No Gilmore, No Woods, No Brown, No Chance

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a passing league. QB is all that matters, unless everything else is AMAZING. Tyrod is a backup QB, who won't lose you the game but won't win you it either. Of course we have holes, so do every other team, but until we get a QB that isn't bottom tier, it's reality.

Yes I know Tyrod is our best option going into the year.

The only thing to do is blackout every Sunday and take an Uber home... oh wait

Though you may be right, its not because woods, brown and gilmore left. Woods will hurt the most as of right now, but the other 2 I'm not worried too much about. Gilmore is good, but not worth the crazy money he got. Brown really isn't that good, fans just liked the story.

Completely agree. Woods will be missed the most out of those three but I'm not going to lose any sleep over Brown or Gilmore. We do need to find a way to trade back and get additional pics so we can find some young lb's and cb's.

Gilmore was an inevitable loss, but not irreplaceable. IMO, Darby is every bit the CB, and Seymour may very well step up, too. He certainly showed promise last season.

But, Woods, and Brown? Absolutely replaceable.

I'm definitely a "glass half full" guy. But, it's usually half full of sh*t.

Woods and Brown - 100% replaceable with who we already have. The McDermott > Rex effect on our defense will counteract any difference Gilmore made IMO losing his talent however will sting

We sucked with Gilmore, Woods, and Brown and we'll suck without them too. And yes, the team is headed to the 5-7 win mark even if they hit on a few draft picks.

Is it sad to live thinking that way? :)

No Rex. They have a very good chance at making the playoffs.

Weren't we just going because we got Rex?

We lost a top flight corner, a solid WR that didn't have depth behind him and a good lb in a scheme that needs lbs

Rex had his shortcomings - no doubt.

But so will McD some days as a rookie coach, there's a new scheme to learn/fit and our 53 needs a pretty excellent draft to break even in talent

Much like last year I'd expect, 7 to 9 wins with a higher chance 5 than 11 if things go unexpectedly (i.e. The wheels come off with injuries or dissent before hitting a real incredible hot streak)

Weren't we just going because we got Rex?

We lost a top flight corner, a solid WR that didn't have depth behind him and a good lb in a scheme that needs lbs

Rex had his shortcomings - no doubt.

But so will McD some days as a rookie coach, there's a new scheme to learn/fit and our 53 needs a pretty excellent draft to break even in talent

Much like last year I'd expect, 7 to 9 wins with a higher chance 5 than 11 if things go unexpectedly (i.e. The wheels come off with injuries or dissent before hitting a real incredible hot streak)

I just want to see a disciplined team that will hold onto a shoe string tackle with their gall darn teeth if they have to

Edited by John from Hemet

I just want to see a disciplined team that will hold onto a shoe string tackle with their gall darn teeth if they have to

And you might see it. Odds are you'll also see one that lets more WRs run free and struggles to find an effective passing game too depending on how guys step up. a team that struggles to pass and stop the pass won't be 11 plus wins... but there's a long way til September and that sentiment could change based on additions and how guys step up.

Hopefully the front four help the back 7 a lot more and tyrod can catch lightning in a bottle a few times. And we stay real healthy.

Edited by NoSaint

Gilmore was an inevitable loss, but not irreplaceable. IMO, Darby is every bit the CB, and Seymour may very well step up, too. He certainly showed promise last season.

But, Woods, and Brown? Absolutely replaceable.

I'm definitely a "glass half full" guy. But, it's usually half full of sh*t.

Yes, Gilmore is quite replaceable, despite what he thinks.

The Bills right now are a 5-11 football team, especially with he schedule they have. Even if they keep the rest of their players, you know half of them end up not playing due to injuries. They need to trade down and get as many picks as possible and all of them contribute to even have a chance at 8-8. Exciting.

thanks for showing all of us your lack of talent analysis skills. as far as your post title goes, gilmore was as good as a crap in the pants. woods was a great #2 which wont kill us and brown was raglands fill-in, we will have ragland now so your post is really "woods is gone how can we replace a #2?"

its called the draft.

At first I was like, ... and then i was like,.......

... in the end, cool thoughts

never post again commie

The losses are not devastating. The team has picked up solid players. The draft has to bring in 3 starters which is why drafting a QB is not in first 3 rounds will not happen. Look for a guy like Kaaya in the 4th round. More optimistic and see the possibility of a 9-7 season.