I don't understand the White hate...

The Internet age has really complicated drafts. Fans read mocks and watch YouTube for a month or 2, and it leads to a sort of false sense of who should go where, and who the Bills "should" take at a given position.

It's just not like that. I'm not discounting that some may put in serious time and really know their stuff. But even with those guys, it's a small fraction of what scouts and decision makers put in.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong, Bills fans want to feel like Chiefs fans today.

That their team admitted they will never win anything unless they get a QB. They took the chance to get a QB.

Instead we take a corner to fill a hole. That's great and logical, but nothing changes with the Bills today.

Should they take a QB in the 1st every year until they get it? And if not then why this year, when they had to spend an extra 1st round pick and the prospects all have numerous flaws that may be unfixable in the NFL? Taking a QB in the 1st is not automatically a good move. We should know that.

I believe they are going to try to build an honest contender over the next few years.

they aren't going 11-5 any time soon.

So they put some thinking into last night, and whatever... will see how it pans out in the medium term....

1. Some people had their heart set on a certain player, such as OJ Howard, Malik Hooker or Reuben Foster. So they are mad we passed on a guy they liked.

2. Some people were going to be upset unless we drafted a Quarterback. Period.

3. Some people think that because we let a starting Cornerback leave in free agency, it is stupid to draft his replacement in the First Round.

4. Some people are going to complain no matter what we do.

5. BBMB

Every fan is a different person with different opinions and you can never make everyone happy.

I would've liked to see Watson at #10. The need for CB was self-inflicted. The value of the 2018 first is overstated.

How is the value of a first round pick overstated or over rated? It's a first round pick any way you look at it.

So does this mean that the priority now is for the Bills to tank this season so they get a higher pick to package with the KC pick to get a QB, or a high enough pick to get a QB with that pick? Or is the priority to make the playoffs and get a lower pick that may prevent them from moving up to get a top QB?

To me it means that I won't be that upset if the Bills do tank this season. I'll hope for a playoff run but if not, no biggie, next year's QB draft class should be one of the better ones in years. Even if the Bills can't climb their way to the #1 spot to take Darnold they should have the ammunition to move up and take a quality guy.

How is the value of a first round pick overstated or over rated? It's a first round pick any way you look at it.

Some years there are no-brainer HOF careers launched in the first round.

To me it means that I won't be that upset if the Bills do tank this season. I'll hope for a playoff run but if not, no biggie, next year's QB draft class should be one of the better ones in years. Even if the Bills can't climb their way to the #1 spot to take Darnold they should have the ammunition to move up and take a quality guy.

They won't tank, but they probably won't reach past mediocre either.

Start building a winner, baby step by baby step...

Ask yourself this, which team will get to a Super Bowl first, the Browns or the Chiefs? IMO it's a no brainer. The Browns for sure. The Chiefs have peaked and won't get past the Pats anyway. The Browns have a ton of young talent and plenty of ammo for a real QB to come in next year as a final piece.

Finally, the Bills did something that builds for the future instead of mortgaging and gambling. The browns have gone more all in on that the last few years and it's working. Let's hope Buffalo can get there quicker and with less pain.

Edited by dubs

traded down too far, missed out on a lot of good players 15-25, didn't get enough in return considering KC is a good team that will be picking at the end of the 1st next year. glad we traded back, wished it would have been for a 2nd rounder this year as well as a 1st next considering where KC typically picks or I wish it was with a team that picked earlier. houston will be terrible this year, the Browns might have 2 top 10 picks!

Completely agree. The trade should've involved a 2nd and next year's 1st. Plus it dropped us out of any shot at some of these top 25 players.

So does this mean that the priority now is for the Bills to tank this season so they get a higher pick to package with the KC pick to get a QB, or a high enough pick to get a QB with that pick? Or is the priority to make the playoffs and get a lower pick that may prevent them from moving up to get a top QB?

4 year starter in the best conference in college football.

Leader, high character, and straight baller.

Fills position of need and the best thing about it? We gained 2 extra picks which includes a first rounder next year in the best QB class in awhile.

Smart move OBD. Let's finish strong these next 2 days, go 5-11 next year, and we have a legit shot at Darnold, Rosen, or Allen.

Stay positive folks. I trust this McDermott guy.

4 year starter in the best conference in college football.

Leader, high character, and straight baller.

Fills position of need and the best thing about it? We gained 2 extra picks which includes a first rounder next year in the best QB class in awhile.

Smart move OBD. Let's finish strong these next 2 days, go 5-11 next year, and we have a legit shot at Darnold, Rosen, or Allen.

Stay positive folks. I trust this McDermott guy.

I'm not seeing any White hate. Where are you seeing that? I'm seeing critics (myself included) saying that from all we know and hear he seems to be a useful player, not destined for stardom but destined to be a solid starting CB. The criticism is about Bills' management and what the plan is - assuming there is a plan? - for how they're either going to get better in 2017, or get good enough to be a real SB competitor in the foreseeable future. Besides, in the battle of the unnecessary apostrophes, I prefer Adoree' to Tre'Davious (understanding that the former is really just a transliteration of the French accent aigu)

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Ask yourself this, which team will get to a Super Bowl first, the Browns or the Chiefs? IMO it's a no brainer. The Browns for sure. The Chiefs have peaked and won't get past the Pats anyway. The Browns have a ton of young talent and plenty of ammo for a real QB to come in next year as a final piece.

Finally, the Bills did something that builds for the future instead of mortgaging and gambling. The browns have gone more all in on that the last few years and it's working. Let's hope Buffalo can get there quicker and with less pain.

neither, probably ever?