Changes coming to Bills front office?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right except for when all qbs in the competition get equal reps with the ones.

but they really don't for long

The Bills team they took over was poised for playoffs in 2015 before the Pegulas got their "welcome to the NFL rookie" moment and hired Rex Ryan and his steaming trail of BS. That hire has set the franchise back and took away any momentum they had after the 2014 season.

As for the Sabres, it shouldn't take 7 years to rebuild a franchise.

You can appreciate the Pegulas for buying the Bills and Sabres and keeping them in buffalo, but they seem to have little to no knowledge of sports and it shows.

They are definitely trying.... they just don't seem to have a clue what they are doing.

2014 the Offense sucked

Whaley wanted Hue Jackson and Schwartz. He might not be a great GM but marketing won out over football guys in the RR hire.

Whaley has been noted by the media for entertaining Hue as the HC.

We all now know RR was a painful mistake. I agree Jeff, it did seem a marketing move to hire him

I'm aware, but the defense was tops in the league.... despite many here attempting to deflect blame from Rex(and the Rex hire) in saying how overrated that defense was.

That defense was fun to watch for sure. A couple big runs would get away from them for sure. But the front four were just killing it.

which made everyone look good. funny how that works

:thumbsup:

So awhile back I take it is two seasons ago with everyone learning a new O.

Myself Personally, I remember E J Manuel battling it out fairly well for the start.

Just my opinion...

I cant agree with you, I went to one and he looked awful on that particular day and it pains me to say it Tuel was throwing the rock with more accuracy and anticipation. As far as the other years all I have to go off is the reporters and it was daily ridicule of EJ.

That was last season.

He went into the 2014 season with EJ, Tuel and Palmer as his QBs before Orton was signed. Rex brought in Tyrod, not Whaley.

He's mostly ignored the most valuable position in the league. It's inexcusable.

How'd he do it? Sneak in the GM's office and send him a contract?

This is nonsense.

The collaborative approach is not a bad approach to take in this evaluative and judgmental type of business. The caveat is that everyone needs to be imbued with the same or similar line of reasoning. As long as there is a coherency within different segments of the organization then the collaborative approach is a good business model and environment to work within.

As you well know the problem is when there is a conflict between the factions (front office and coaching staff). That was clearly evident between the Ryan and Whaley factions. A franchise being tugged in different directions is a recipe for failure.

I get the sense that Pegula was instrumental in the hiring of McDermott as it was with the Rex hire. As an owner that is his right. But that doesn't mean that from an organizational standpoint it was the right approach to take. After the Ryan fiasco Pegula should have learned that the GM has to be enthusiastically on board with the coaching hire. If that isn't the case here then what does it tell you? It tells me that the owner doesn't think too highly what the GM really thinks. If that is the reality then it is an ominous sign for the GM's job status.

It's more of an ominous sign for the franchise. Owners who undercut their GM's (think Dan Snyder) pretty much guarantee ongoing confusion and a mess on the field.

It was reported by many that the reps were spread equally in tc, otas, and preseason, what are you talking about.

Once a team has decided who the QB reps are not spread equally what so ever. Seems to me the reps with the ones is pretty consistent to remain with the ones.

The open competition thing is fine till you find the starter.

we also had friends at camp reporting something different than the Tuel reports you took notice of.

And if you continually believe what was and is coming from the media well heaven help you : )

Might you think Cardale and Tyrod and the rookie wil get equal reps and focus this preseason? Honest question.

you seem to want to call me out for something.

Not trying to be harsh here.

Once a team has decided who the QB reps are not spread equally what so ever. Seems to me the reps with the ones is pretty consistent to remain with the ones.

The open competition thing is fine till you find the starter.

we also had friends at camp reporting something different than the Tuel reports you took notice of.

And if you continually believe what was and is coming from the media well heaven help you : )

Might you think Cardale and Tyrod and the rookie wil get equal reps and focus this preseason? Honest question.

you seem to want to call me out for something.

Not trying to be harsh here.

Every single reporter and person from the team stated they had equal reps including ej manuel himself.

Every single media person with a twitter account posted live during the qb comp and in no way shape or form was ej the front runner. Most insinuated he was dead last. No i have no reason to believe there will be a competition, there not even remotely the same situation. If we draft a rookie first rounder then there might be a competition.

Im telling you what i seen with my own two eyes, ej manuel skipped at least 3 balls anywhere between 4-10ish feet away from his wr that practice I went to. How many practices do you think the coach is going to waist on skipped passes before he realizes the kid isnt cut out to start and hes waisting valuable practices with team and its unfair to the team an organization to continue to waist away the practices with skipped balls, balls sailing away from the wrs, and balls being thrown the wrs? Not trying to be harsh here but at some point, the teams ability to practice how there going to play overrides some fans desire to watch a qb skip passes of the ground.

Tyrod was Rex's idea is my point.

I know this is commonly accepted, was this reported as such?

Rex pushing for Tyrod?

We have seen Whaley's competition against EJ Manuel - UDRFA Jeff Tuel, journeyman Practice Squader Thad Lewis, Dennis Dixon, traded for Matt Cassel, got outbid for Josh McCown, Tyrod Taylor and Cardale Jones.

I know this is commonly accepted, was this reported as such?

Rex pushing for Tyrod?

We have seen Whaley's competition against EJ Manuel - UDRFA Jeff Tuel, journeyman Practice Squader Thad Lewis, Dennis Dixon, traded for Matt Cassel, got outbid for Josh McCown, Tyrod Taylor and Cardale Jones.

Yes.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/27/mcdermott-touts-healthy-productive-conversations-whaley/

"Doug and I worked together on (free agency), we absolutely worked together on all of this," McDermott told The Buffalo News at the NFL meeting at the Arizona Biltmore. "Nobody does this alone. Nobody would be able to do what we did in free agency in being tactical and getting that number of players early on in the process alone.

"And Doug and I have had healthy conversations, productive conversations, and I look forward to doing that moving forward."

Edited by YoloinOhio

I am not sold at all on McDermott.

He talks about Andy Reid and "one voice".

Dude you're monotone and haven't won anything.

Also that wasn't much of a denial, we've had conversations, ok...

I feel like sniping at you but really dont know where to start. So just for simplicity - what did you want to say in this post ? McD should have won games without ever having been a HC ? That he should emote like Jack Nicholson to be truly called a good coach ? Nobody expects anybody to be 'sold' on a rookie HC till at least the second year.