Ironic About Coach McDermott

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drugs are bad.

I mean I watch almost every Mets even when they're bad and have the weekday season ticket plan.

I too watch nearly every Mets game, whether they are good or bad matters little. Same w Bills I watch every min of every game.

Baseball viewership is strong as always.

I think the poster was being sarcastic. I think.

Edited by cba fan

This is like the Dolphins game last year, some people are convinced that the most important player on defense is the QB.

Taking away all the other arguments we've had about Tyrod that last Miami game was very impressive. And it was the last game of just his 2nd year as a starter. That alone makes me happy we kept him. I'm hoping he can play like that more consistently. Most QBs drafted never have a game that good in their whole career.

I must have missed the part where the OP identifies a QB talent the likes of Cam Newton in this draft. Contrarians abound...

We have TT, who can run just like Newton. Who needs to throw when you can run...

A spoon when all you need is a knife? Oh wait, that's Ragland.

:lol: Outstanding!

Taking away all the other arguments we've had about Tyrod that last Miami game was very impressive. And it was the last game of just his 2nd year as a starter. That alone makes me happy we kept him. I'm hoping he can play like that more consistently. Most QBs drafted never have a game that good in their whole career.

I'm happy we kept this guy because of the play he made at the end of the season too...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261119034

I think the post simply stated that McDermott would never have been on the radar to get a head coaching job if a set of circumstances hadn't allowed Carolina to draft Cam Newton. So it was a star QB that made his promotion possible.

Now that he got his promotion the OP is saying, "Sean! Rememeber how you got here. Get a QB."

Exactly how I took it.

Even Fitz had a few good games, many backup QBs do. Even after Fitz had a few teams with more talent he still failed. Truth is he still isn't good enough and that's how I see Tyrod, sadly I see no different, I hope I'm wrong but history tends to repeat itself especially when it is using another teams late round backup QB just like Fitz was. Wishing for a mircle season, same old Bills.

Even Fitz had a few good games, many backup QBs do. Even after Fitz had a few teams with more talent he still failed. Truth is he still isn't good enough and that's how I see Tyrod, sadly I see no different, I hope I'm wrong but history tends to repeat itself especially when it is using another teams late round backup QB just like Fitz was. Wishing for a mircle season, same old Bills.

have you started to annoy yourself yet?

He will probably role with the current QB room and say he can make it work with them and that

1.) Scheme

2.) Heart

3.) Character

Will be the keys to victory.

But I find it interesting that the only reason McDermott is a Head Coach in the Nfl is NOT because of Scheme, Heart, Character but

1.) The Panthers went 1-15

2.) Ryan Fitzpatrick got hot.

Let's just say I don't see Coach McDermott would be on the radar with Jimmy Clausen running the show in Carolina.

You would hope Coach McDermott would be different and realize this...but it sounds like it is trending in the other direction.

There is that great preview for GOT. With all the faces of characters who have died. Feel we have one similar in Buffalo for coaches who believed in Scheme, Character and Heart over the important things.

So, the only reason a DC got a HC job was because of a QB his team drafted? Is that what you are trying to say? Um...OK...sure.

Edited by Mark80

I'm happy we kept this guy because of the play he made at the end of the season too...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261119034

1) That was Losman's 3rd year as starter.

2) That was only the 10th game of the season.

3) Losman had a good year and deserved the following season. Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean you ignore good games from every other QB for the rest of time. That's like saying just because Jamarcus Russell was a bust no team should ever take a QB with the #1 pick.

This was a bizarre point you tried to make.

We have TT, who can run just like Newton. Who needs to throw when you can run...

I'm not suggesting TT's the answer. I am suggesting over drafting a QB high in the first round, which seemed to be what the OP is advocating, when the available talent may not justify it only compounds the problem.

I'm not suggesting TT's the answer. I am suggesting over drafting a QB high in the first round, which seemed to be what the OP is advocating, when the available talent may not justify it only compounds the problem.

I was messing around (sarcasm).

We are in a bad spot; not bad enough to get the top ones and no team will trade out of #1 when a Luck is there. It is a gamble, but if you feel good enough about someone, you have to pull the trigger. This is a position that is highly over-scouted and difficult to project success, no sure things. QBs are pushed way up the board all the time. Sometimes you do get lucky with a 2-4th rounder, but that is the exception to the rule.

At the end of the day a top rated, CB, LB, WR, OL,DE/DT will only go as far as your QB takes - see Houston, KC. Indy is an exception since their GM was just awful...

1) That was Losman's 3rd year as starter.

2) That was only the 10th game of the season.

3) Losman had a good year and deserved the following season. Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean you ignore good games from every other QB for the rest of time. That's like saying just because Jamarcus Russell was a bust no team should ever take a QB with the #1 pick.

This was a bizarre point you tried to make.

TT is 27 and he did play well that game; it is only one game. I know many say he has only been starting for 2 years, but he has been in the league long enough to have some development - year 1 and 2 are not that much different in terms of his limitations. I went into last season hopeful with him, but he has not just progressed and overcome the issues he had in year one - it's just not good enough and very unlikely that he will all of a sudden blossom this year and those limitations are gone. At best he will not lose you games, but won't win you any. You will have 10-6 maybe 11-5 record and out very quickly in the playoffs - see KC.

JP did not deserve the following season; his warts were out there for all to see as well. The only point I was trying to make is based on your comment on one-game you are ready to give him another year; JP had a good game once too and sucked the rest of the season.