Video proof GM Doug in charge of answering phones

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've hated the garbage speculation that he's all but fired for months now, but OP, to 100% confidently say that he will be back next year after a scout was cited to say they're all getting fired this week is just asking the Sassy, critical "I-told-you-so"s of this board to bump this thread up out of spite should he actually be gone shortly.

I'd personally rather him stay at least for this upcoming year but who knows...

Edited by JimKellyTryouts

Wow. You couldn't have been misunderstanding my posts in this thread more if you tried. I've actually been agreeing with you.

It's nice that I've now been attacked by a Whaley hater and a Whaley supporter all in one thread.

I'm done with you, too. Good luck with your side of the bitchfest.

ok K-9 I apologize. Read what you saying the wrong way. glad you agree.

I've hated the garbage speculation that he's all but fired for months now, but OP, to 100% confidently say that he will be back next year after a scout was cited to say they're all getting fired this week is just asking the Sassy, critical "I-told-you-so"s of this board to bump this thread up out of spite should he actually be gone shortly.

if he was getting fired would he really be allowed to draft or make draft trades with the KC GM a week out. Would you let him do that if you were firing him. Please use common sense for one moment. This is so laughable

Scouts getting fired. Never said Whaley.

I know who was in charge last night. it's on video with the KC Chiefs GM talking about him and our GM Doug Wahley putting this deal togather a week ago. But don't watch the video you might find out your wrong. Also I not on board with Wahley being are GM after last night. He decided to trade away a sure fire Probowler and the next Fave to The Chiefs who cleaned his clock Who care about a flippin corner back. It's all about getting a QB. Did you listen to GM Dorsey why they made this trade. There laughing there asses off right now.

Mike Ditka was thought he was pretty clever when he traded for Ricky Williams. Just sayin'.

Wow. You couldn't have been misunderstanding my posts in this thread more if you tried. I've actually been agreeing with you.

It's nice that I've now been attacked by a Whaley hater and a Whaley supporter all in one thread.

I'm done with you, too. Good luck with your side of the bitchfest.

ok K-9 I apologize. Read what you saying the wrong way. glad you agree.

if he was getting fired would he really be allowed to draft or make draft trades with the KC GM a week out. Would you let him do that if you were firing him. Please use common sense for one moment. This is so laughable

Lol I was actually trying to support your view that I think Whaley is inclined to stay, but again, for you to be so confident and headstrong with your view and dismiss me as "laughable" can potentially set up for disappointment.

Now let me try it from a different stance:

Unlike you, I don't have a damn clue what'll happen with Doug. He could be in charge like how we both presume for the contact with KC, or he could be making calls as McD's Secretary/B word, just to report back to him.

Edited by JimKellyTryouts

Doug's MO is to trade up. He likes losing picks to get better players. I don't know who made this decision but I don't believe it was Whaley.

It is? How many times has he traded up? How many times has he traded down? What's the league-wide average?

Scouts getting fired. Never said Whaley.

Mike Ditka was thought he was pretty clever when he traded for Ricky Williams. Just sayin'.

Yes, but the heads of the scouting department have been appointed by the media and message board's whipping boy. Who knows, maybe it's just the Ralphers/lifers, or possibly a full clean house. Or a pure bluff. I can only shrug and eat my popcorn.

Maybe but I feel that Nix was part of the influence of trading down there. When Whaley drafts he can't resist trading up at least once a draft. I fully would have expected Whaley to draft Lattimore.

Well, I mean if you FEEL that, then who are we to disagree. Please, share more of your feelings with us.

I see you clarified later, but this post doesn't convey what you later clarified it to mean. Scouts are getting fired, unless Whaley is a scout, your comment makes no sense.

Except if you're him, it's more embarrassing to talk to the media.

One Buffalo. One face.

McDermott's.

Not really. He will never be a GM again, cause he was basically put in the corner like a kid. A lot of GMs are not good public speakers but talk to media (especially during draft).

McDermott had to sign off and Whaley will be gone after draft

This may be just me, but it turns me off when people make statements that can only be an opinion as fact. Not trying to call you out specifically, I think it's a terrible side effect of the twitter age. Making statements of opinion as fact.

Like, what you meant to say was, "I believe that McDermott had to sign off on the pick and believe Whaley will be fired after the draft"

Edited by dubs

This may be just me, but it turns me off when people make statements that can only be an opinion as fact. Not trying to call you out specifically, I think it's a terrible side effect of the twitter age. Making statements of opinion as fact.

Like, what you meant to say was, "I believe that McDermott had to sign off on the pick and believe Whaley will be fired after the draft"

It certainly isn't just you, but there's nothing else to do but accept that several people will always have their own narrative and not distinguish what they hope or expect to be true with what actually is.

Not really. He will never be a GM again, cause he was basically put in the corner like a kid. A lot of GMs are not good public speakers but talk to media (especially during draft).

This is patently false and based on your completely unqualified opinion. Team policy is team policy. I can't stand it when people made sweeping statements based on nothing but their own feelings and opinions.

Yes, but the heads of the scouting department have been appointed by the media and message board's whipping boy. Who knows, maybe it's just the Ralphers/lifers, or possibly a full clean house. Or a pure bluff. I can only shrug and eat my popcorn.

We'll find out in a week.

How dare the media or fans question anything OBD does. They are the model for every other NFL organization to follow. Just look at the results. SMH

Point proven.

how do you figure 'Point proven'?

you constructed a strawman and didn't even address the point that was made in the first post you responded to. still working your clueless agenda it seems.

@mlombardiNFL

Im told Sean McDerrmott making all the moves in Buffalo....he is running this draft.

I can't believe there is anyone out there who doesn't believe this.

I don't know if he'll never be a GM, but he does like look a joke. McDermott has stepped in and completely pushed him aside. The Rex Ryan drafts also looked more like Rex was pulling the strings as well.

watch this video with the KC GM. He talks about how he had a gentleman's agreement with our GM a week out before this trade was made. See how this whole thing went down. See why the QB position is the most important commodity there is and how to value it

Great video. http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/videos/John_Dorsey_Confident_in_Choice_of_Patrick_Mahomes_II/32100dc7-55ac-476f-a128-51f0998d6c5d

No wonder we traded all our picks for needs, see ya Duggy.