Bills hire Talent Consultant to improve public image

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This smells like a Russ Brandon move to me.

I disagree. This is a move that Russ would never make. This move adds a voice to the mix , in addition Russ likes to control the narrative coming from 1 bills drive. This move puts some of that in another persons hands. Connect the dots. They hired a new pr guy a month ago. This is his first hire . A smart move by the pegs

Doug, I have been doing lots of thinking about ways we can improve your public image. It seems as if Bills fans do not like you much so here's what to do...

1. start winning! making the playoffs would help

2. If you can't do number 1 then resigning if definitely gonna work.

OK we are done here, exactly where do I pick up my $250,000?

I think the Pegs wants to end the Dumpster Fire stuff. Weather it is true or not . Having a strong PR team in place will help. The days of having everything run through Brandon's hands are over. They fired Scott B and now are bringing professionals .

This is literally an episode of Arrested Devlopment.

Based on the guy's picture:

B-nGF28J_400x400.jpg

And tweets:

Get out of your own way: A negative attitude makes you a clog in the machinery of life instead of a cog. #DominateLife

I'm gonna say this is 100% accurate

I've said this before in other threads about the poor public speaking skills of Terry. Whales has the same sort of disadvantage. There are professional speaking coaches. There are media companies that specialize in training CEOs and other top executives in developing their public speaking skills. Terry needs this badly. Whales would benefit greatly from it too. Sounds like the entire FO is going to get grooved in how to present messages to the public. It's a skill that has been ignored for too long, and it's about as important as finding the right QB to lead the team. IMHO.

Based on the guy's picture:

B-nGF28J_400x400.jpg

And tweets:

I'm gonna say this is 100% accurate

Is this for real--did he tweet this?:

"Get out of your own way: A negative attitude makes you a clog in the machinery of life instead of a cog. #DominateLife"

I've said this before in other threads about the poor public speaking skills of Terry. Whales has the same sort of disadvantage. There are professional speaking coaches. There are media companies that specialize in training CEOs and other top executives in developing their public speaking skills. Terry needs this badly. Whales would benefit greatly from it too. Sounds like the entire FO is going to get grooved in how to present messages to the public. It's a skill that has been ignored for too long, and it's about as important as finding the right QB to lead the team. IMHO.

terry should just have Kim do the talking

Didn't they just fire Scott Bertchold as Head of Communications and hire Derek Boyko?

So if we have a new head of PR - why are we bringing in a PR coach? Seems unnecessary.

PR and VP of communication are different, as is what Matalon will be working on which is public image. It's a multi billion dollar company, it's ok to invest in more vs less.

No, it doesn't win games, but the owners want to improve in all areas. Seriously, for those with a negative reaction - what is the downside?

Edited by YoloinOhio

Is this for real--did he tweet this?:

"Get out of your own way: A negative attitude makes you a clog in the machinery of life instead of a cog. #DominateLife"

Yup his whole twitter account is like that.

https://twitter.com/GerryMatalon

No matter what part of life you pursue, if you study the part, act the part & look the part, you #improve your chance to stand apart.

#DominateLife

Guest NeckBeard

This is stoopid. I don't care if DW yells "SEND IN THE GIMP" at every press conference so long as this team can have winning seasons for the foreseeable future. Also, most of the Bills' fans I grew up with are way more moderate than most of the stuff I read on Bills-related message boards. This seems like a knee jerk from ownership, oh, and the press sucks even more than any actual Buffalo Bills squad. So there is that.

Edited by NeckBeard

PR and VP of communication are different, as is what Matalon will be working on which is public image. It's a multi billion dollar company, it's ok to invest in more vs less.

No, it doesn't win games, but the owners want to improve in all areas. Seriously, for those with a negative reaction - what is the downside?

Oh, but it easier to poo poo and jump up and down a scream "win more games" and ""we need a QB" and "17 years!"