QB TJ Yates Visited the Bills and now Signed to a Deal

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the significance of your username that you're a big Rush fan?

I do like the band but not enough to proclaiming my username to them.

I just like the name and used it on Xbox so it carried over. I also used to drink a bunch of Adrenaline rush energy drinks.

Rush the QB.

Rush down the field.

Feel the Rush, go Bills.

Edited by xRUSHx

Yes. How did he do when we needed to score? Oh, that's right. When the defenses knew he had to pass, he crumbled like a Girl Scout cookie from Country Cletus.

how about all the leads he gave the team? how about one time we blame the defense for folding like a paper doll? the entire side of the ball was awful in clutch situations and tyrod led an offense that consistently put up points throughout the year.

I like it. Solid backup. Familiar with the offensive scheme.

...sign him, try and find a trade partner in the 20's and look hard for a second 1st in 2018.......go after your big prize in 2018 (class is allegedly better and that kid from the West Coast may declare; forgot his name)......I'd still take a QB later in 2017.......so you'd have TT, Yates, draftee and Jones going into camp.....one eventually goes, one to PS and two on active................

how about all the leads he gave the team? how about one time we blame the defense for folding like a paper doll? the entire side of the ball was awful in clutch situations and tyrod led an offense that consistently put up points throughout the year.

I will not disagree that the offense was productive. I will also not absolve the defense of any blame for having a losing record with a pretty friggin easy schedule last year.

Let's face it, the entire team sucked.

The offense couldn't score when it had to and the defense couldn't get a stop when it had to.

I do not blame Tyrod Taylor, alone, for the team being terrible last year.

But they were terrible. And he didn't help much with missed opportunities, holding on to the ball too long and taking stupid sacks.

I really think the bottom line is that we can count, on one hand, how many players out of 53 were consistently good last year. Tyrod isn't even close to being one of them, and when a team has an inconsistent QB whose only consistency is in making rookie mistakes, then that's bad.

Three words. Le Sean McCoy.

Shady was a big part of the offense no doubt......but you cannot say that the offense was productive and then discount the QB of the offense....that is like saying the snake doesnt need his head to be productive.

QB gets his share of credit for offensive production.....offense was 7th when Tyrod was on the field and 10 when he was not......is our offense going to be better then 10th if a 300 yard 2 interception passer is on the field throwing to street free agents?

No....it isnt

Shady was a big part of the offense no doubt......but you cannot say that the offense was productive and then discount the QB of the offense....that is like saying the snake doesnt need his head to be productive.

QB gets his share of credit for offensive production.....offense was 7th when Tyrod was on the field and 10 when he was not......is our offense going to be better then 10th if a 300 yard 2 interception passer is on the field throwing to street free agents?

No....it isn't

True... Shady DID need someone to hand him off the ball... :lol:

True... Shady DID need someone to hand him off the ball... :lol:

and not turn the ball over

and also RUN the ball giving an extra element tot h offense

and also score the ball on his own

and he did in fact have a high qbr on the passes that he did throw

All this talk about how TT had nothing do with this offense just makes people look foolish...the offense was a collective effort

No....it isnt

Alao - the Bills are something like 0-5 (or 1-5) with Tyrod out of the lineup, and something like 3-2 with McCoy out of the lineup (I can't remember the exact record, if someone cares to look it up).

Plus McCoy only had less than 900 yards and 3 total touchdowns in 2015, and the offense was still top 12 in points.

Obviously McCoy was a huge part of the offense, especially in 2016, but I still think Tyrod played a bigger part than some give him credit for. The offense definitely did not look as good when Tyrod wasn't playing (in both 2015 and 2016).

Maybe some other QB besides EJ/Cardale could step in and run the offense as efficiently as Tyrod, but I have my doubts since the Bills have had many random QBs under center since Jim Kelly retired and none have had the offense scoring as efficiently as Tyrod has. This is the best offense the Bills have had in decades, and I have to give Tyrod some credit for that.

And I don't buy that it's solely just the rushing attack, because EJ had the #2 rushing offense in the NFL in 2013, yet they were like 25th in points.

Alao - the Bills are something like 0-5 (or 1-5) with Tyrod out of the lineup, and something like 3-2 with McCoy out of the lineup (I can't remember the exact record, if someone cares to look it up).

Plus McCoy only had less than 900 yards and 3 total touchdowns in 2015, and the offense was still top 12 in points.

Obviously McCoy was a huge part of the offense, especially in 2016, but I still think Tyrod played a bigger part than some give him credit for. The offense definitely did not look as good when Tyrod wasn't playing (in both 2015 and 2016).

Maybe some other QB besides EJ/Cardale could step in and run the offense as efficiently as Tyrod, but I have my doubts since the Bills have had many random QBs under center since Jim Kelly retired and none have had the offense scoring as efficiently as Tyrod has. This is the best offense the Bills have had in decades, and I have to give Tyrod some credit for that.

And I don't buy that it's solely just the rushing attack, because EJ had the #2 rushing offense in the NFL in 2013, yet they were like 25th in points.

EJ Manuel is terrible. Just because Tyrod can beat EJ doesn't make him this incredible piece.

That's not at all what I said...

You did say with Tyrod in the lineup and without like this team is all that with him in it and stunk without him. The depth behind him just makes him better because they are sooooooo bad. Just adding my 2 cents

That's not at all what I said...

I didn't want to address 2013 to 2016 because there are way too many variables. Suffice it to say that the Bills added Sammy Watkins, Ritchie Incognito, John Miller, Lesean McCoy, one of the NFL's best run game coordinators, and a starter in TT who can provide marginal starter QB play.

Edited by jeffismagic

and not turn the ball over

and also RUN the ball giving an extra element tot h offense

and also score the ball on his own

and he did in fact have a high qbr on the passes that he did throw

All this talk about how TT had nothing do with this offense just makes people look foolish...the offense was a collective effort

I don't GAF what your defense is like, John... If your QB isn't passing, he is NOT helping... I'm glad he's here... He's a fabulous backup... But that's it. -Feel free to keep cheering his 179 yard passing games.