Which QB do you want the Bills to draft?

Which QB do you want the Bills to draft?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the Bills to draft?

• Mitchell Trubisky, UNC (projected round 1)
    • Pat Mahomes, Texas Tech (projected round 1-2)
    • Deshaun Watson, Clemson (projected round 1)
    • DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame (projected round 2)
    • Davis Webb, Cal (projected round 2-3)
    • Nathan Peterman, Pitt (projected round 3-4)
    • Brad Kaaya, Miami (projected round 3-4)
    • Jerod Evans, Va Tech (projected round 5-6)
    • Joshua Dobbs, Tennessee (projected round 6)
    • Chad Kelly, Ole Miss (projected round 7)
    • Would prefer they don't use a draft pick and wait to sign a UDFA (i.e. Trevor Knight, Seth Russell, CJ Beathard, Antonio Pipkin, Alex Torgerson, Mitch Leidner, Gunner Kiel, Sefo Liufau)
    • Prefer they don't add a rookie QB at all

Who do you think is the best player, fit for the Bills new offense, fit for what the Bills want/need right now out of a rookie QB, and value? Projected rounds are according to CBS Sports as of today.... opinions may differ but they are probably generally accurate as to where the Bills would need to select each player. If you wish, comment with your reasons as to why you choose that QB for this specific team with the above factors.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/

For those new to TBD since last draft, we ran this poll in 2016 and the poll winner was indeed who the Bills selected... very interesting to look back!

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/185872-which-qb-do-you-want-the-bills-to-draft/page-8?hl=vernon+adams&do=findComment&comment=3934466

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Watson. I'm tired of settling for the 3rd and 4th level QBs in a draft. I'm tired of drafting guys that didn't play at big time schools or didn't do a lot of winning. I want the guy that everybody knows as being a winner. A guy that beat the best teams and the best defenses. A guy that instantly becomes the guy, that a common fan associates with your franchise. A guy that is the first name on a strangers mouth when you tell them you are a bills fan. This guy reminds me a ton of Mariota and fits the offense that we currently play. Enough settling for the other guys, and enough forcing guys that don't belong. Go get the guy that will be our QB for 10 years and finally be a real contender. When was the last time the Bills drafted the most successful and famous college QB and had that guy on their roster going into an NFL season? I would say never.

Watson. I'm tired of settling for the 3rd and 4th level QBs in a draft. I'm tired of drafting guys that didn't play at big time schools or didn't do a lot of winning. I want the guy that everybody knows as being a winner. A guy that beat the best teams and the best defenses. A guy that instantly becomes the guy, that a common fan associates with your franchise. A guy that is the first name on a strangers mouth when you tell them you are a bills fan. This guy reminds me a ton of Mariota and fits the offense that we currently play. Enough settling for the other guys, and enough forcing guys that don't belong. Go get the guy that will be our QB for 10 years and finally be a real contender. When was the last time the Bills drafted the most successful and famous college QB and had that guy on their roster going into an NFL season? I would say never.

Very nicely said, right on man.

He gets my vote as well.

I didn't see a choice that fully matches, but my choice is Beathard. I'm good with him as any of our final 3 picks.

he was projected as a 7-UDFA. There were a bunch so I grouped them all as udfas. Apparently they believe someone will draft Kelly in the final round before he gets set free. Edited by YoloinOhio

he was projected as a 7-UDFA. There were a bunch so I grouped them all as udfas. Apparently they believe someone will draft Kelly in the final round before he gets set free.

I get why the options are what they are. Just saying I don't mind if they use a late pick, as long as it's on my boy CJ :)

Who do you think is the best player, fit for the Bills new offense, fit for what the Bills want/need right now out of a rookie QB, and value? Projected rounds are according to CBS Sports as of today.... opinions may differ but they are probably generally accurate as to where the Bills would need to select each player. If you wish, comment with your reasons as to why you choose that QB for this specific team with the above factors.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/

For those new to TBD since last draft, we ran this poll in 2016 and the poll winner was indeed who the Bills selected... very interesting to look back!

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/185872-which-qb-do-you-want-the-bills-to-draft/page-8?hl=vernon+adams&do=findComment&comment=3934466

Poll should be public Yolo, how else are we supposed to get our adoration?

Mahomes (trade down from 10, late teens - twenties)

I like Mahomes because I believe we can build an offense built around a strong running game and a vertical passing game (aka a Bruce Arians offense, similar to Arizona / Pitts / Indy) that one of Mahomes or Cardale could potentially excel in with their talents. I think Mahomes and Cardale possess some similar traits, especially excellent arm talent and we could build our offense in the same mold for either.

Watson (2nd round, would be willing to trade up a few picks)

Trub (2nd round, would be willing to trade up a few picks)

Watson's arm makes me nervous, I believe we need to dramatically upgrade our skill talent for him and go a complete opposite direction as Cardale with more of a "Patriots" style offense for both him and Trub. I simply haven't seen enough to Trub compared to the other guys.

Webb (3rd round)

Kizer (3rd round)

I think Webb holds up pretty favorably to Goff considering they are coming out of the same scheme and Webb has a little more of a pro body. Kizer makes me very nervous about being an EJ repeat, I tend to believe Fuller / Prosise / Stanley had A LOT to do with his success in college and I'm not convinced he can make the leap. Brian Kelly trashing him also makes me nervous.

In that order

Like Dobbs as a late round flier

He's seen a lot of playing time in the SEC, is a smart guy, has the physical tools and has the most "Dak" potential in the draft IMO. Clearly he's got warts in his game, he never quite lived up to his hype in college and accuracy is an issue, but he's an intelligent experienced player.

I have very little interest in Peterman / Kaaya / Kelly.

Kelly's off the field issues are too much to really believe in and I think putting him in Buffalo is the worst possible fit for him. I don't think Peterman or Kaaya have the arm talent to play at this level.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

The Bills have on their best poker face. They want Watson and if he's there at #10, I'd bet my house, he's a Bill.

Let's hope...

I didn't see a choice that fully matches, but my choice is Beathard. I'm good with him as any of our final 3 picks.

No offense but Beathard is awful to me. I won't even want him as my qb in the big ten. I honestly would be shocked if he stuck on a NFL roster.