Uber and the Bills

From an email....

Bills Fans Uber is Coming to Buffalo!

As part of Ubers expansion to Upstate New York, we are excited to announce Uber as the Official Rideshare Partner of the Buffalo Bills. We will work together to ensure fans have a safe, reliable, and affordable way to get to and from Bills games and to reduce traffic congestion and impaired driving.

Plus, for a more efficient and seamless experience on game days, were adding a dedicated Uber Pickup and Drop-Off Zone near New Era Field for riders and drivers.

Stay tuned for more information on Uber at New Era Field: your newest gameday ride! Coming Summer/Fall 2017!

Drop off is a piece of cake. Pick up at a recent Atlanta Braves game was a mess. The first night they tried giving you a special PIN # that you'd give your driver so you could just get in the next available car, like a taxi line. That lasted one night. By day 2 my driver called me and said she was in a white Ford Fusion, which I knew, and she was waving an American flag. I had to walk the line of 100 +/- cars to find her. Not so smooth, but I got home.

I fully expect they will work out the kinks and it will be an awesome way to get to and from the games, safely and easily.

Drop off is a piece of cake. Pick up at a recent Atlanta Braves game was a mess. The first night they tried giving you a special PIN # that you'd give your driver so you could just get in the next available car, like a taxi line. That lasted one night. By day 2 my driver called me and said she was in a white Ford Fusion, which I knew, and she was waving an American flag. I had to walk the line of 100 +/- cars to find her. Not so smooth, but I got home.

I fully expect they will work out the kinks and it will be an awesome way to get to and from the games, safely and easily.

After events in DC, I just walk a few blocks until the crowds have died down and then order an Uber. That usually makes it a little bit easier. Granted in DC, there are a lot of Uber drivers and cabs, so that might help.

Yup. Just used it at the final four in AZ. Drop off no issue; pick up and associated surge pricing a nightmare even at a stadium that had designed areas for Uber. Will be a complete snarl at the Ralph given the limited pick up locations and volume of people trying to get out of the area.

How are the Bills going to "assure" affordable fares? How will this not be surge pricing? I can't imagine anything else in Buffalo qualifying for surge pricing.

They've been known to hold rates down for events before. Uber itself has even paid drivers surge while not charging customers surge to grow market share.

They've been known to hold rates down for events before. Uber itself has even paid drivers surge while not charging customers surge to grow market share.

Depending on how hard Buffalo pushed them you may be right, they have no surge zones, usually at airports and some stadiums depending on their agreements.

They offer the drivers "boosts" which is paid for by Uber and helps push drivers towards major events.

After events in DC, I just walk a few blocks until the crowds have died down and then order an Uber. That usually makes it a little bit easier. Granted in DC, there are a lot of Uber drivers and cabs, so that might help.

I learned my lesson. Next time I'll take the pedestrian walkway over 285 to the Galleria area where there are shops and bars, then get my ride. Atlanta is FULL of Uber drivers, and it seems strange that it's so late to WNY. Tough in a way that the stadium is in the middle of nowhere for pick up options, maybe?

Depending on how hard Buffalo pushed them you may be right, they have no surge zones, usually at airports and some stadiums depending on their agreements.

They offer the drivers "boosts" which is paid for by Uber and helps push drivers towards major events.

Atlanta does not allow Uber pick ups at the airport, so when you cheat the Uber driver may ask you to jump in the front seat like you are a friend or relative. :)

Just wait until you price surged! Definitely falls into the "be careful what you wish for" category. In San Fran, where these guys are from, they are practically defunct.

I knew the price before I got in. Surge pricing....gets almost to what a cab would cost. It cost me $6.95 to get home from a Braves game. I don't know what parking would have been. Well worth it.

Just wait until you price surged! Definitely falls into the "be careful what you wish for" category. In San Fran, where these guys are from, they are practically defunct.

Really I was there last year and had no issue? Lyft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't seen the surge pricing in Cbus, personally (yet)

With surge pricing in ATL it costs us about $50 to get to the airport. Return trip via taxi was about the same (or a few $ more). Next trip, non-surge via Uber was $28. Worth it for convenience and saved parking. (Thank you expense account.) But surge pricing is a factor.

Edited by Augie

With surge pricing in ATL it costs us about $50 to get to the airport. Return trip via taxi was about the same (or a few $ more). Next trip, non-surge via Uber was $28. Worth it for convenience and saved parking. (Thank you expense account.) But surge pricing ina factor.

i am someone who happily pays a little extra for convenience so it's all good

i am someone who happily pays a little extra for convenience so it's all good

No kidding! I am all over that! Dinner in Buckhead (20 minutes) with a little wine? Why take the chance (or pay for parking or valet) for less than $15 each way? Uber is my friend.

Edited by Augie