Bills decline to match Gillislee offer sheet

he was worth $2.76 million thats for sure. McDermott cannot be happy with Overdorf and Whaley for this gaffe. It worked with Groy, but we lost with TD Mike.

The only way to mitigate this poor management move is to hit on the patriots 5th round pick, which is now ours.

This is utterly wrong. We could find a fast backup RB off of someone else's scrap heap and we will be fine, we don't have exactly one pick to find his replacement. In fact this is the one thing Whaley excels at, finding contributors from other teams' scrap heaps. The run game is literally the least of our worries next year.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so you're saying he's going to lead the league in all those categories again next year??

Where did I say that? The point is that he did that and now the best coach in the NFL just poached him and made him their #1 back.

Edited by Turk71

There's a reason why Whaley makes the bottom tier of GMs on most people's lists.

For his drafting and cap management, not his handling of free agency. We have been very good at free agency since Whaley took over. He leaves other GM skills to be desired.

Where did I say that? The point is that he did that and now the best coach in the NFL just poached him and made him their #1 back.

Trying to understand how much you put into these stats since you have said the same thing over and over again without really saying what that means when you put him into a full time role.

He'll get 1000 yards for them. He was a very good player for us. His production is not that easily replaceable. he was important in an offense that is so run heavy.

They have 3 other backs, they tailor their offense to what the defense does week by week (some weeks Brady throws 50 times), and Gillislee has not shown he can take the kind of workload to get 100 yards, even if the Pats put that kind of workload on him. Which they won't

I have no doubt MG will be a useful addition for them, but to claim he'all run for over a 1000 is butt hurt hysteria.

For his drafting and cap management, not his handling of free agency. We have been very good at free agency since Whaley took over. He leaves other GM skills to be desired.

Has he really been very good at free agency though? Clays contract is pretty bad. McCoy didn't need a new contract but they gave him one anyways. He didn't find a suitable WR when the position is weak. Our best linebacker last year went to another team because he was only signed to a one year deal and they didn't re-up it. Sure he found some gems but I wouldn't call his work in FA "very good."

I would much rather our GM draft well and manage cap space well rather then know how to throw money at FAs until they run out of cap room.

Trying to understand how much you put into these stats since you have said the same thing over and over again without really saying what that means when you put him into a full time role.

Time will tell. Not trying to predict the future, just interpreting the past. Fact is, MG has been really good and NE is betting he will continue to be. Not that hard to understand.