Masters thread, anyone?

eball

Lefty just began his round with an eagle at #2 and birdie at #4...

Looks like DJ will play despite falling down the stairs yesterday and injuring his back...luckily he has the last tee time this afternoon.

Great tribute to Arnie this morning.

Storm here knocked out my cable, phone and internet last night. AT&T has graciously agreed to try to come out Saturday between 1-4:00pm for a 2-4 hour service call. Looks like this thread may be my "Masters connection".

Actually, I have DirecTV too for Bills games and backup, but only on one TV and that's on a circuit breaker that also got fried last night, so I don't know if it works until I get the breaker replaced. Oh, and a smoke detector chirped from 2:00am until I went out for a replacement 9 volt backup battery about 5:30am. Not a good start to Masters week four me..... :(

...and now I'll take a brief nap.....

Storm here knocked out my cable, phone and internet last night. AT&T has graciously agreed to try to come out Saturday between 1-4:00pm for a 2-4 hour service call. Looks like this thread may be my "Masters connection".

I hope that storm wasn't widespread or the officiating pool for the Masters will be dangerously small.

Went to the practice round on Tuesday. Incredible place! If you ever have a chance to go - DO NOT turn it down!!

NO KIDDING! The thing that surprised me the most was the elevation changes in the terrain which I never fully appreciated on TV.

After almost 4 hours of kindness, a tennis buddy/electrician friend has me back with power....and cable for the Masters! Yay!

Dustin Johnson is withdrawing because he hurt himself doing some crazy thing with Paulina Gretzky... I mean, "fell down his stairs"

Were they playing "Teacher"? (The game formerly known as "Doctor"?)

I hope your din't get them all DQ'd!!! I'm hoping to watch some golf this weekend!

Ha! ;-) Just don't indulge on Sunday or all the King's men will come for you!

I still don't think anybody is really emailing. I betcha they knew right away what Lexi did... It's a game of Kings, don't cause a scene, investigate, take their time...

https://www.highlandtitles.com/2014/09/golf-the-game-of-kings/

"...One of the earliest references to golf we can find is an act of parliament by the Scottish king, James II in 1457 curbing the popularity of the game. He wanted all citizens to practise their archery instead. If you were caught indulging in golf or football on a Sunday you could find yourself arrested by the kings soldiers.

James IV, king of Scotland had a different view. Although he still discouraged golf as a public pastime, he sneakily bought himself set of golf clubs from a bow maker in Perth, in 1502. This was the last British monarch to have been killed in battle, defeated by Henry VIIIs army at the Battle of Flodden Field. No doubt James IV was not focused on the battle at all, but practising his golf swing using a halberd. No wonder he lost. (That probably didnt happen..."

And I love Freddie Couples 3 back!

I caught a little bit of Fred after work today and was loving it. But I was also sitting there wondering what it must be like caddy for a guy like that.

What the hell can any caddy possibly tell Fred Couples about Augusta that he didn't already know 10 years ago?!

You'd probably just end up walking around all day saying "Nice shot, sir" :lol:

I caught a little bit of Fred after work today and was loving it. But I was also sitting there wondering what it must be like caddy for a guy like that.

What the hell can any caddy possibly tell Fred Couples about Augusta that he didn't already know 10 years ago?!

You'd probably just end up walking around all day saying "Nice shot, sir" :lol:

I'd sign up for four days of that!

I watched some of the 4K offerings on Direct TV. Beautiful.

Bummed about Jordan

Yet congratulations to Sergio Garcia

This may have been his last chance since he's so close to 40.

What's up with the Star's dumping Ruff? That guy goes to Vegas I bet.

Edited by Dante

America needs to win this. I turned over to see the final end hoping it'd be over and 60 minutes would be on. The last hit was so over the top sensational it bordered on weak. Golf is fun to watch when they can just let them show the guys. When they try to build drama and anxiety up in the announcing and broadcast it gets laughable.

America needs to win this. I turned over to see the final end hoping it'd be over and 60 minutes would be on. The last hit was so over the top sensational it bordered on weak. Golf is fun to watch when they can just let them show the guys. When they try to build drama and anxiety up in the announcing and broadcast it gets laughable.

I'm guessing you don't really follow professional golf very much. This was a great story; those of us who follow the game (and particularly the major tournaments) have basically watched Sergio grow up on tour. He went from being the "next best thing" when he challenged Tiger at the PGA in '99 to what many considered a "failure" (ridiculous) because he could never get it done in a major despite having a very successful career (including solid performances in the Ryder Cup).

We've seen the Sergio who could barely swing a club because of his grip/re-grip tic to a young man who has matured and finally put it all together on the biggest stage. It was awesome and I'm very happy for him.

I'm guessing you don't really follow professional golf very much. This was a great story; those of us who follow the game (and particularly the major tournaments) have basically watched Sergio grow up on tour. He went from being the "next best thing" when he challenged Tiger at the PGA in '99 to what many considered a "failure" (ridiculous) because he could never get it done in a major despite having a very successful career (including solid performances in the Ryder Cup).

We've seen the Sergio who could barely swing a club because of his grip/re-grip tic to a young man who has matured and finally put it all together on the biggest stage. It was awesome and I'm very happy for him.

And his fiance is SMOKING hot! :w00t: