Great article on our new WR value from Rumblings

Didn't see it elsewhere:

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/3/22/15020350/buffalo-bills-andre-holmes-philly-brown-jeremy-butler-free-agency-doug-whaley-49ers-marquise-goodwin

Here is a taste:

Soon after free agency began, Goodwin signed with the San Francisco 49ers. His deal with San Francisco compared to what Buffalo paid for Holmes, Brown, and Butler is fascinating.

San Francisco 49ers
Marquise Goodwin
2 years, $6 million
Average per year: $3 million

Buffalo Bills
Andre Holmes
3 years, $5.15 million
Average per year: $1.76 million

Philly Brown
1 year, $690,000
Average per year: $690,00

Jeremy Butler
1 year, $625,000
Annual per year: $625,000

Combined annual per year payments of Holmes, Brown, and Butler: $3.08 million

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think flash could be worth 3 mill a year with the right QB and offense....and if he stays healthy. He's a gamble for sure and I'm glad we didn't pay him 3 mill a year but he could pay off in the right situation if he can stay on the field

You have a bigger net cast with more players, sure. However, Goodwin had some very good games for us. Health was always a concern, but there is no doubting the kid was developing...

I wouldn't pay him 3 per, but in the same regard, I am in the minority that isn't anamored with our WR FA pick ups.

I thought we had in Goodwin what the Chiefs have in Tyreek Hill, too bad he never reach his potential, or maybe he was never properly utilize. But he need to be more durable, if he can´t be on the field whats the point on having him on the roster so thats why the Bills didn´t sign him back.

You have a bigger net cast with more players, sure. However, Goodwin had some very good games for us. Health was always a concern, but there is no doubting the kid was developing...

I wouldn't pay him 3 per, but in the same regard, I am in the minority that isn't anamored with our WR FA pick ups.

That means the 49ers will be paying, at least, a million per good game per year...

We have got worse at wr, no matter the excuses you want to make. If we trot the recievers on the field we currently have, I don't see how Tyrod is expected to exceed passing. We have a wr1 who has spent half his career on the bench...btw just had his 2nd foot surgery, along with 4-5 wr depth on other teams, yet people get excited about the signings. I didn't make that up, look at the wr we have signed and look at their spot on the depth chart for them with their teams. #4 and #5 recievers. Once again we have one of the worst wr core in the league. Please draft a wr at 10

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

Nobody knows if any of the dumpster diving WR's we signed this offseason will make an impactful contribution

All I know is over a 2 year span we lost Goodwin, Hogan, and Woods and replaced them with Holmes, Brown, and a bunch of nobodies

Meanwhile the Phins lost no-one and went out and upgraded their offense with the addition of Julius Thomas

Its hard not to be uber-jealous

I mean who team has the better receiving corps and is most likely to win 10 games plus next year?

jc

Edited by wilcoam

Nobody knows if any of the dumpster diving WR's we signed this offseason will make an impactful contribution

All I know is over a 2 year span we lost Goodwin, Hogan, and Woods and replaced them with Holmes, Brown, and a bunch of nobodies

Meanwhile the Phins lost no-one and went out and upgraded their offense with the addition of Julius Thomas

Its hard not to be uber-jealous

I mean who team has the better receiving corps and is most likely to win 10 games plus next year?

jc

#1 priority is keep Sammy on the field for at least 14 games.

#2 priority will be to draft a #2 wr hopefully Corey Davis @ 10.

#3 priority is keep Charles Clay healthy because he will be the 3rd outlet. After that it really doesn't matter who are remaining wr's are. Remember everyone we're running 60% of the time. Holmes will be a nice red zone pu....

I thought we had in Goodwin what the Chiefs have in Tyreek Hill, too bad he never reach his potential, or maybe he was never properly utilize. But he need to be more durable, if he can´t be on the field whats the point on having him on the roster so thats why the Bills didn´t sign him back.

This past season I couldn't understand why they kept running Goodwin on outs. Tyrod has a hard enough time hitting a bigger receiver with a larger catch radius. Trying to hit the smurf seemed impossible for him.