Why Not Kick the Can on Adrian Peterson

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I can be highly critical of Whaley and the Bills front office at times, but I do like what they have done so far and if this is the roster going into the draft, I would be okay with it. We do have some money to spend though and if we do not re-sign Zach Brown why not see if Adrian Peterson would be interested.

I would think at this point, both Brown and Peterson are getting one year deals with some incentives. I don't think the money would be a problem. We give Peterson a one year deal and if he is done we really don't have to worry about it going forward. I realize it would be hard to sell him on a deal with incentives with McCoy on the roster, but you could make those incentives weighted more towards the teams performance.

The thing is, if Peterson has at least one great year left in him, and I think he does, you would have easily one of the greatest single season running back duos of all-time. Mike Gillislee is nice, but he is not signed and he is not close to a healthy Adrian Peterson assuming Peterson has something left. Imagine spelling McCoy with Adrian Peterson and having defensive coordinators worrying about that. Also McCoy is always dinged up. He usually doesn't have major injuries, but he misses a game here or there and it would be nice to have another top back when that happens.

Why do I think this could work? I realize we have a new coaching staff, but I expect the Offense to be similar to last season. We have a great run offense and Peterson would still get a decent amount of carries. Peterson could be the short yardage back instead of Tolbert, who I don't think is a lock to make the roster anyways. The one thing I like about having an offense built to run the ball, is the defenses are built to stop the pass. I think having a 1-2 punch of Shady and AP, with proper coaching, could make this offense pretty tough to stop.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few reasons i can think of off the top of my head.

1 - he wants a ring.. he aint getting it here. He could go to NE, or GB or something and possibly get a ring.

2 - he'd want guaranteed money... we don't need to spend more money on backs we may or may not keep.

3 - I don't think he'd be much better than gillislee for a higher cap hit

4 - we have spent a ton of money on RBs already and don't need him.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Stop making threads just for the sake of hearing yourself talk. Not happening so why even do this?

I have less threads started than 95% of BBMB refugees and I've been here for years.

You are the thread dictator now? The topic is clearly stated in the title. If you are not interested, you don't have to read it.

...thought we were finally to the point where a guy like McCoach would craft an "on field" product to sell tickets instead of name infatuations....TO is looking for work......so sign him and AP, keeping the "Wrecks Ticket Circus" alive.......get your popcorn ready....not....

We already have 73 running backs. Why not add another, very expensive one?

because it would be cool as heck.

seriously. I would love to have him for one year as #2 to LeSean. He can catch too.

But it is just fantasy. Nothing says to me he or Bills would have interest in doing business

You are the thread dictator now? The topic is clearly stated in the title. If you are not interested, you don't have to read it.

I speak for the masses Jimbo.

Please do your best to ease yourself into the community. Read more than you post to start. It would be appreciated.

Edited by r00tabaga

...thought we were finally to the point where a guy like McCoach would craft an "on field" product to sell tickets instead of name infatuations....TO is looking for work......so sign him and AP, keeping the "Wrecks Ticket Circus" alive.......get your popcorn ready....not....

No sense of fun :nana:

I can be highly critical of Whaley and the Bills front office at times, but I do like what they have done so far and if this is the roster going into the draft, I would be okay with it. We do have some money to spend though and if we do not re-sign Zach Brown why not see if Adrian Peterson would be interested.

I would think at this point, both Brown and Peterson are getting one year deals with some incentives. I don't think the money would be a problem. We give Peterson a one year deal and if he is done we really don't have to worry about it going forward. I realize it would be hard to sell him on a deal with incentives with McCoy on the roster, but you could make those incentives weighted more towards the teams performance.

The thing is, if Peterson has at least one great year left in him, and I think he does, you would have easily one of the greatest single season running back duos of all-time. Mike Gillislee is nice, but he is not signed and he is not close to a healthy Adrian Peterson assuming Peterson has something left. Imagine spelling McCoy with Adrian Peterson and having defensive coordinators worrying about that. Also McCoy is always dinged up. He usually doesn't have major injuries, but he misses a game here or there and it would be nice to have another top back when that happens.

Why do I think this could work? I realize we have a new coaching staff, but I expect the Offense to be similar to last season. We have a great run offense and Peterson would still get a decent amount of carries. Peterson could be the short yardage back instead of Tolbert, who I don't think is a lock to make the roster anyways. The one thing I like about having an offense built to run the ball, is the defenses are built to stop the pass. I think having a 1-2 punch of Shady and AP, with proper coaching, could make this offense pretty tough to stop.

giphy.gif