Changes coming to Bills front office?

The collaborative approach is not a bad approach to take in this evaluative and judgmental type of business. The caveat is that everyone needs to be imbued with the same or similar line of reasoning. As long as there is a coherency within different segments of the organization then the collaborative approach is a good business model and environment to work within.

As you well know the problem is when there is a conflict between the factions (front office and coaching staff). That was clearly evident between the Ryan and Whaley factions. A franchise being tugged in different directions is a recipe for failure.

I get the sense that Pegula was instrumental in the hiring of McDermott as it was with the Rex hire. As an owner that is his right. But that doesn't mean that from an organizational standpoint it was the right approach to take. After the Ryan fiasco Pegula should have learned that the GM has to be enthusiastically on board with the coaching hire. If that isn't the case here then what does it tell you? It tells me that the owner doesn't think too highly what the GM really thinks. If that is the reality then it is an ominous sign for the GM's job status.

The Pegulas think they know more. They hired Rex and they fell for Sean, the faith-based wrestler. McDermott quickly realized he was Pegulas adopted son and now he is going to flex his muscles. I'm terrified.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, the narrative out of OBD in season was that Doug had assumed protected status by the Pegulas and they trusted him implicitly.

What does trusted implicitly mean? Wouldn't it mean more to trust someone explicitly by giving him more authority to make the coaching hire? Most often for this organization narratives don't reflect realities.

What does trusted implicitly mean? Wouldn't it mean more to trust someone explicitly by giving him more authority to make the coaching hire? Most often for this organization narratives don't reflect realities.

Is that not a phrase? I don't know what it means :lol:

The Pegulas think they know more. They hired Rex and they fell for Sean, the faith-based wrestler. McDermott quickly realized he was Pegulas adopted son and now he is going to flex his muscles. I'm terrified.

I'm not so much terrified as I am uncomfortable with how this situation played out. It's not so much that I have a problem with the hire as I do with the process. The owners didn't seem to learn from their first hiring experience.

Is that not a phrase? I don't know what it means :lol:

That phrase might mean it is a kiss of death? :lol:

I'm not so much terrified as I am uncomfortable with how this situation played out. It's not so much that I have a problem with the hire as I do with the process. The owners didn't seem to learn from their first hiring experience.

That phrase might mean it is a kiss of death? :lol:

The Pegulas have proven they have no plan, they are winging it. See the Sabres with the Pat Lafontaine and Ted Nolan being brought back during a rebuild.

And I continue to hear that new Bills coach Sean McDermott has growing cache with ownership and that team could be bringing in vice presidents and/or personnel figures with ties to the coach in the near future.

Panthers director of player personnel is someone particularly well thought of who could end up in Buffalo after the draft in one capacity or another. There are already rumblings that the marriage of McDermott and Bills Gm Doug Whaley likely isn’t built to last.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redskins-casting-wide-net-in-gm-search-that-might-ultimately-result-in-few-takers/

Don Gregory sounds like a future GM

ej was only in his second year in 2014, hard to give up on a first round pick after half a year. maybe they shouldnt have brought in orton. If ej would have played all year then ya the bills would haved sucked but atleast everyone would know for sure ej wasnt any good then they could have moved on sooner and would have had alot better draft pick. Instead we got orton and finished 9-7 cause marrone wanted to save face.

And again was whaley not gm when tyrod was added, then it was a move made by him.

Maybe the coaching staff and slew of people that were on the field daily didnt need to see EJ in a game setting to realize he wasnt good enough to be a starter. They do that with every player. Just because the fans didnt witness it doesnt make it any less likely. Everyone doesnt need to know (meaning the fans) witness him to make a decision on if he is a starter or not.

Maybe the coaching staff and slew of people that were on the field daily didnt need to see EJ in a game setting to realize he wasnt good enough to be a starter. They do that with every player. Just because the fans didnt witness it doesnt make it any less likely. Everyone doesnt need to know (meaning the fans) witness him to make a decision on if he is a starter or not.

A while back in a camp setting Howard Simon and Paul Hamilton from WGR both commented how stunned they were at EJ's inaccuracy in a practice setting. Sometimes you don't know how good a player is going to be until you see the player perform in real games. And sometimes you can come to a conclusive evaluation on a player from what you see in practice.

A while back in a camp setting Howard Simon and Paul Hamilton from WGR both commented how stunned they were at EJ's inaccuracy in a practice setting. Sometimes you don't know how good a player is going to be until you see the player perform in real games. And sometimes you can come to a conclusive evaluation on a player from what you see in practice.

When a WR doesn't run a crisp route you get the same result so practicing with 2nd and 3rd string players doesn't do the backup QB any favors in my humble opinion.

I like Whaley but offense side and lots of his drafts has not produce much talent. I know some say Sammy or trade for McCoy but who else on offense? He's really good finding bottom talent for team. But willing giving another year but it's make or break time for him. But if Bill's go for another GM this year I would not be mad.

Was there a photo of him? I saw him at a pro day also but not in Bills gear. Looked like an NFL hat and Nike jump suit. The guy he was standing with did have Bills gear on though.

He's aliiiiiive. They let him sit in the front row too! Next to a guy from BUFFALO!

Mark Dalton @CardsMarkD 39m39 minutes ago

And here's 2017 group photo of General Managers at @NFL Annual Meeting today at Arizona Biltmore

C78mhXoU8AAbffj.jpg
Edited by YoloinOhio

Right except for when all qbs in the competition get equal reps with the ones.

So awhile back I take it is two seasons ago with everyone learning a new O.

Myself Personally, I remember E J Manuel battling it out fairly well for the start.

Just my opinion...

Ron Rolston, Ted Nolan, Pat Lafontaine, Rex Ryan, Ted Nolan,Dan Bylsma.

These are Pegulas hires for their sports teams in Buffalo.

....yup....they took over two fledgling sports franchises and were supposed to orchestrate overnight turnarounds...next time your have a provocative thought, help us all and save it.....and here I thought BBMB closed up shop....Jesus................

....yup....they took over two fledgling sports franchises and were supposed to orchestrate overnight turnarounds...next time your have a provocative thought, help us all and save it.....and here I thought BBMB closed up shop....Jesus................

Batting 0 for 6 is not good.

Tim Murray's fate will be decided by next year and Mcdermott just started.