Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This QB class is ideal for a QB starved team that doesn't hold a top pick. It has a variety of guys with different skill sets who all grade out from mid/early first to early third round depending on who you trust. It provides an oppurtunity to address the position without overpaying. I hope they find a guy and nail it.

Great post. If you want a great QB prospect that even an idiot can see is good then get ready to give up 3 1st round picks +.

I would rather get Mahomes or Trubisky for one pick.

Link?

Here are Bills fans "Wait until next year because this years crop sucks" Its been a 20 year theme minus Andrew Luck (who BTW Still hasn't gotten Indy to a super bowl despite his hype)

Leroi said "We need an early run on QBs. If not, he will be there in the 2nd and we will pass on him. Imo" on April 12th in one of the Trubisky threads.

He said elsewhere all the qb talk was smokescreen and that we had targeted five players. I cannot recollect precisely, but it was something like wr 2, te 1, cb 1, and de 1.

Edited by Dr. Who

Leroi said "We need an early run on QBs. If not, he will be there in the 2nd and we will pass on him. Imo" on April 12th in one of the Trubisky threads.

He said elsewhere all the qb talk was smokescreen and that we had targeted five players. I cannot recollect precisely, but it was something like wr 2, te 1, cb 1, and de 1.

I remember Leroi calling the Spiller pick under Nix. Maybe he still has connections but not ones to the new guy (Mcdermott).

Great post. If you want a great QB prospect that even an idiot can see is good then get ready to give up 3 1st round picks +.

I would rather get Mahomes or Trubisky for one pick.

Yep, almost all those who want to wait because we have holes to fill are willing to sell the farm in 2018.

I posted in another thread, btw, Greg Gabriel's April 14th mock has Watson to the Bears, Mahomes to the Jets, Trubisky to Bills.

The qbs are going much earlier than many folks imagine.

Has there ever been "a one year wonder" college QB who has been a successful pro? It's just difficult for me to feel good about Trubisky.

I don't study the draft. I didn't know he started only one year.

I don't remember Parcells' drafting rules, but they were very good. One rule is never take a QB based on one season of stats. If he hasn't started and succeeded for two seasons, you don't know what you're getting.

Here you go. This is what Parcells said to draft a QB:

1. Be a three-year starter
  2. Be a senior in college
  3. Graduate from college
  4. Start 30 games
  5. Win 23 games
  6. Post a 2:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio
  7. Complete at least 60-percent of passes thrown

Don't trade up for Trubisky. Don't take him at 10.

I don't remember Parcells' drafting rules, but they were very good. One rule is never take a QB based on one season of stats. If he hasn't started and succeeded for two seasons, you don't know what you're getting.

3. Graduate from college
  4. Start 30 games
  5. Win 23 games

Watson's leaving a year early, so he isn't a three-year starter and he isn't a senior. But he's started 30, he's won more than 23 and he has the other stats.

3. Graduate from college
  4. Start 30 games
  5. Win 23 games

Parcells rules were good for his time but look pretty dated today. The top prospects don't stay around these days. If you followed his rules you wouldn't do very well. Parcells last used these to acquire Chad Henne.

no way we are moving up in this draft.

Not with TT signed on

at number 10 I could see it happening possibly but no way we give up stuff to move up in this draft where no QB is really standing out as a no brainier.

Kind of obvious they want QB teams moving up in front of them, that's is if they leaked the story or leaked the appearance of wanting a QB early. Otherwise its a fluff piece liek all the rest .. Bills have QB issues for years link Bills to QBs it writes itself

Look, I am not banging down the door for a QB at 10. So I have no problem sitting him behind Taylor for a year. Give him time to get uses to the speed. Let's not throw him to the wolves like, say, Tannehill/EJ/Geno/Bortles.

Well, when Taylor gets injured, you'd HAVE to start the new QB. You think the fans would accept seeing Cardale Jones replace Taylor when they have a rookie QB that they want to see instead?

3. Graduate from college
  4. Start 30 games
  5. Win 23 games

Brian Brohm met every one of these requirements and then some.

Judge the individual, not whether he meets prescribed categories, many of which are arbitrary.

Pretty sure Dak meets those requirements :D

Just looked it up, surprisingly he did. 32-17 as a starter if I'm counting W's and L's correctly. Also had a much better touchdown to interception ratio than I would have guessed. Let's see how year two goes, this seems like a story that is to good to be true. Everyone just ignored this kid, well...mostly!