Mets fans?

Another Fan

On 3/24/2018 at 12:50 PM, Another Fan said:

Just heard the news Wheeler won't be in the starting rotation.  I remember thinking about 5 years ago now he was going to really be promising.  Hope Triple A helps.  

I kind of figured this would happen after the Nats smoked him last thursday..he was looking good for a bit...but he started thinking to much again.

8 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

@Gugny and @Tierlifer So you guys like Conforto in CF? I know that he's held his own out there, but I prefer him in LF or RF.  

But I agree with Gug, I love Lagares in CF,  just frustrated the switch hasn't turned on for him at the plate yet.

For what offense he brings to the table , he can work in CF even though he’s not a good glover out there was my thinking. Honestly all the metric sites have him ranked as an average CF or a very very slight tick below at worst in CF. 

I too wish Lagares would have made that next jump. What a frustrating player. Such poor plate discipline and just cant get on base. Even when he does he has no base stealing ability either. Unfortunately he’s a 5th outfielder at this point in his career and it was one of the few Sandy contracts given our way to early. I miss old Juan!

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Well gents..100% chance of rain on thursday.

Oh the irony of your screename and your post! I am hearing mid 50's and afternoon showers possibly but not an all day soaker. Oh well...looks like it will be a wait and see. 

I agree Gugny but I do see why they do it. It might come into play this year but you know the Wilpons do everything they can to play. That means get all those fans in the stadium, parked, spending money during a 3 hour delay only to call it off and send them home while they count the tills and see $$ in their eyes. 

15 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

Oh the irony of your screename and your post! I am hearing mid 50's and afternoon showers possibly but not an all day soaker. Oh well...looks like it will be a wait and see. 

I agree Gugny but I do see why they do it. It might come into play this year but you know the Wilpons do everything they can to play. That means get all those fans in the stadium, parked, spending money during a 3 hour delay only to call it off and send them home while they count the tills and see $$ in their eyes. 

I'm seeing a less than 50% chance of rain between 2p-5p.  Let's play some ball!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Blast from the past, the George Bamberger days.

Opening Day 36 years ago.  I liked some of the fans creative ways then of getting in the stadium 

Wow, where to start? A Pinto, the guy peeing on the fence, "The Magic Is Back", a Kingman HR, the powder blue away unis...best part was Mookies double. That was also George Fosters first game as a Met.

27 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

This is the baseball I grew up knowing and loving. Playing small ball and executing. Like Keith would say, "The Fundies."

Small ball rules.  I love it.

I was lucky enough to have an employee provide me with his mlb.tv login/password, so I've been watching the game in my office.

Thor finishes with 10Ks in 6 IP.  Gsellman just came in and struck out the side in the 7th.  13Ks for the Mets through 7.  Yeah, baby.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Small ball rules.  I love it.

I was lucky enough to have an employee provide me with his mlb.tv login/password, so I've been watching the game in my office.

Thor finishes with 10Ks in 6 IP.  Gsellman just came in and struck out the side in the 7th.  13Ks for the Mets through 7.  Yeah, baby.

I'm typing up a paper for school right now and watching it on my phone via the NBC Sports App. This is what  Is what I like to see. 

Well today began on a REALLY sad note with the passing of Trusty Rusty. Boy that man could handle a bat! Laugh angle my ass! But as the day went on and the Mets game unraveled it quickly put a smile on this big Met fans fans face. 

Today: 15 K's and only 1 walk...1!!! By the Mets pitchers. Incredible.

Mets today 9 Runs 9 Walks 7 singles 2 doubles zero homers !  

Obviously it's only 1 game of a marathon but that was GREAT!! 

LGM!

1 hour ago, Tierlifer said:

Well today began on a REALLY sad note with the passing of Trusty Rusty. Boy that man could handle a bat! Laugh angle my ass! But as the day went on and the Mets game unraveled it quickly put a smile on this big Met fans fans face. 

Today: 15 K's and only 1 walk...1!!! By the Mets pitchers. Incredible.

Mets today 9 Runs 9 Walks 7 singles 2 doubles zero homers !  

Obviously it's only 1 game of a marathon but that was GREAT!! 

LGM!

Aggressive, but smart, on the bases.  Manufactured runs, instead of waiting for the long ball.  Nice National League baseball executed perfectly.

• Like (+1) 1