QB TJ Yates Visited the Bills and now Signed to a Deal

Can't let him go after one season. He was a developmental prospect when drafted. There's no way you can tell yet if he can do anything.

i agree with that but it sounded like there was issues with Jones not taking things seriously last year. If that's the case I can see McDermott not putting up with it. It's not like he was a 1st or 2nd round pick.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with that but it sounded like there was issues with Jones not taking things seriously last year. If that's the case I can see McDermott not putting up with it. It's not like he was a 1st or 2nd round pick.

That's news to me...link?

If Yates is brought in we are not drafting a qb high

Taylor, Yates, early QB, and Cardale?

That scenario doesn't seem out of the question. Would be an intense competition for backup.

He's Better than EJ that's for sure. He has played under Dennison so that is a plus. There isn't much out there as FA QB. I have a feeling we will Draft Chad Kelly with a 6th and put him on the Practice Roster. No one will pick up Kelly and Put him on their active roster. He needs a lot of work.

I actually heard it was quite the opposite.....it is just that C. Jones was so raw to begin with

Yeah. I don't remember hearing any questions about his work ethic. He does have a reputation for joking around/having a good time, but I felt like that was generally regarded in a positive light.

That's news to me...link?

Taylor, Yates, early QB, and Cardale?

That scenario doesn't seem out of the question. Would be an intense competition for backup.

i remember hearing Sal on wgr say that he was going back and fourth to Ohio during the season a lot and maybe not putting in the work that a serious QB puts in. I don't have a link because it was on the radio. It made me think maybe the new staff wasn't as excited about him as a prospect after hearing some of that stuff. I'm not in the building so I obviously can't say that I know what the guys like for sure. But my guess is if we draft a QB this year, McDermott must not like jones. I guess we will see.

i remember hearing Sal on wgr say that he was going back and fourth to Ohio during the season a lot and maybe not putting in the work that a serious QB puts in. I don't have a link because it was on the radio. It made me think maybe the new staff wasn't as excited about him as a prospect after hearing some of that stuff. I'm not in the building so I obviously can't say that I know what the guys like for sure. But my guess is if we draft a QB this year, McDermott must not like jones. I guess we will see.

his youngest child has some issues and he was here a lot. Child's mother is still a student and won't move the (2) kids.

his youngest child has some issues and he was here a lot. Child's mother is still a student and won't move the (2) kids.

im not judging the guy. I actually would have probably been okay with him being in the running for starting this year. All I was saying was there seemed to be a tone from Sal that maybe the Bills don't think he's ready to be the backup. Not saying it's right, not saying it's wrong.

im not judging the guy. I actually would have probably been okay with him being in the running for starting this year. All I was saying was there seemed to be a tone from Sal that maybe the Bills don't think he's ready to be the backup. Not saying it's right, not saying it's wrong.

i realize that and was just adding context

You don't grab garbage when you don't have a franchise QB.

Let's assume they grab a rookie QB. Now you have someone who's familiar with Dennison's offense in camp to teach your vet, your project, and your rookie QB the system. If he completely sucks or if your rookie might get swiped from the PS you cut ties. Unless you think teaching 4 QBs, including 2 rookies, from scratch is a better option, where's the downside? There's not franchise QB floating around in FA, so no one else that you bring in is going to be the answer, either.

Let's assume they grab a rookie QB. Now you have someone who's familiar with Dennison's offense in camp to teach your vet, your project, and your rookie QB the system. If he completely sucks or if your rookie might get swiped from the PS you cut ties. Unless you think teaching 4 QBs, including 2 rookies, from scratch is a better option, where's the downside? There's not franchise QB floating around in FA, so no one else that you bring in is going to be the answer, either.

Better option is always the unknown... You don't grab a guy you know won't take you anywhere. If Tyrod gets hurt a rookie should be the next man up.

Dennison was Tyrod's QB coach for a year, more recently than Yates was in the system. He's still familiar with some of the concepts.

If Yates is brought in we are not drafting a qb high

Haha. Why? If TJ Yates prevents you from doing anything, people need to be fired. Bring in a scrub like Yates, draft a rookie high, and have an open competition at camp.

Jones is a complete lottery ticket. I expect nothing of him and he was a guy had a good couple of games in college. Anything more is a bonus. That said, I don't mind that pick in the slightest.

Better option is always the unknown... You don't grab a guy you know won't take you anywhere. If Tyrod gets hurt a rookie should be the next man up.

Let's say the Bills are contending for a playoff spot late in the season and Tyrod gets dinged and is out for a game or two... still feel the unknown is a better option?

Let's say the Bills are contending for a playoff spot late in the season and Tyrod gets dinged and is out for a game or two... still feel the unknown is a better option?

TJ Yates has a 72 qb rating and 6 tds to 8 INTs for his career. Give me the unproven guy.