back role at Wisconsin, catching a combined 60 passes in his last two seasons while averaging 8.5 yards per reception. He has soft hands and the ability to catch and run. Ogunbowale is at his best in the open field or on stretch plays getting outside of a defense, showing good lateral quickness. He will likely fit a zone run scheme best. He played faster than he tested, and while he is a raw athlete at this point, he offers nice upside for a team
Taquan Mizzell, Virginia
5'9 3/4" 197 lbs 4.55
The quick feet and instincts of Taquan Mizzell give him a shot to make an NFL roster. In a zone scheme, Mizzell can make the cuts needed to get through the line of scrimmage no matter the size of the hole. He has the awareness and vision to get through the line and start picking up plus yardage. You’ll see chunk plays on his film, and he has a knack for cutting back against the grain to find more running room.

These are the two zone RBs left from my list after round4. Others have been drafted or signed.

Edited by CanadianFan