Reuben Foster

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe guys like Adams and Lattimore and hooker will be gone by the time we pick

Realistically, looking through all the prospects who will probably be available I have zoned in on one guy that fits McDermotts D to perfection

Reuben Foster LB Alabama

This kid is the real deal and a playmaker at the LB position. Fast, rangy, strong as a bull with premier instincts

He has great burst and instincts in the run game, coupled with hips that rotate loosely in pass coverage

He absolutely smacked leanord Fournette in a way that he's never been hit. He brought the hammer and Fournette was the nail

A true 3 down linebacker in the mold of a Bobby Wagner

I'd love to have him

I'd love to have this guy, but I can see the Bills new regiment passing on him due to the combine issue he had. I personally don't want him for that very reason, and would rather trade down and grab Hasson Reddick. He has more versatility and should do fine in coverage even without extended experience.

mcd said something on wgr about players treating the support staff well so I think with foster's run in with the medical staff at the combine I think he's off our board.

Agreed. They want high character guys that can set the example both on and off the field.

mcd said something on wgr about players treating the support staff well so I think with foster's run in with the medical staff at the combine I think he's off our board.

If they think he's an all pro that'll make the defense work he's on the board

Not at pick 10 plus Whaley good at finding LBs see Kiko, Preston, Lorax, Zach etc. I think we can wait and find someone in Round 5.

I would rather not have two special teams (Lorax and Humber) aces and a 5th round pick as our best options for our starting OLBs

If they think he's an all pro that'll make the defense work he's on the board

I find that hard to believe

Also, most people don't want posting to be a chore. I recently used the Search functionality before posting and it returned over 20 threads. I looked thru to find what they were about and none were about my topic. Normally, I wouldn't bother to go thru it and I believe most posters wouldn't.

As you said, people need to just ignore the duplicate threads and stop whining.

I'm with you bud. I think there's a lot of people on here that stay on this site 24/7 and this is all they do. These guys think they are Gods gift and will put down a poster every chance they get. Then they say well I have 30,000 posts and you aren't even close. Whippie! It's called having a life and not commenting 100 times a day. For example, these same guys complain about a post but instead of ignoring it and moving on they put useless chat on the post and often have the most posts on the same chat that they actually complained about. Same guys, doesn't matter what topic is on the board they put their 2 cents in, funny actually. I wonder how they maintain a job and family. Personally I have read a lot on the draft and all the players of interest, still this post does not upset me. There's a lot of guys who just look at the posts on the right as they read the articles on two bills and don't have the time nor want to actually go to the stadium wall and scan through the other 100 posts. As far as Foster goes, I would be fine with him but I gave up having a man crush on any of these guys a few years back. You just have to trust that the Bills pick a special talent. There should be someone special in the first round even if they trade down and get more picks. We have no control over the draft so I prefer to just sit back and evaluate what we did after the picks are selected. I like Corey Davis but I'm just a fan, not a scout and he may not be the right pick. Just get us some ballers Buffalo and lets get this ship going in the right direction.

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas

I'm not a scout, but I don't see what everyone else see's in Foster. To me he looks like he's slowed down on the field because he's thinking too much. As a result, he seems to play smart, but reactionary football.

On the other hand, watch someone like Haason Reddick play. That guy attacks the offense and just plays faster.

Cliche to say this, but Foster has a higher floor, Reddick has a higher ceiling. But I'd take Reddick over Foster all day.

Yeah and all these experts on here think he can`t cover as good either. Duh...He started out as a corner there. Got bigger and stronger and moved to De. the boy can move.

Yeah and all these experts on here think he can`t cover as good either. Duh...He started out as a corner there. Got bigger and stronger and moved to De. the boy can move.

For sure

He's just always played on the outside so he has never stacked and shed blocks like a true Mike Linebacker

He might be better suited for a will backer spot

Edited by Buffalo716

Why can't people post without being ridiculed for everything? Everyone criticizing or critiquing everyone's posts makes everyone afraid to post.

If they stay at 10, I hope they find a franchise QB. I really want them to trade down multiple times and get tons of picks.

I wish this were the case. Unfortunately all it takes is a glance at the front page of this message board to see that inane duplicate threads are now becoming the norm. Is there a thread about who to pick at 10? Let's have a separate thread about every specific player who may have been mentioned in that thread instead. Then let's have multiple threads about trading down - one for, one against, a poll about what we should do and threads saying we shouldn't trade down is specific players are on the board. You used to be able to look at the front page and see a list of articles sharing new information or threads that actually invited discussion. Now, all you get is a list of people's opinions and a group of people supporting or dissenting from that opinion.

I do see your point and I've been a member of this board for a LONG time. However I do think it's ridiculous how people get attacked on here for a post because someone didn't do a search to see if it was already talked about. The members don't treat other members with the respect they used to. I know how it feels to want to post and get feedback from fellow Bills fans. You get passionate about a topic, player, or you think you have breaking news and you want to share it as quickly as possible with Bills fans. Some of us don't have family or friends to talk about the Bills so they come here. Not sure what can be changed to satisfy everyone, but the bullying is unacceptable to me. Maybe people like me should start calling out the bullies like they call out everyone?

Look at this post.....He got blasted for his OP. In my opinion this is a solid thread with good discussion that would have got buried on a generic draft thread that others wanted him to post under.

Edited by PIZ

I actually don't disagree with you about this specific thread, I think the OP was lambasted unfairly. It seems like there is simply a general resentment to the perceived changes in this board. It's quite difficult for people not to get a head full of steam and just hate on everything when they're frustrated.

I like Reuben Foster. I think he would be a great WLB for us. Unfortunately, I see a lot of reports, even before the combine suggesting that he may be immature and surrounding himself with the wrong people. I don't see those same reports about Reddick, who I think could play the same position very well, I'd rather move back a bit and take Reddick than Foster at 10. If we're sitting pat at 10, I'd probably rather take a WR, but I wouldn't be upset with this pick at all.

I like Reddick a lot too. He was recruited as a CB and turned into a beast of a LB. I would absolutely love to have a game changer on D. From what I've seen from some of the insiders here though (no reason to doubt them) they don't mention any LBs except for Jarrad Davis.

I do see your point and I've been a member of this board for a LONG time. However I do think it's ridiculous how people get attacked on here for a post because someone didn't do a search to see if it was already talked about. The members don't treat other members with the respect they used to. I know how it feels to want to post and get feedback from fellow Bills fans. You get passionate about a topic, player, or you think you have breaking news and you want to share it as quickly as possible with Bills fans. Some of us don't have family or friends to talk about the Bills so they come here. Not sure what can be changed to satisfy everyone, but the bullying is unacceptable to me. Maybe people like me should start calling out the bullies like they call out everyone?

Look at this post.....He got blasted for his OP. In my opinion this is a solid thread with good discussion that would have got buried on a generic draft thread that others wanted him to post under.

Agreed! It's difficult to monitor a thread with several hundred comments. Maybe it's possible there could be sub threads through the off-season. Draft thread with sub-threads like mock drafts, players, visits, combine/pro day result, and so on. Would limit the clutter, and allow us to better navigate the site.

Just saw this:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/186094-lets-redesign-two-bills-drive-and-the-stadium-wall/

Edited by ROONDOGG55

....really like McD's demands for a professional, unified organization.....but he still is forced to deal with divas.......yet a kid like this may smarten up when McD (can't call 'em McCoach anymore; somebody got irritated) lays down the rules of HIS team....stay tuned..........

He'd be a great fit at wlb in this system, but if Leroi is correct (as he often is), Foster will not be a Bill, not will Cunningham, Reddick or Davis. Makes me sad

Edited by NewEra

surprise..... WR Christian McCaffrey :nana:

would love it in a trade down

Want some meat loaf?

I think he wants a reuben

Today is the first time I've heard this, but:

Apparently, multiple scouts are worried about the people with whom Foster is surrounding himself. That off-the-field tomfoolery, together with his "leaving the combine because doctors made him angry" incident may cause him to drop.

We need less of these idiots, rather have Reddick