RD 1, Pick 27: Tre'Davious White (CB) - LSU

SDS

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foster has medical issues with his shoulders and why he was there. Just imagine the Bills taking him and then he needs surgery and he's out for 8 weeks.

Also White is a great pick. He's going to be a great player just like Peterson in AZ.

The Bills have him for 5 years and can tag him for a 6th.

Love the pick. Gilmore didn't want to be in Buffalo and it seemed like he quit a lot on the team, not to mention he was a weak tackler.

i think it's mainly the medical. But the fact he's already in the drug program, and had drug issues in college... the Bills have enough of both of those issues, don't need more.

I really don't get the whole 'I'm pissed they took a CB after letting Gilmore go'. WTF did you think they would do, ignore the position because it was now a glaring hole (and instead draft a TE at #10 when we already have an $8M/yr guy at that position)?

They got a CB for much cheaper than Lattimore and they got the two extra picks.

Seems like the Bills got a solid pick with this guy AND also by trading down, getting set up to possibly pick a QB in next years draft, which by all accounts appears to have a MUCH higher QB class.

So, I am fine with the pick, let's see what this new staff has to offer us.

Foster has medical issues with his shoulders and why he was there. Just imagine the Bills taking him and then he needs surgery and he's out for 8 weeks. {/B]

Also White is a great pick. He's going to be a great player just like Peterson in AZ.

Love the pick. Gilmore didn't want to be in Buffalo and it seemed like he quit a lot on the team, not to mention he was a weak tackler.

I don't think we have to imagine, more like "remember". Ugh. Hey! But now it's over!

Foster has medical issues with his shoulders and why he was there. Just imagine the Bills taking him and then he needs surgery and he's out for 8 weeks.

never was a gilmore fan, soft and injury prone. but to pass on foster, very questionable even with the issues

NO WRs worth the pick at that point there were 3 top 50 wr

So it comes down to RT vs CB

We lost our starting cb

Also had the best rush offesnse with the same oline (with a running qb throws off importance)

If Corey Davis was there at 10 I could have seen that if not trade down and her bpa. We needed a corner today or tomorrow so take the best of your needs

Sounds like a solid pick. A versatile player with length and special teams skills that can Be a solid starter for the Bills for many years.

It's not flashy, but neither was Ronald Darby who was torn to pieces on this board when we took him.

I'm going to give McD the benefit of the doubt until I have a reason not to.

Love the fact that we got a number 3 this year and another first next year. That's the bigger story in a draft class that will have better QB options after a year when we'll know more about TT and whether he is the long term answer or not.

A lot of ppl liked Darby and got that cb was a need.

The new question is do we extend Darby next offseason or is white groomed to be his replacement

And clements

We're going back to Clements now?

So in the last 16 years we've drafted 9 players in the early rounds who represent roughly 30-45% of the defense that's on the field at any given time.

OK, that's cool. Is that really an issue? I imagine most teams have drafted that many defensive backs. All teams need to draft a ton of defensive backs.

Edited by Hurricane Marv

The new question is do we extend Darby next offseason or is white groomed to be his replacement

Darby is going to NE of course and we will draft another 1st round CB. FML all these years BillfromNYC was right. I apologize for arguing Bill, you were and are correct

50% of the NFL has character issues

Need character guys instead of ballers. I guess we'll see how that goes.

God I hope McD isn't another Jauron...

It's so hard to get talented players, it's not smart to take yourself out of the running of many of them if it is small issues. Domestic abuse, ok remove them. Smoking some bud and getting mad and yelling at a nurse, c'mon.

Some of us are just tired of the carousel, using a high draft pick on a DB, not paying him, then having to replace him. Meanwhile RT has sucked for 20 years, we haven't had 2 good WRs in 15 years, Clay is the best TE we've had in 30 years and he's nothing special and oh yeah, we still don't have a QB. We keep flushing draft picks on DBs and linebackers, letting the good ones walk and keep the same holes on the roster over and over.

Every position is a carousel. DB just has a shorter cycle. QB will hopefully give you 12-15 years. You pay them because you need them, because it's a passing league and they are hard to replace. DB is easier to replace and you just have to keep doing it.

I really don't get the whole 'I'm pissed they took a CB after letting Gilmore go'. WTF did you think they would do, ignore the position because it was now a glaring hole (and instead draft a TE at #10 when we already have an $8M/yr guy at that position)?

They got a CB for much cheaper than Lattimore and they got the two extra picks.

I'm not upset simply that they took a CB after letting Gilmore go. I'm upset that it was obvious we were headed this way since before Rex Ryan was even hired.
The franchise has a nasty habit of cyclical drafting and we don't seem to have a long term plan.
Whaley drafted Gilmore, decided not to re-sign him, but then waited until after he didn't re-sign him to draft his replacement. I'm not sure what the plan was with that exactly. Waste a top 10 pick on Gilmore and go all-in with that for four years? What was the point - there's still no resolution at QB? It's a waste. It's all been a waste. It shows no foresight and don't tell me I haven't been saying this since the Winfield > Clements > Greer carousel started.
This franchise has overvalued CB and RB in the draft and has suffered tremendously for nearly 20 years because they haven't had a consistent plan. If Tyrod Taylor really is the plan, then call me in three years and let's talk about how many playoff games we've won.
Andy Reid could have been wrong about Mahomes, I don't know... I didn't follow the draft as closely this year, but if he's right it will just be another classic Bills draft hilarity.
Bottom line, I'm happy with the value the team got because they passed on Lattimore and got this guy and the extra picks...but they put themselves in this position and this GM is the one who got us here. A CB didn't NEED to be the guy if we had a plan years ago.

Can't speak for this board, but bbmb blew up when Darby was picked. And not in a good way.

I like the pick. He's smiling and seems genuinely excited to be a member of this team...unlike another corner we drafted a couple years ago. That traitor walked onto the stage and looked miserable. Glad to have ya onboard Tre!