RD 1, pick 6 (2018): Sam Darnold (QB)- USC

major

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The perennial wait until next year. I thought this class was supposed to be 2013 all over again wasn't it?

Where are all the people parroting that absolute tosh now?

The Bills and their fans have played the "wait until next year" game too often. If Watson (who will play some as a rookie) lights it up in Houston the Buffalo Bills will have some serious, serious questions to answer about why they are gunshy to pick Quarterbacks.

They talk about culture change and having high character leaders in the locker room and then pass on a Quarterback with all the leadership traits and character that anyone could ask for. And Mahomes isn't far behind on those criteria either by the way. What is that in the background? It is the sound of spinning wheels.

Quiet you. It's all about the extra picks we can use on defensive backs.

that is until next year happens and everyone falls in love with some other QB and we hear how this years QB crop isn't great and 2019 is the year you want to draft a QB because QB-X is going to be there!

Its the same thing every year......

I don't recall anyone saying this was a great year for QBs... actually it was said often that this was a down year for them and 2018 is the real QB draft. By just about everyone.

Quiet you. It's all about the extra picks we can use on defensive backs.

I am not against the White pick. It makes sense to me once you have decided to trade back but the constant punting of drafting QBs high when we don't have one is just ridiculous. This time last year it was "wait for Watson he'll be great" now it is "wait for Darnold he'll be great" and by next year it will be wait for someone else and so on and so on and so on followed by "but Tyrod is the 20th best in the league" as though that means anything. Someone wake them up.

I am not against the White pick. It makes sense to me once you have decided to trade back but the constant punting of drafting QBs high when we don't have one is just ridiculous. This time last year it was "wait for Watson he'll be great" now it is "wait for Darnold he'll be great" and by next year it will be wait for someone else and so on and so on and so on followed by "but Tyrod is the 20th best in the league" as though that means anything. Someone wake them up.

:death:

As of now, I'd say that Darnild, Rosen, Allen all look to have a legitimate shot at being pretty good NFL QBs. I'd say Falk too. And Raymond looks like a wild card.

A lot can change in a year though. We will just have to wait and see I guess... But as of now it looks like a strong class. Let's hope it stays that way as next season plays out.

rd 1, pick 1 no matter the team

Yeah, if he keeps improving at the same rate, we have no chance. And that's the best guess as to what will happen.

We'll get somebody, though, maybe even start a pick ladder where we pick with the best of the two and trade back from the second getting another third or fourth and a first the next year.

I don't recall anyone saying this was a great year for QBs... actually it was said often that this was a down year for them and 2018 is the real QB draft. By just about everyone.

No, that really wasn't said much till after the season. Before the season it was business as usual with the 2017 guys like Kaaya and the rest being probably a good class.

Well here is what Waltersfootball has

23. Buffalo Bills: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville

2017 NFL Draft Pick: Tre'Davious White, CB

If Deshaun Watson can go in the first round, Lamar Jackson can as well. The Bills might be looking for a quarterback if they decide to part ways with Tyrod Taylor after this season.

Edited by MAJBobby

Lol, now we are making up scenarios that didn't happen?

You don't think the Browns were trying to get up for Trubisky? I can assure you they were. I said for 2 days they might need to get to 2 and obviously someone else was trying to which is why Chicago paid such a high price to go up 1 spot.