Here's a draft curveball for you to flame

10th overall for the 4th best RB in the class? I'm gonna pass, thanks.

4th best? Who do you have above him? Just wondering. I wouldn't want to take him at 10 (likely because you could easily trade down in that scenario). I can think of 2 RB's who are perhaps better (Mixon and Alvin K. from Tenn). Who else do you have above him? I didn't watch enough college football (or pay much attention to RB).

If Fournette fell to us I would immediately start fielding calls from any team's GMs that are wanting to trade up a few spots to get the best RB in the draft while netting us some more draft picks to fill in more positions of need.

Exactly, it won't happen. But Fournette was available at 10, our trade down payoff would be tremendous.

4th best? Who do you have above him? Just wondering. I wouldn't want to take him at 10 (likely because you could easily trade down in that scenario). I can think of 2 RB's who are perhaps better (Mixon and Alvin K. from Tenn). Who else do you have above him? I didn't watch enough college football (or pay much attention to RB).

Cook, McCaffrey & Foreman. Similar type of back as Derrick Henry is, lesser athlete.

He's alright and a starting calibre player but he's not a "generational" talent by any means. Anyone wants him at 10, they can pay a king's ransom for him.

They would be the laughing stock of the league so yes I could see them doing it.

Should they?...... no Fn way.

Too many holes to fill and not enough picks to waste your most valuable on a luxury pick that sets you back 2 years.

Averaged 15.6 carries and that includes 3 games of 5, 5, 8. His median was 17 which I think is more indicative of his usage. I'm good with Shady, would you be ok with his 17 carries still averaging 5.4 yards per carry?

along with his receptions and TDs......yes

Cook, McCaffrey & Foreman. Similar type of back as Derrick Henry is, lesser athlete.

He's alright and a starting calibre player but he's not a "generational" talent by any means. Anyone wants him at 10, they can pay a king's ransom for him.

Bingo

QB at 10 will not happen no way. Another EJ situation associated with Whaley and he may never get another GM job in the NFL in his life and he knows it. Any QB this year is almost the exact scenario and outcome in my opinion. Nope not happening

If this is true he should be fired immediately!

You can't base current picks/situation on you personnel assessment of your future, or past either.

take care of now, do what is right now for the team/franchise. to not take someone because it may hurt your career is not good.

RB at 10. It wouldn't get any Billsier than that.

Definitely.......but it wouldn't be AS Billsy as when they took Spiller.

That team was BEREFT of talent.......and yet they found cause to take a RB in round 1 for the 3rd time in six seasons. :lol:

McCoy only has one more year in Buffalo.......Lynch had a couple left.

Gillislee is good.......but Fred Jackson was a similar commodity.

So our starting RB is Shady who averaged 14.5 carries per game last year when he was one year younger. Our backup would be Gillislee who the team only thought enough of to offer a one-year tender. Pretty clear that the Bills intend to run the ball quite a bit based on bringing back the same O-line and getting arguably the best fullback ( and 4th highest paid) in the league as a priority free agent. If Leonard Fournette falls to #10 do you consider handing in the card for the "next AP"? I think they start the safeties they got in free agency. Mike Williams is off the board to the Titans. Whaley can't afford to draft another banged up defensive player like Lattimore or Jon Allen. Let's say they don't love Corey Davis as much as I do because he's not one of these big school guys that they like or he goes to the Bengals. I'm team Whaley but I doubt he admits a mistake in Clay by drafting OJ Howard. You are stuck at 10 can't get the right value and you better not draft a QB. Do you do it or nah?

Best fullback? That's a little biased. (And no, this team needs defensive help badly...unless I can trade Shady for a 1st round pick.)

Top-graded NFL fullbacks this year

1. Kyle Juszczyk, Ravens, 86.4

2. James Develin, Patriots, 85.7

3. Aaron Ripkowski, Packers, 85.5

Edited by JustWinPlease

It is insane to draft a RB in the top 10-15 picks...no matter who is available. RBs are a dime a dozen. Look at the production we got out of Karlos Williams and now Mike G.

Shore up the secondary

Get a fast LB

Another WR

Those are the needs we need to target in the first round.

No disrespect to the O.P., but I cannot fathom a single scenario where the Bills are drafting RB with the #10 overall pick. Just looking at positions that most would agree in a consensus are of need in additional talent, here's my take:

CB - Injury or no injury, Marshon Lattimore is a top-10 pick. There may be other backs in the conversation of early first round, but I'll leave it at him for now.

S - Jamal Adams sits on many boards as the most draft ready of anyone at any position. I know Malik Hooker is coming off of injury, but the Ed Reed comparisons keep him in the top-10 discussion. As with CB, there may be others belonging here, but will leave them out.

LB - The Bills appear to be OK at this position, but not great. They will not pass on a Reuben Foster for a RB, period.

DE - The Bills are set on this front as well, but once again, will the Bills pass on consensus #1 Myles Garrett? What about almost consensus #2 Solomon Thomas? Nope.

TE - OJ Howard may be the best pass catcher in the draft, regardless of his position. Same thing as the others above.

DT - I will be shocked if Jonathan Allen makes it out of the top-5 picks unless at least two teams shock us and take a QB.

QB - I know the Bills re-signed Taylor. I know they signed Yates and still have Jones, but if their #1 QB is on the board, WHOEVER it is, they're taking QB before they take RB.

OT - Pick your player here, but no one would disagree that the weakest point of the offensive line was RT. It just wasn't that good.

The lunacy here is the notion that this team would attempt to draft for the future with their first pick. They were the #1 rushing offense in the NFL last year with McCoy, Gillislee, and Williams being the ball carriers. Fournette addresses none of the glaring needs or weaknesses of the team. Even if he's there at #10, I take a pass.

Normally I would say "no way", but Fournette is built like a freight train and has good speed. He definitely could become Adrian Peterson in his prime. That would be a pretty dominant asset for the offense.

If the Bills do that then they would likely need to trade McCoy. The question then becomes, "what could they get for him?" If they could get at least a R2 pick you might want to consider it, especially since McCoy isn't getting any younger.

That all aside, the best bet for the Bills would be to trade down with Cleveland or Arizona and pick up additional picks/players to give them the right to select a QB in R1.

There's a good chance that there will be a run on QBs beginning with the #6 overall pick. The Bills should be able to take advantage of that run.

So our starting RB is Shady who averaged 14.5 carries per game last year when he was one year younger. Our backup would be Gillislee who the team only thought enough of to offer a one-year tender. Pretty clear that the Bills intend to run the ball quite a bit based on bringing back the same O-line and getting arguably the best fullback ( and 4th highest paid) in the league as a priority free agent. If Leonard Fournette falls to #10 do you consider handing in the card for the "next AP"? I think they start the safeties they got in free agency. Mike Williams is off the board to the Titans. Whaley can't afford to draft another banged up defensive player like Lattimore or Jon Allen. Let's say they don't love Corey Davis as much as I do because he's not one of these big school guys that they like or he goes to the Bengals. I'm team Whaley but I doubt he admits a mistake in Clay by drafting OJ Howard. You are stuck at 10 can't get the right value and you better not draft a QB. Do you do it or nah?

I am thinking Fournette will drop.

I am pretty sure he is not going to be the 1st RB taken