Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

You ever been at an auction and thought you had something after outbidding that one guy back and forth for a few minutes..........then it's going once, twice.......and some other bidder confidently puts a bid in?

That always pisses off a fool and makes them re-think how much they want that item.

That's the strategy here.

Pats didn't want to overpay for MG so they waited for best time to make the decision emotional.

If the Bills match, so be it. But they wanted MG and didn't want to overpay to get him and this close to the draft......this will have the Bills thinking a lot harder than they would have a month ago.

So if the Pats sign him it's a good deal for them. If the Bills match the deal, they are overpaying. Ahh, what life must be like as a Pats fan....

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see how this isn't just the cost of doing business, and is a non- issue. TD Mike played great and is a fine backup. Bills wanted to keep him and offered him a far offer. (an extra million a year for the 2nd round tender is another 10% of our available cap don't forget). He got a better offer. It's too much to pay- take the 5th rounder.

Also it's nice to see a thread about actual news!!

Not sure why I need to take a " glacé at the NFCE", but OK.

auto correct on an iPhone. stranger things have happened. made the correction immediately. but thanks for avoiding the point.

If any other team got a 5th round pick and 1.8 in cap space for their 27 yr old backup RB who they just signed off the street it would be applauded :)

I think he's good, probably rather have the pick ... whatever ...but the hot takes in here are scorching. :lol:

Edited by YoloinOhio

If they sign him, we get a 5th rounder and less likely for them to sign AP. That said I think we have the room to match, but I am not upset either way really as we can use more picks

let him go. Take the 5th. Draft a RB and sign AP!!!

If any other team got a 5th round pick and 1.8 in cap space for their 27 yr old backup RB who they just signed off the street it would be applauded :)

I think he's good, probably rather have the pick ... whatever ...but the hot takes in here are scorching. :lol:

some decent RB's should be around in the 5th. Heck, draft Mixon in the 2nd if you want.

So if I have things correct here, the Bills had two restricted FA guys in Gillislee and Groy. Groy got an offer, the Bills looked at it, and matched so they have a solid backup at the C and G positions because we were hurting there a bit. Gillislee has an offer sheet, the Bills have not announced whether or not they're going to match it or not, if they don't they get a 5th round pick (unlike Groy). But the Groy thing gets ignored while they get flamed for the Gillislee thing by many here and in the media. When they have not even made a decision. This is how restricted FA works.

Some of this stuff just gets ridiculous. They placed an appropriate tender on a backup RB; placing a 2nd round would have been more than they necessarily wanted to pay the guy for a year, so now they see the market and can come back with an appropriate offer. We'll see what happens, but if he gets signed people around here are going to look foolish.

Good Luck in NE, Mike!

This deal makes no sense in the Pats* end. Why not draft a guy who is younger and cheaper and save a draft pick?

I like MG but we just got a draft pick for a guy we picked up off the scrap heap and the one good thing the Bills can do is find rbs.

It's unreal.. at this point if we ever win the Super Bowl I expect a thread on how the confetti wasn't made out of recycled material.

Whiners gonna whine YO!... LO

Yes, we need the next Jonathan Williams and/or Meeks, STAT. #FifthsAreForWinners