Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mixon in the 3rd

They did the right thing here. No reason to pay the back-up rb $4 million or even $2 million it would've cost for the 2nd round tender. I would hope that Joe Mixon falls to us in the 3rd.

Let me get this straight: you guys are happy about getting a 5th round pick for a guy that's proven himself to be a productive RB for this team over a 2-year span, but are hoping to spend a 3rd round pick on a guy that's not only unproven as an NFL RB, but also comes with off-field baggage?

No offense, but that line of thinking makes no sense to me.

Let me get this straight: you guys are happy about getting a 5th round pick for a guy that's proven himself to be a productive RB for this team over a 2-year span, but are hoping to spend a 3rd round pick on a guy that's not only unproven as an NFL RB, but also comes with off-field baggage?

Bandit, I know you were referring to a 3rd Round pick and drafting Mixon, but I just want to say from my perspective: no RB short of a sure-fire HOF is worth giving up a 5th round pick at the age of 27 when season starts and the short shelf-life of a RB in the NFL these days...to me, it makes more sense to use a 5th or even a 6th in this year's Draft on a back-up RB with real potential...the financials and age just make too much sense to go with it....IMHO, it was just a particularly bad year to try and keep a guy of Gilly's ilk for the Bills....

Are we going to pay a 3rd round pick as much as we would be paying MG?

When Gilly routinely gashes us for 100 Plus yards next December, this thread is gonna be real ugly. The 2nd round tender should have been used and this thread doesnt exist.

You know the Cheater will want to rub it in. Just like when he almost blew a game trying to get Chandler a TD.