QB TJ Yates Visited the Bills and now Signed to a Deal

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......lol

hopefully just a live arm for training camp

Nope, he'll be here all year. Dennison kid from Houston, don't love it but needed to happen for a vet backup to Tyrod.

Tyrod, TJ, Cardale and draft a later round QB is the plan.

If Yates alters a teams plan at quaterback then that team had no plan in the first place.

eloquently put. Yates is who I would want at 3 behind a rookie who may or may not be good.

Say Fitz the starter, Manuel as a rookie backup, Yates as 3rd

Pretty sure we will find out where all the QBs shake out as far as 2,3,etc when preseason ends. In April, pre-draft, they are filing out the roster and they currently only have 2 QBs. Guys get hurt, they need to be prepared. It doesn't mean they don't draft one and doesn't mean they don't draft one relatively high. It means they needed a QB who at least has played the game of NFL football and this one knows the offense.

No one said he was "good" -- the available vet QBs in April aren't good and the majority of backup NFL QBs aren't good. That's just reality it's why he's a backup and why he was available.

If they signed Cutler or someone like that who had been a starter and could be a starter again then you might think they won't draft one, but they didn't.

Edited by YoloinOhio

This is going to be the excuse to still not properly address the QB position.

If you've only got 6 picks, and plenty of holes to fill, why should you be drafting yet another project QB, when you already have one?

In respect of being 'ready', this class is in the same boat that the one EJ came from was - i.e. they aren't.

Now I think there might be a guy who sticks somewhere, but I'm not convinced, so it's quite possible that the only guys who are still around from this class in 3 or 4 years time, are backups, much like the EJ class.

I'm not sure how you 'properly address the QB position', if there aren't any decent ones to be had.

If there were a bunch of decent guys, or even a few, then it would be a different question, and possibly a sensible argument, but there aren't, so it isn't.

If you've only got 6 picks, and plenty of holes to fill, why should you be drafting yet another project QB, when you already have one?

In respect of being 'ready', this class is in the same boat that the one EJ came from was - i.e. they aren't.

Now I think there might be a guy who sticks somewhere, but I'm not convinced, so it's quite possible that the only guys who are still around from this class in 3 or 4 years time, are backups, much like the EJ class.

I'm not sure how you 'properly address the QB position', if there aren't any decent ones to be had.

If there were a bunch of decent guys, or even a few, then it would be a different question, and possibly a sensible argument, but there aren't, so it isn't.

There are two QBs in this draft That will turn out to be very good ones.... Find them and take them. Otherwise your are just treading the 8-8 (+/-) two games every year.