2017 NHL Playoffs.....Anybody care?

Mark Vader

Just talked to my buddy who lives in Nashville. He's a Buffalo guy and says it is ridiculous on Lower Broadway tonight. Tickets going 20x face. Should be fun to watch!

My son lives there and goes to town even with no hopes of getting tix. It's just a blast to be in the middle of the energy! Down 1 at the end of the first is not what I was hoping for..... :(

I went with friends for a regular season game a couple months ago, and it was a rockin' BLAST!

They have practice just north of Vanderbilt across from where my son used to live. Mostly open to the public and a great marketing tool - my grandson is hooked, has his jersey and sticks and wants to be a "hockey man"!

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun period of hockey. Kinda sloppy at times but still great to watch. Looks like some communication problems with Rinne. Something going on there. Hope the Pred's can close it out to make a series out of it.

Just talked to my buddy who lives in Nashville. He's a Buffalo guy and says it is ridiculous on Lower Broadway tonight. Tickets going 20x face. Should be fun to watch!

In between the 1st and 2nd they showed a shot of the Jack Daniels Airstream outside the arena I suppose? Is that Broadway? I would definitely be checking out that trailer before the game. :thumbsup:

My son lives there and goes to town even with no hopes of getting tix. It's just a blast to be in the middle of the energy! Down 1 at the end of the first is not what I was hoping for..... :(

I went with friends for a regular season game a couple months ago, and it was a rockin' BLAST!

They have practice just north of Vanderbilt across from where my son used to live. Mostly open to the public and a great marketing tool - my grandson is hooked, has his jersey and sticks and wants to be a "hockey man"!

Looking a lot better now! :lol:

Edited by Dante

Crap Carrie Underwood. I get my hot country pop stars mixed up. Looks like my genius prediction is in trouble. I thought the Preds should have won the first game but should have's could haves and all that. Will see what happens tonight!

Taylor Swift is country pop?

We will never know how the game might have played out had that goal been upheld. They got robbed (IMO), then gave up 3 fairly quick goals. Was that a let down? Hard to say. But things like that can swing the momentum short term for sure in a game, or even a series. Bounce back, Nashville!

They have practice just on the north side of Vanderbilt across the street from where my son and grandson lived, and it's often open to the public. My son would take his 3 year old there for something to do. Very cool and maybe part of why the city is so strongly behind them. I went to a mid-season game and it was bonkers!

As a Sharks fan I am always proud to see how crazy and raucous our fans can get, and a lot of visiting teams fans that come to the Shark Tank for a game almost always have great things to say about the hockey atmosphere in San Jose.

Having said that, I have to tip my hat off to those Predators fans, they were totally in it and a lot of fun to listen to. I wish I knew what they were chanting.

I know that many of the traditional hockey fans and some on this board have often criticized the fan bases of hockey teams in the south. I wonder if they feel that way about the Nashville fans.

I wish I knew what they were chanting.

After a Predators goal:

"HEY! YOU SUCK!"

"HEY! YOU SUCK!"

“WE’RE GONNA BEAT THE HELL OUTTA YOU! IT’S TRUE, IT’S TRUE, IT’S WHAT WE’RE GONNA DO!”

After a goal is announced and the Saber Tooth Tiger roars the number of goals scored:

After first roar:

“THAT”S ONE!”

After second roar:

“THAT”S TWO!”

After third roar:

“THAT”S THREE!” (and so on...)

After whatever number is the last goal:

“THANK YOU MURRAY, MAY WE HAVE ANOTHER?

HE SHOOTS….HE SCORES….YOU SUCK!”

"Mur...ray!"

"Mur...ray!"

"Mur...ray!"

"YOU SUCK!"

(then)

"IT”S ALL YOUR FAULT!"

"IT”S ALL YOUR FAULT!"

"IT”S ALL YOUR FAULT!"

When opposition player falls down:

"1, 2, 3, 4, HE JUST HIT THE ICY FLOOR! 5, 6, 7, 8, WHERE THE HELL'D YOU LEARN TO SKATE?"

When the opposition ices the puck:

"If you’re crappy and you know it, ice the puck! (clap clap)

If you’re crappy and you know it, ice the puck! (clap clap)

If you’re crappy and you know it, and you really wanna show it, if you’re crappy and you know it, ice the puck! (clap clap)"

It's a fun atmosphere but I imagine during the dog days of the regular season some of that stuff gets a little old/campy. They are totally amped up in the post season, so it shows well on television. It reminds me a little of how the Alaska Aces fans were in their heyday in the WCHL/ECHL (and the Shark Tank was back when Irbe, Makarov, Garpenlov, Larionov, etc. were there). That barn was rocking and had tremendous atmosphere. We used to get former NHL players in pretty regularly and they all gushed about how much fun it was to play in front of crowds like that.

Yeah I couldn't get into those silly chants, but I appreciate the raucous environment in the finals. Glad to see the Preds take control this time around.

Taylor Swift is country pop?

She started that way.

A buddy of mine (Buffalo guy) was at the game last night and texted how jealous he was of the Nashville atmosphere; he said the place was rocking all night and they even had really good synchronized chants (like soccer). I'm generally not a fan of the southern hockey teams but I'm definitely pulling for the Preds.

A buddy of mine (Buffalo guy) was at the game last night and texted how jealous he was of the Nashville atmosphere; he said the place was rocking all night and they even had really good synchronized chants (like soccer). I'm generally not a fan of the southern hockey teams but I'm definitely pulling for the Preds.

Yeah it's hard not to get caught up with their fans. They are a fun bunch. You can hear most of the chants on TV, the majority seem to end in YOU SUCK!

Preds are a fun team to watch, so many skilled defense men that junk up into the play. I'm not a hockey strategist but I would call it the amoeba attack.

I absolutely LOVED the effort on the Pred's 3rd goal tonight! Two guys went all out to set up the goal.

That was my favorite and that fantastic save by Rinne diving across the crease after stopping the break away. Game saving moment.

That was my favorite and that fantastic save by Rinne diving across the crease after stopping the break away. Game saving moment.

That was great, too. Fun game to watch. I think the Pens benefit more from extra time off

The Predators definitely found their groove again at home. What a fun game.

That was great, too. Fun game to watch. I think the Pens benefit more from extra time off

The energy from that arena comes through the tv. I love the excitement in the streets and all the stars in the building. Something special. I can't imagine if they win.

The energy from that arena comes through the tv. I love the excitement in the streets and all the stars in the building. Something special. I can't imagine if they win.

I hope they win just so Montreal can see PK lift the cup, lol

Rinne choking again. No way that should have been a 4 on 4 though. Crosby drove Subban's head into the ice repeatedly.

Apparently, that's called "holding" (a head as it bounced off the ice).