2 Round WWP51DO? Mock Draft

P51

This is what I would potentially do if I were the GM of every team in the NFL draft, enjoy ripping it apart!!

Includes my grades, some reasoning behind the picks and trades, usually I do this for fun a while before the draft, but its all I had time for this year.

2017 NFL Mock

WWP51DO?

1 – Cleveland – Myles Garrett (43DE – Texas A & M)

The combine performance Garrett put on showed his remarkable athleticism, his tape shows room for improvement, he has the highest ceiling in the draft. If he puts it all together, HoF potential. Soloman Thomas is extremely enticing to me, but Garrett’s ceiling is higher helping cement him as the pick.

Grade: Top 5

*Trade* San Francisco trades the 2nd pick to Cleveland for the 12th, 33rd, 52nd, 108th, and the 145th in 2017 and the Browns lowest 2018 2nd round pick.

As the 49ers I want to trade down and accumulate more picks to build with, as the Browns I want my franchise QB now (actually my Owner does and I am just compromising with him to keep coach Hue from leaving) and don’t want to play wait and see. So as the Browns I make the same pitch to the 49ers that I make to the Bears while im on the clock at pick 1, if the 49ers take Mitchell, no deal with the Bears who are willing to deal, if the 49ers want a package that values closer to pick 3 it is all theirs, as the 49ers I will take a slightly reduced value to add two second rounders, a fourth and fifth in this deep draft, while also netting an extra 2nd next year makes it worth taking slightly less than face value to move down.

2 – Cleveland (via. San Francisco) – Mitchell Trubisky (QB – U.N.C)

Mr. Biscuit is coming home in hopes of reviving the Browns like LeBron did with the Cavaliers. Trubisky is my #1 QB for Cleveland and I am not messing around in the 2017 or 2018 drafts after trading away Carson Wentz last year, the future is now and since I have the capital to make it happen, it happens. I am coming out of this draft with the #1 player on the board and my #1 QB.

Grade: 2nd Round

3 – Chicago – Malik Hooker (FS – O.S.U.)

Hooker is a game changer in the secondary and can effectively cut off the deep field as a SHS by himself, while allowing the rest of the coverage defenders to compress the field in front of Hooker and play a more aggressive style of coverage. Hooker has elite level instincts, read and react, and ball skills, Hooker will enter the NFL with truly rare coverage skills and that is what I want in this secondary on this team and aside from trading down, that’s what I would do at 3. Pressuring the QB and WR’s is a must in this division, and Hooker allows my defense to do that, while providing A+ turnover potential in the back end.

4 – Jacksonville – Leonard Fournette (RB – L.S.U.)

Its as simple as this; Fournette provides balance to the offense and directly helps defense stay off the field as well, a win/win. Whether it be Bortles as QB this year and into the future or a new QB in 2018, either way Fournette takes the pressure off and helps their development. Fournette has been a special talent his whole life and will enter the NFL as a rare physical talent.

5 – Tennessee (via. L.A. Rams) – Jamal Adams (SS/FS – L.S.U.)

Adams can play both FS and SS, but his impact in my opinion will be the greatest at SS playing in the box. Da’Norris Searcy is a nice player, but Adams and Lebeau is a match made in heaven.

6 – New York Jets – Marshon Lattimore (CB – O.S.U.)

Getting medical clearance on the hamstrings is key for me with Lattimore who I have as the best pure cover corner to come into the draft since Patrick Peterson in 2011. Lattimore’s ability to mirror, CoD skills, fluidity and ability to stay in the WR’s hip pocket is truly special as is balance and footwork while mirroring in coverage. A true island boy in coverage at corner and worth of a top 5 pick.

*Trade* L.A. Chargers trade the 7th and 113th picks to San Francisco for the 12th and 52nd picks in the 2017 NFL draft.

As the Chargers I want a high end safety and the two my targets are gone and I don’t see the positional value to fill a need either, so I look to trade down and find a good partner in the 49ers who can add one of the 2 guys I would have taken at 2 if forced to make a pick. As the 49ers I work the board, get a target I had with the 2nd pick at the 7th pick while still adding picks 33, 108, 113, 145 and a 2018 2nd rounder.

7 – San Francisco (via. L.A. Chargers) – Soloman Thomas (DE – Stanford)

Thomas was a real possibility at 2 and I still get him while adding five more draft picks. Boom, “winning”.

8 – Carolina – Christian McCaffrey (RB/WR/Ret – Stanford)

Dalvin Cook is who I want to take here as I believe he is more of a work horse RB 1 than McCaffery, but off the field issues and a potential shoulder issue leads me to McCaffery who can be used in a variety of ways and provide an excellent option in the passing game for Cam.

Grade: Top 20

9 – Cincinnati – Reuben Foster (LB – Alabama)

Wanting to trade down only so far and still land a difference maker to fuel a quick turnaround just does not materialize and Foster in my opinion is a top 5 talent on the field with room to grow in coverage. Despite having legit concussion and shoulder concerns to go along with a dilution issue, the talent is too much to pass on for me.

*Trade* Buffalo trades the 10th and a 2018 5th round pick to Houston for the 25th, 57th and 130th picks in the 2017 draft and Houston’s 2018 1st Round pick.

As the Bills I want to trade back a little and add a day 2 pick if possible while landing one of several players I like and nothing materializes, but talks with Houston heat up with L.A. trading back in front of Arizona and a QB of the future being real possibility at 12 and 13, not to mention New Orleans at 11 and I need to address the QB situation ASAP, Savage, injuries, a losing record and job security becomes an issue and the clock is ticking on the defense being dominate so I make a move toward the near future and land my QB of the future in this draft. Buffalo gets another 2nd round pick this and next years 1st from the Texans, making this trade worth moving down 15 spots.

10 – Houston (via. Buffalo) – Deshaun Watson (QB – Clemson)

Watson is has all the intangibles and the desire and work ethic to improve under coach O’Brien and as the GM of the Texans with this roster, I am going all in before the window closes on this roster and making my move now with a proven winner.

*Trade* New Orleans trades the 11th, 103rd and 196th picks to Washington for the 17th and 49th picks in the 2017 draft. As the GM of New Orleans I am not in love with my board and have 10 players I could take here, one of them will be available at 17. As the GM of the Redskins my defensive front is smoke and mirrors at best and being able to move up and land Allen at a reasonable price is priceless.

11 – Washington (via. New Orleans) – Jonathan Allen (43DT/34DE – Alabama)(MedRF – Shoulder Arthritis/Med Clearance)

The Redskins have to get better upfront defensively, it’s other trash and future street walkers bad. Allen is a huge upgrade and a top 5 talent with some medical issues, that I get cleared and make the deal, grabbing the Chargers potential trade down target.

Grade: Top 10

12 – L.A. Chargers (via. San Francisco, via. Cleveland) – Corey Davis (WR – W. Michigan)(MedRF – Ankle & Shoulder)

The Redskins moved up and grabbed my #1 trade down target, so I grab my #2 target. Keenan Allen is a great player when healthy, which was 2 years ago and his injury history is truly history now, and just can not be trusted to be WR1 for a significant amount of time. Davis can be WR1 or WR2, either way I can not fail Phillip Rivers any longer on the field by not giving him weapons or support, he turned Tyrell Williams into a quality #2, Davis could be an All-Pro with Rivers throwing to him and the offense gets significantly more dangerous.

13 – Arizona – Patrick Mahomes (QB – Texas Tech)

Mahomes arm talent is clearly special as his ability to create and finish plays outside the pocket. He has shown the ability to win from the pocket as well and has developed as a passer throughout his college career with the highest ceiling of any QB in this draft. The future is now for Arizona.

14 – Philadelphia (via. Minnesota) – Dalvin Cook (RB – FSU)(RF – Off Field, MedRF – Shoulder)

I am delighted to surround Carson Wentz with a weapon of Cook’s ability, a top 10 talent who drops into my lap due to some character concerns, but I have faith the organization can manage the situation.

15 – Indianapolis – Hasson Reddick (43/34 WOLB/DPR – Temple)

As the GM of the Colts continuing to improve the defense is a must and the pass rush is average at best despite adding some nice role/depth players at OLB, Reddick’s ability to rush the passer and drop into coverage is a huge addition and the card is turned in quickly.

*Trade*

Baltimore trades the 16th, 122nd and 159th picks to the N.Y. Giants for the 23rd and 55th picks in the 2017 Draft. As the GM of Baltimore I see value in the 2nd round that matches up with my needs and moving down slightly to get it works for me.

16 – N.Y. Giants (via. Baltimore) – O.J. Howard (TE – Alabama)

How is Howard still on the board? I DON’T CARE, got Ozzie Newsome on the phone and BOOM, helped out Eli and the offense with a steal of a pick at 16, gave up a 2nd, but got a 4th and 5th back.

17 – New Orleans (via. Washington) – Derek Barnett (43DE/34OLB – Tennessee)

Moved down and got my target at 11, #winning…

18 – Tennessee – Mike Williams (WR – Clemson)(MedRF – Neck – Med Clearance)

Defensive play maker at 5, #1 WR at 18, easy as pie… Want John Ross but not comfortable with his medical.

19 – Tampa Bay – Charles Harris (43RRDE/34OLB/DPR)

I need a pass rusher and Harris is the highest rated one on my board without a medical concern, Buddha Baker is hard to resist and I wish Dalvin Cook slid down, but Harris it is.

Grade: 1st Round

20 – Denver – Ryan Ramczyk (LT – Wisconsin)(MedRF – Labrum/Hip – Med Clearance)

The value meets the need on my board, easy pick despite the medical concern, especially with Stephenson and Watson atop the depth chart at the moment. Ramczyk starts day 1 at RT at worst and is the in-season/long-term LT.

21 – Detroit – Takkarist McKinley (34OLB/43DE/DPR – UCLA)(MedRF – Shoulder – Med Clearance)

The pass rush aside from Ziggy Ansah is near non-existent and it costs us games last year, Tak might be a DPR for a while, but that is all we need from him for the time being and he’s a good one.

*Trade*

Miami trades the 22nd and 178th picks in the draft to San Francisco for the 34thand 66th picks in the 2017 draft. I am not in love with my board as the GM of the Dolphins and as the GM of the 49ers I want to continue to add big time talent while working the board.

22 – San Francisco (via. Miami) – David Njoku (RTE – The “U”)

Adding a potential match up nightmare for my unknown QB of the future is a big need for me and Njoku will help this unknown QB, especially after a little seasoning.

23 – Baltimore (via. N.Y. Giants) – T.J. Watt (34OLB/43W OLB – Wisconsin)

Trading down and one of 3 targets I had at 16 while adding a 2nd round pick is fine by me.

24 – Oakland – Jarrod Davis (43/34 ILB – Florida)

This defense needs help at LB and Davis’s value meets the need, also adds some identity to the D.

Grade: 1st Round.

25 – Buffalo (via. Houston) – John Ross (WR – Washington)(MedRF – Knee2ACL – Med Clearance)

Ross was in consideration had I stayed at 10, and while the knee’s concern me, I get an ok from the doctors and add the most explosive player in the draft to complement Sammy Watkins and a movable chess piece for my offensive coordinator to help keep putting points on the board and back off opposing secondaries.

26 – Seattle – Forrest Lamp (G/T – W. Kentucky)

A steal at the 26th pick and instantly my best offensive lineman and Lamp is probably the only starting caliber offensive lineman on the roster at this time. Guard, tackle, it doesn’t matter, protecting Wilson does in any way shape or form.

27 – Kansas City – Marlon Humphrey (Z/PM CB/S – Alabama)

I tried to trade down, but the values were not there and Humphrey’s value is too good at this point.

28 – Dallas – Tre’Davious White (PM/OM/Ret CB – L.S.U.)

The secondary in Dallas at CB1&2 is simply horrendous and I am taking the top player on my board at corner who is not being investigated right or wrong by the police at this time. White is pro ready at CB with return skills to help in the punt return game if needed.

*Trade* Green Bay trades the 29th pick to San Francisco for the 33rd and 108th picks.

Green Bay wants to trade down with their board being decimated and the 49ers want to trade up and land a potential QB of the future.

29 – San Francisco (via. Green Bay) – Deshone Kizer (QB – Notre Dame)

It’s all about working the draft and getting the 5th year option, moving ahead of Pittsburgh figures in as well…

30 – Pittsburgh – Evan Engram (RTE – Ole Miss)

I was already writing Kizer’s name down on the card when the call came that the 9ers were moving ahead of us, so instead of Big Ben’s future replacement, I get him a true RTE option for the home stretch run of his career. No pass rushers of value schematically at this spot is also a drag.

31 – Atlanta – Jordan Jordan Willis (DE – Kansas St.)

Whereas the Steelers didn’t have a schematic value fit, the Falcons do and Willis will help create pressure at LDE opposite Vic Beasley on passing downs.

32 – New Orleans (via. New England) – Budda Baker (FS/CB/Sub – Washington)

I cannot pass on Baker here, I wrote it down on a napkin at lunch one day, the value is too good, the defense is too bad and just needs guys who can play. Having 2 second round picks to address other defensive needs makes this a steal of a pick.

2nd Round

33.) – Green Bay (via. San Francisco, via. Cleveland) – Alvin Kamara (RB – Tennessee)

34.) – Miami (via. San Francisco) – Malik McDowell (43DT/DE/34 5DE – Michigan St.)(RF – Heart4FB?)

35.) – Jacksonville – Cam Robinson (RT/G/LT – Alabama)(RF – Off Field)

36.) – Chicago – Garett Bolles (LT – Utah)(RF – Age/History)

37.) – L.A. Rams – Chris Goodwin (WR – Penn. St.)

38.) – L.A. Chargers – Marcus Williams (FS – Utah)

39.) – N.Y. Jets – Obi Melifonwu (S – U. Conn.)

40.) – Carolina – Josh Jones (SS/FS – N.C. St.)

41.) – Cincinnati – Taco Charlton (DE – Michigan)

*Evidence in the Gonley case starts coming to light Friday and it’s in Conley’s favor.*

42.) – New Orleans – Gareon Conley (PM/OM/Z CB – O.S.U.)

43.) – Philadelphia – Adoree’ Jackson (Z/OM CB/Ret – USC)

44.) – Buffalo – Tyus Bowser (34OLB/43W OLB/43DE/DPR – Houston)

45.) – Arizona – Zay Jones (WR – E. Carolina)

46.) – Indianapolis – Jabrill Peppers (SS/RB/Ret – Michigan)(RF – Drug?)

47.) – Baltimore – Chidobe Awuzie (OM/Z CB/Sub – Colorado)

48.) – Minnesota – Marcus Maye (SS – Florida)

49.) – New Orleans (via. Washington) – Curtis Samuel (WR/RB/Gadget – O.S.U.)

50.) – Tampa Bay – Sidney Jones (CB – Washington)

51.) – Denver – Quincy Wilson (Z/PM CB/S – Florida)

52.) – L.A. Chargers (via. San Fran, via. Cleveland, via. Tennessee) – Davis Webb (QB – Cal.)

Grade: 3rd Round

53.) – Detroit – Zach Cunningham (43W OLB/34W ILB – Vanderbilt)

54.) – Miami – Dion Dawkins (G – Temple)

55.) – Baltimore (via. N.Y. Giants) – JuJu Smith-Schuster (WR – U.S.C.)

56.) – Oakland – Kevin King (CB – Washington)

57.) – Buffalo (via. Houston) – Adam Shaheen (TE – Ashland)

58.) – Seattle – Rasul Douglas (Z/PM CB – W.V.U.)

59.) – Kansas City – Dalvin Thomlinson (DT – Alabama)

60.) – Dallas – Derek Rivers (DE/OLB/DPR – Youngstown St.)

61.) – Green Bay – Tim Williams (DPR – Alabama)

62.) – Pittsburgh – Cordrea Tankersley (PM/OM CB – Clemson)

63.) – Atlanta – Talyor Moton (T/G – Western Michigan)

64.) – Carolina (via. New England) – Demarcus Walker (DE – F.S.U.)

Ross Bowser Shaheen, eh?

Just hope Ross doesn't come down with Goodwinitis. Or TJGrahamitis - even worse.

That's the way the cookie crumbled, WR, WLB/DPR, TE in the first 2 rounds, and a extra 2018 1st.

Edit: Ross is actually a football player.

Edited by P51

Not a fan

Of what part(s)?

get your bucket ready

I think this might not be a popular mock or real draft myself for most Bills fans....

all that wheelin' and dealin' and that's what you came up with? No thanks.

Positions? Players? What don't you like or what would you have done?

That's the way the cookie crumbled, WR, WLB/DPR, TE in the first 2 rounds, and a extra 2018 1st.

....certainly like the trade down package but not a WR in the 1st.....Zay Jones in the 2nd perhaps.........maybe Lamp at 25 if Kujo is a big question mark.............

....certainly like the trade down package but not a WR in the 1st.....Zay Jones in the 2nd perhaps.........maybe Lamp at 25 if Kujo is a big question mark.............

Lamp is in my top 15 players, he was a thought at right tackle at pick 25. I'd buy Lamp at 25 though. Ross and Watkins force 2 deep safeties and dictate coverage opening up a lot for the whole offense.... Leroi said he's in play at 10, getting him at 25 could be quite a coup I would think.

Lamp is in my top 15 players, he was a thought at right tackle at pick 25. I'd buy Lamp at 25 though. Ross and Watkins force 2 deep safeties and dictate coverage opening up a lot for the whole offense.... Leroi said he's in play at 10, getting him at 25 could be quite a coup I would think.

I don't see Watson going anywhere near the top half of 1st round so I don't see why houston would feel motivated to trade up 15 spots.

....LOL...."Lamp" already signed an endorsement deal with "Lamps Plus"....go figure...........

Boy do you overvalue what a draft pick will get in return.

Which pick?

Isn't Lamp projected to move to guard in the NFL due to frame concerns? How would he help at RT?

He held his own at LT in college including against everything Alabama threw at him, I think Tackle in the NFL is a real possibility for him, guard he should be able to handle regardless, arm length seems to be the biggest concern.

Isn't Lamp projected to move to guard in the NFL due to frame concerns? How would he help at RT?

Bottom Line-6.2 grade (highest OL)

Four-year starter at left tackle whose lack of length will likely force him inside on the next level. He has the athleticism to handle athletic interior rushers while being able to fit into diverse rushing attacks that ask more from the guards and centers. His ability to potentially line up at tackle, guard or center will only increase his value. Lamp's 2016 performance against Alabama's talented edge players was a resume-builder that shined a spotlight on his potential as a pro.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I'd love to get that much in a trade back scenario! But the players would be a total dud. We need a WR and S. I like the safety from Washington in round 2 and whoever is left at WR from the top guys, maybe the guy from Penn State

Baker and Goodwin were both gone before the Bills picked in the 2nd round... Who would you take in the 1st? Baker, the safety from Washington? If Ross's medical is a concern I'd take either Baker or Goodwin at 25 myself potentially.

Baker and Goodwin were both gone before the Bills picked in the 2nd round... Who would you take in the 1st? Baker, the safety from Washington? If Ross's medical is a concern I'd take either Baker or Goodwin at 25 myself potentially.

If we stayed at 10 I think Malik Hooker could fall to us. Otherwise I like whoever they have higher between Davis or Williams at WR. If they trade back I think one of those WR's will still be there so if they think they are pretty close talent wise then trade back. It really depends on how it plays out and who comes off the board before they pick at 10 to see if it's worth trading back

mocks with trades make zero sense, it's just a fantasy world. In my mock I'd trade back 3x, pick up a 1st next year and 3 more 2s, then draft half the players I like with no regard for whether they would realistically be on the board at that time anyway.

Thanks for the insight... "Cool story bro"

Don't mind the trade down

But I might go Bolles, Z Jones and Tim Williams

Look for CB in rd 3

Fair enough, Bolles like Lamp was a thought at 25, just had a higher value on Ross, I think CB in 3 is highly likely myself. I think Zay goes before 44, if not I'd love him at that spot if they go elsewhere in round 1. Williams doesn't seem like a McDermott guy, but as a DPR it makes sense value wise, a better combine would have helped his stock.

Thanks for the insight... "Cool story bro"

Fair enough, Bolles like Lamp was a thought at 25, just had a higher value on Ross, I think CB in 3 is highly likely myself. I think Zay goes before 44, if not I'd love him at that spot if they go elsewhere in round 1. Williams doesn't seem like a McDermott guy, but as a DPR it makes sense value wise, a better combine would have helped his stock.

Pretty sure the visited or had a workout with Williams.

If we stayed at 10 I think Malik Hooker could fall to us. Otherwise I like whoever they have higher between Davis or Williams at WR. If they trade back I think one of those WR's will still be there so if they think they are pretty close talent wise then trade back. It really depends on how it plays out and who comes off the board before they pick at 10 to see if it's worth trading back

I would love Hooker at 10, if they were to pass on him there it would be a mistake IMO. I'd take Davis at 10 and not look back, adding draft pick depth and a future 1st was really the only reason I trade back in this scenario, I also think Ross is high on their board and a trade back fall back pick, if Williams or Davis was there it would be a no brainner. Lots of holes and lots of quality depth in this draft, but I personally would trade back unless a top 5 guy falls, adding an extra second would be huge as I see it.

I just think the next Jarvis Landry is Ardarius Stewart. Love the way he plays the game.

Quincy Wilson CB would be great in McDs system same with Witherspoon CB from Colorado.

I also like Elijah McGuire RB from U LALA

Marquel Lee can play too but he may be a late 3rd 4th rd pick due to 4.7 speed

Just a few guys no one is talking about

Edited by 1WATKINS4

i'm not even go any farther than the 1st page. if i'm not stealing trubisky with a trade to the bears, i would stay put and take foster. if he is gone,i look to trade down. if we can't trade and foster is there.....oh fog it there's only 1 to 2 hours left.

Edited by billsredneck1

SF and Buff won't get that for their picks.

Why on Earth would Houston give up their first pick in 2018 in that deal?

I thought SF took bellow market value and Houston is a QB away from competing legitimately for a Super Bowl, the clock is ticking for OBrien IMO and that trade seems to be a fair market deal comparing what teams moving up that far have paid, they don't have the picks this year without trading away the entire draft and a pick next year,it's not a small jump.

I would love Hooker at 10, if they were to pass on him there it would be a mistake IMO. I'd take Davis at 10 and not look back, adding draft pick depth and a future 1st was really the only reason I trade back in this scenario, I also think Ross is high on their board and a trade back fall back pick, if Williams or Davis was there it would be a no brainner. Lots of holes and lots of quality depth in this draft, but I personally would trade back unless a top 5 guy falls, adding an extra second would be huge as I see it.

Not a big fan of Hooker. Yeah he plays centerfield pretty well.

But he's not great against the run, withvthat being said he was a one year starter and got injured which required surgery. I'll take J Jones from NC State or S Williams from Utah later on

I just think the next Jarvis Landry is Ardarius Stewart. Love the way he plays the game.

Quincy Wilson CB would be great in McDs system same with Witherspoon CB from Colorado.

I also like Elijah McGuire RB from U LALA

Marquel Lee can play too but he may be a late 3rd 4th rd pick due to 4.7 speed

Just a few guys no one is talking about

I like Stewart in the 3rd, Quincy in the 2nd but don't think he'll be there, I like Witherspoon but his run support is none existent so I dont think he fits, McGuire and Lee are guys I like in day 3 as possibilities... Good stuff, like the players especially Wilsons fit.

i'm not even go any farther than the 1st page. if i'm not stealing trubisky with a trade to the bears, i would stay put and take foster. if he is gone,i look to trade down. if we can't trade and foster is there.....oh fog it there's only 1 to 2 hours left.

? Isn't that kind of what happened??? Foster gone, Tru gone, traded back...

Not a big fan of Hooker. Yeah he plays centerfield pretty well.

But he's not great against the run, withvthat being said he was a one year starter and got injured which required surgery. I'll take J Jones from NC State or S Williams from Utah later on

I love Williams myself, talk about under rated... Hooker IMO is a game wrecker defensively, not strong in run support but aweful, lots of room for improvement.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.