TJ Watt vs Hassan Reddick

PIZ

These guys seem to be flying below the radar a bit, and not getting the talk they should be. Both would be beasts on this D, and I like them a lot. I suspect these 2 guys will be better pros than guys taken before them. Both are versatile football players and athletes. Reddick was recruited as a CB at Temple. What are your thoughts on these 2, how they fit in this D, and where they will go in the draft?

Some language, but....

Reddick:. https://youtu.be/I76cLlT_kE0

Watt:. https://youtu.be/5uEp6aW5bH4

These guys seem to be flying below the radar a bit, and not getting the talk they should be. Both would be beasts on this D, and I like them a lot. I suspect these 2 guys will be better pros than guys taken before them. Both are versatile football players and athletes. Reddick was recruited as a CB at Temple. What are your thoughts on these 2, how they fit in this D, and where they will go in the draft?

Some language, but....

Reddick:. https://youtu.be/I76cLlT_kE0

Watt:. https://youtu.be/5uEp6aW5bH4

I really like both players, but don't see Watt making a transition to WLB or SLB within our system. I think he can make a beautiful transition to MLB like what Clay Mathews did for the Packers, but will do his best as a rusher in a 3-4 scheme. I could be wrong, but I think his top speed will hold him back in our scheme as a LB unless he added weight and played DE like his big bro.

Reddick is my top guy for our system because of his athleticism. He was formally a CB, but was moved to DE for some reason. It's a bit of a flag for me considering he could have moved to safety or LB, but I still think he can cover zone within our scheme as the WLB.

Hopefully the Bills do their due diligence on these two, because I think they could be a few of the best players in this draft as well.

...apologize for my ignorance folks, but don't get to see college ball....this Reddick kid is highly touted here at TBD.....yet he seems smallish in size, almost Kiko like".....many criticized Kiko for wearing down late season for his lack in size.....help me understand why the Reddick lad is different with my thanks................

...apologize for my ignorance folks, but don't get to see college ball....this Reddick kid is highly touted here at TBD.....yet he seems smallish in size, almost Kiko like".....many criticized Kiko for wearing down late season for his lack in size.....help me understand why the Reddick lad is different with my thanks................

small LBs is what this defense uses

Our cover two scheme relies on smaller, faster LB play. Reddick is actually a bull based on his size and him being a successful DE in college. He should transition nicely in our system without damaging his body throughout the season.

small LBs is what this defense uses

.......reverting to a 4-3 which puts more onus on the beef up front, smaller and quicker LB's cover the gaps sufficiently.....it definitely appears that in year 55 of following this crap, my gray matter has finally died off...if I could only remember my meds...went through hell when I confused my Polident with Rolaids..almost blew up........... :thumbsup: ...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Our cover two scheme relies on smaller, faster LB play. Reddick is actually a bull based on his size and him being a successful DE in college. He should transition nicely in our system without damaging his body throughout the season.

....CERTAINLY appreciate your help and assessment...thanks bud!............... :thumbsup:

I'm hoping as the draft gets closer, Reddick becomes the Bills target. At this point, I like Mahomes and Reddick at 10, regardless of where the experts rank them. If those 2 are not targets, then I hope they trade down multiple times to accumulate lots of picks.

I'm hoping as the draft gets closer, Reddick becomes the Bills target. At this point, I like Mahomes and Reddick at 10, regardless of where the experts rank them. If those 2 are not targets, then I hope they trade down multiple times to accumulate lots of picks.

We can get either of them even with trading back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.......reverting to a 4-3 which puts more onus on the beef up front, smaller and quicker LB's cover the gaps sufficiently.....it definitely appears that in year 55 of following this crap, my gray matter has finally died off...if I could only remember my meds...went through hell when I confused my Polident with Rolaids..almost blew up........... :thumbsup: ...

:lol:

it happens, but get used to McD being here for a long time and not constantly switching from 34 to 43 a dozen times.

We can get either of them even with trading back. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can't you edit out the Tapatalk line ?

FWIW was literally just watching the NFL network and this exact issue was discussed by Charlie Casserly who said he likes both players but he likes Watt more because he's bigger, more physical, plays the run better and has the same instincts and "natural rushability" as Reddick (like that phrase!)--he doesn't understand why Watt isn't higher on the draft boards and thinks he's moving up.

FWIW was literally just watching the NFL network and this exact issue was discussed by Charlie Casserly who said he likes both players but he likes Watt more because he's bigger, more physical, plays the run better and has the same instincts and "natural rushability" as Reddick (like that phrase!)--he doesn't understand why Watt isn't higher on the draft boards and thinks he's moving up.

if Watt can add some more muscle he could fit as DE, a little light in the shorts at the moment

Personally,a trade back for Zach Cunningham would be my choice. The kid can cover and is a tackling machine. He could stand to add a few pounds,but the kid is experienced and consistent. Otherwise,Reddick would be a good pick at ten just based on his measurables and versatility