Radio Buzz in Denver about trading up with Buffalo

I would for sure do that trade.

I would too UNLESS you loved one player and they were there at 10.

Absent getting Adams or Hooker at 10, trading down to the late teens / early 20s, getting a 2nd and more and being able to still get one of Williams / Davis / Ross is my preferred draft.

Yes, I would be very pleased with both options. That would involve the PERFECT storm!

Go Bills!

Absent getting Adams or Hooker at 10, trading down to the late teens / early 20s, getting a 2nd and more and being able to still get one of Williams / Davis / Ross is my preferred draft.

Yes, I would be very pleased with both options. That would involve the PERFECT storm!

Go Bills!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of talk about him being a RB / slot WR / KR hybrid. It increases his value greatly as he's very strong in the passing game. No one believe he's the type of player to get 20+ touches lined up at RB.

Hybrid, also does STs, also does gadget plays are 3 things that usually don't live up to a top 20 pick. It's rare that they do.

He is Danny Woodhead

Danny Woodhead in his youth isn't worth a first, IMO

In theory, I would do it in a heartbeat. The difficulty comes in when you're sitting there at #10 and no QB has been selected, or Hooker has slipped or the WR that you covet most is still there. Then it is a bit harder to bite the bullet and trade back.

Agreed....sort of. If Hooker, all QBs and all WRs are there unless you love one over all the rest you trade back. But, those aren't all going to be there at 10.

In theory, I would do it in a heartbeat. The difficulty comes in when you're sitting there at #10 and no QB has been selected, or Hooker has slipped or the WR that you covet most is still there. Then it is a bit harder to bite the bullet and trade back.

Agreed....sort of. If Hooker, all QBs and all WRs are there unless you love one over all the rest you trade back. But, those aren't all going to be there at 10.

I hear ya, but they'd have to love him a whole lot! For all that?????

Meh, love the player vs a couple of shots. If you love someone at 10 overall then you are thinking a playmaking 10 year career minimum IMO. You don't pass that up.

Depends where you rank that player vs all players in other drafts. And, vs all players at the same positions in other drafts.

Edited by Manther

My sister lives in Denver, and says all the talk is about McCaffery. Granted, this is all sports radio talk which is meaningless, but the Broncos have the 20th spot. Using the draft value chart, a swap could get us the 20th pick, a 2nd rounder, a 4th rounder, and maybe a 4th rounder in next year's draft.

Would you do it?

In a half a heartbeat...Then I'd take Mahomes at #20... B-)

My sister lives in Denver, and says all the talk is about McCaffery. Granted, this is all sports radio talk which is meaningless, but the Broncos have the 20th spot. Using the draft value chart, a swap could get us the 20th pick, a 2nd rounder, a 4th rounder, and maybe a 4th rounder in next year's draft.

Would you do it?

Yeah. But there's not likely to be any 4th rounder in next year's draft. It'd be for the 20th, their 2nd and 4th. Unless someone is absolutely desperate, and that's not how Elway operates.

Still, I'd take that.

Edited by Thurman#1

Elway has also been horrendous at drafting offensive linemen, as they've had a porous offensive line for years- something we take for granted in Buffalo even though half the people on here still think we have a bad offensive line. Also, it's always so easy and chic on here to say "trade down" regardless of the situation but in this particular draft, there's gonna be a hell of a player sitting there at 10.

My thought too. If that huge impact player is there you have to take him.

Iv'e always wondered how much dialogue goes on between Teams pre draft working out some scenarios and when to call and then when to pick up the phone.

And then I wonder the details of the chess match on Draft days.

I personally like watching the Draft so it is rather fun to entertain such notions, although perhaps a pinch far fetched and a bit fantastic

Yea, maybe a bit fantastic but I would bet teams really wanting to move up in the draft contact the appropriate teams before the draft and make their intentions known. That may be the jist of it until the draft actually unfolds but I could see it going one step further and working out terms then just need a phone call confirmation as the spot comes up. That way the team willing to trade back knows what they have in their pocket.

I vote against trading down.

I want Whaley to focus on getting the team one quarter versus trying to get it right with two dimes and the nickel.

Plus, I'd never give an AFC competitor a Top 10 pick.

Wha? You'd gladly give an AFC team a #1 pick if you think it will benefit your team more than not doing the trade.

This draft only has a handful of sure things, and I think they're Garrett, Adams and Hooker. Outside of that you just aren't going to see a ton of teams wanting to move up because after those dudes there are lots of A minus and B+ prospects.

I get the sense from looking at other teams sites that there's a glut of teams that want to move back and one or two willing to move up. Some years it's even, but this one feels different.

Don't forget, Dareus was the first guy anybody accurately predicted we'd take in round one since the Bruce pick 30 years ago. So whoever you think we're taking this year, it's not him.

I would do it of course but I think you should change the thread title since it's just radio talk and they aren't actually looking to trade up for him

Probably a lot more substance than LaConjecture's posts and more true than "Brady traded to Bills" post.

Where are you requests to change title in those?

P.S. Mods can change they want to when they want to protect racists owners like Washington's.

It's a guide, not law.

There was someone who did in depth analysis on the chart and found it vastly overvalues high picks and vastly undervalues 2nd 3rd and 4th round picks. He actually posted a chart that "should",be used by teams based on analytics and reality and it looked nothing like that chart

Edited by matter2003