RGIII as a back-up?

I was in the pre FA group that wanted a QB high in the draft. I now think that WR, CB, and S are much bigger holes to fill. Would you be opposed to RGIII as a back-up on close to vet min? Think he resembles Tyrod's game enough that he could fill in for a game or two. With him being so injury prone, I think a back-up role would suit him much better

I'm not asking for RG3, but he does fit the skill set of Tyrod. If he went down during a game, RG3 would probably be able to cary out the game plan better then Jones. If you tell me the alternative is Jones? Then il take RG3 as the 2. If you go out and sign a vet backup that can actually be an effective accurate passer, then il take that guy.

Mike Shannahan ruined him..

...his 12 7/8 hat size and Daddy RG meddling ruined himself...lipstick on his ass was his own as humility or game respect was NOT in this clown's vocabulary.......Boy Danny's creation was figured out in one year......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

How about Capernick? He's tall and has a good arm. I dont like the kneeling thing but he's good.

...Casper-Nick?....not a chance,,,,,,DC 's figured him out in one year as they did with RG II 1/4...he enjoyed success too early on and tats 'n poses became his focus...he lost sight of the football game being his priority period...don't give a rat's ass about his politics.....b ut when guys like Barkley or Sanchez are getting signed and neither Casper or RG having any invites, the message should be pretty clear IMO....

I get the argument for bringing in one of these guys to back up TT because they have similar skillsets. If we choose to go that route, I'd prefer Kap. More durable and has a bigger body of better work, even if it hasn't been stellar the past three years.

Chase Daniel, Christian Ponder, or Matt McGloin.

They are who we should look at.

I get the argument for bringing in one of these guys to back up TT because they have similar skillsets. If we choose to go that route, I'd prefer Kap. More durable and has a bigger body of better work, even if it hasn't been stellar the past three years.

I'd go with these four. There are lots of QB projects out there. I'm sure Rick's got a QB in his mind. What if Brock becomes available? xD