Pegula shows Tim Murray and Dan Bylsma the door.

Guest NeckBeard

The Sabres have the young, franchise center. The Bills do not have the equivalent, a young franchise QB.

Right, but it's not like the Bills are empty of talent. They just have this collection of players, who collectively are good on paper, just like the Sabres do. TT isn't awesome, but he's serviceable, and even with a stud QB, what do the Bills do next year? Probably 9-7 is my guess. The Bills need a long term solution at the QB position. We agree on that point. Where we seem to have a strong difference of opinion is on where the organization should spend its capital, it seems.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

....good work!......wonder about Drury though......he did not re-sign with Sabres because is wife absolutely hated living in Buffalo, opting for Rangers & Big Apple....BUT....maybe things have changed.....just say no to Milbury & Nolan......Cunneyworth was a grinder but leave him in personnel..........Phil is an interesting prospect.............

I think Chris would jump at the chance to be GM, he's in charge of team USA now too

Guest NeckBeard

....good work!......wonder about Drury though......he did not re-sign with Sabres because is wife absolutely hated living in Buffalo, opting for Rangers & Big Apple....BUT....maybe things have changed.....just say no to Milbury & Nolan......Cunneyworth was a grinder but leave him in personnel..........Phil is an interesting prospect.............

I enjoy your stuff, friend, but why so many periods?

Sabres have not only been bad but boring. I think we have the pieces to dominate people with speed and skill.

Eichel, O'Reilly, Carrier, Baptiste, Nylander, Reinhart, Kane, Okposo, Bailey, etc

Agree on all, especially the 'boring' part. If you're gonna stink at least try to put on a show.

That arena is so stale and dry on gamenight, has been for the last 4-5 seasons. I certainly won't pay to go to a Sabres game until they're at least semi-entertaining. Hopefully the new guy(s) bring a better style with them.

I also think part of this is the NHL being a very watered down product, in general. At least the regular season is. Come playoff time, I can't get enough because everything is better- the officiating, the storylines, the rivalries. Would be nice to have the home-team in the tourney, because nothing is like the streets of Buffalo during a playoff run. At least I think that's how I remember it, ha.

Agree on all, especially the 'boring' part. If you're gonna stink at least try to put on a show.

That arena is so stale and dry on gamenight, has been for the last 4-5 seasons. I certainly won't pay to go to a Sabres game until they're at least semi-entertaining. Hopefully the new guy(s) bring a better style with them.

I also think part of this is the NHL being a very watered down product, in general. At least the regular season is. Come playoff time, I can't get enough because everything is better- the officiating, the storylines, the rivalries. Would be nice to have the home-team in the tourney, because nothing is like the streets of Buffalo during a playoff run. At least I think that's how I remember it, ha.

Oh, I agree with you. My point is they currently play a boring, stale hockey and should hire a young coach that wants to put on a show and make people get up in their seats.

Oh, I agree with you. My point is they currently play a boring, stale hockey and should hire a young coach that wants to put on a show and make people get up in their seats.

That's all I really want as a fan/consumer.

I just don't get why they forced the system when they have the pieces you mentioned. I always though the system they were playing was for teams with a dominant goalie, a couple decent two-way players and not much else(ie. 90's Sabres w Dom, 00's Devils w Brodeur).

Sabres got to within 3 points of Toronto (and the 8th playoff slot) coming out of their "bye week." They immediately crapped the bed, losing games to two of the worst teams and basically played .333 hockey the rest of the way. So they were sort-of in it but blew it toward the end, amidst whispers that the team hated coach Dan Bylsma.

It's hard to get excited about being CLOSE to 8th place in a conference at one point in the season in a 30 team league -- maybe just me as a non hockey guy

No, but it should be a major consideration. Remember that Edmonton fired people, changed org structure, and finally got going once they won McDavid. You get a top 3-4 player in the NHL and they get special treatment and consideration.

I want a young coach who will run and gun. So far one name that I like for that is Sheldon Keefe.

Edmonton turned things around because of Peter Chiarelli and Todd McLellan as well as McDavid. Chiarelli and McLellan were both proven winners, something Buffalo never hires.

Not liking some of the local press suggesting that Eichel is immature and a problem. I hope that this is not true, but if it is, it could be that Murray knew this would be the case when the Sabres lost out on the opportunity to draft McDavid (and explains why he was so upset at the time).

Edmonton turned things around because of Peter Chiarelli and Todd McLellan as well as McDavid. Chiarelli and McLellan were both proven winners, something Buffalo never hires.

Bylsma did win the cup and was the Olympic coach which is pretty good credentials.

Really surprised by Murray though. the Nightcap guys are saying that TMNGM was berating officials in the hall way for all to hear and was all around to lose with his lips.

Bylsma did win the cup and was the Olympic coach which is pretty good credentials.

Really surprised by Murray though. the Nightcap guys are saying that TMNGM was berating officials in the hall way for all to hear and was all around to lose with his lips.

Am I the only one not even a little surprised by Murray? What am I missing? He tore it all down, had a bunch of assets and squandered the majority of them. His job was pretty easy.

Am I the only one not even a little surprised by Murray? What am I missing? He tore it all down, had a bunch of assets and squandered the majority of them. His job was pretty easy.

his job was to tear it down and the trades were supposed to bring faster results. they should have just stuck with the long plan and develop the assets