Zach Brown visiting Bills

I think he has more holes than a lot of Bills fans want to admit. He was a 2nd round pick that Tennessee was fine to let walk for nothing. He had a "pro bowl" season for us and we were fine letting him test the market.

His elite skill is speed. Given the way football is going, LBs are getting smaller and faster. They are different players but was ZB's impact last year better than Preston Brown's rookie year? I might argue that PB had a bigger impact but it is debatable. But given the cost of PB being a 3rd round rookie and ZB might cost to re-sign, there's no comparison.

Let him walk.

I think that you need both. Lorax is a situational pass rusher IMO. PB at SLB, Ragland at MLB. ZB at WLB. In McDermott's system it is imperative that you have speed at LB. if you can get ZB for $4M for example it is a no brainer IMO. That player will have A LOT of coverage responsibilities. Zach is a better fit in this defense than the system they played last year.

There are other options like trade a 5th or 6th for Kendricks. You can try to sign Gerald Hodges for cheap. There other options as well but Zach Brown is a really good fit in this defense.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that you need both. Lorax is a situational pass rusher IMO. PB at SLB, Ragland at MLB. ZB at WLB. In McDermott's system it is imperative that you have speed at LB. if you can get ZB for $4M for example it is a no brainer IMO. That player will have A LOT of coverage responsibilities. Zach is a better fit in this defense than the system they played last year.

There are other options like trade a 5th or 6th for Kendricks. You can try to sign Gerald Hodges for cheap. There other options as well but Zach Brown is a really good fit in this defense.

I just get the feeling like 4 mill isnt gonna do it.....Zach Brown is really weighing those options hoping someone throws in a free chicken dinner

I just can't shake the fact that Brown has looked outright soft at times year (for a football player). I suspect other team see that as well. His best stat is tackles, which is a pretty worthless stat when you get shredded on the ground.

I'd trade a 6th for Kendricks in a heartbeat. He would be motivate to prove himself. And ZB's effort wasn't consistent in a contract year. I could see him mailing it in if he got a multi year contract. JMO.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

I just get the feeling like 4 mill isnt gonna do it.....Zach Brown is really weighing those options hoping someone throws in a free chicken dinner

I'm not sure that $4M gets it done either. I am more talking to the "he's no good let him walk" crowd. He's a really good fit in McDermott's defense. He has1 elite skill and it happens to be a very important skill for the role that he would play with the Bills. If we still employed Rex's system I would be less inclined to sign him.

Haason Reddick?

I generally don't want a 1st round LB unless they are a special MLB (Luke or Willis) or a stud pass rusher. I just feel like if your d line sucks, it doesn't matter who your LBs are.

But Reddick is growing on me. And if it was between a hungry rookie like HR or a vet making $3 million more who has effort questions like ZB, give me the rookie all day.

I generally don't want a 1st round LB unless they are a special MLB (Luke or Willis) or a stud pass rusher. I just feel like if your d line sucks, it doesn't matter who your LBs are.

But Reddick is growing on me. And if it was between a hungry rookie like HR or a vet making $3 million more who has effort questions like ZB, give me the rookie all day.

at the end of the day......since McD appears to be running the show....this might be a real possibility

Just wish we had that one more impact offensive playmaker

Does Coach McD lose authority/power over Zach (and possibly other players) because of having to "bargin" with player?

It is one thing to bargin for money BUT a whole nother thing telling a coach where and when you will play.

Why do you think ZB is trying to "bargain" for a different role on the Bills? It seems to me he was told what his role would be, he said "no", and he moved on. Not any different than a player preferring to sign with a team where he has the opportunity to start.

As for the money he was offered by the Bills, we have no clue. All we know is he fired his agent and hired a new one. If an offer was still on the table, his new agent would be a fool not to have his client sit down with the Bills at least once more.

Why do you think ZB is trying to "bargain" for a different role on the Bills? It seems to me he was told what his role would be, he said "no", and he moved on. Not any different than a player preferring to sign with a team where he has the opportunity to start.

As for the money he was offered by the Bills, we have no clue. All we know is he fired his agent and hired a new one. If an offer was still on the table, his new agent would be a fool not to have his client sit down with the Bills at least once more.

Zach says "NO THANKS" to the role offered and walks away.

It is obvious he feels strongly about NOT PLAYING that ROLE.

But somehow (last resort) his new agent convinces him to take the money in B-Lo.

Do you REALLY want a guy here who has said publically several times that he does NOT want to play here, to come here just for the money?

If he comes back to "negotiate" again, will McD have to promise to play him differently to get him to sign?

To me, that is a NO WIN situation for the BILLS.

ZB might have talent but he does not want to "spend it here".

Either we get a player with a bad attitude or we have a player that pulled a powerplay on the coach.

I'm kinda over Zac Brown...plenty of talent that fit our scheme in the draft at a cheaper rate...if memory serves, Brown wasn't very good in the 4-3 D when he played for the Titans anyway...

He was PFFs highest rated LB in coverage against TEs his last year in Tennessee.

He was PFFs highest rated LB in coverage against TEs his last year in Tennessee.

Why wouldn't they want to resign him then? when we signed him, word was he was an underachiever in Tenn...when the D-line is attacking he couldn't shed blocks and make plays...however when they d-line is eating up blockers, like it did under Rex he was able to roam and make plays...however, in the new D our line is going to be attacking again...imo, I'm thinking perhaps it won't be the best fit for him and that's why McD said his role might not be what Brown wants.

Why wouldn't they want to resign him then? when we signed him, word was he was an underachiever in Tenn...when the D-line is attacking he couldn't shed blocks and make plays...however when they d-line is eating up blockers, like it did under Rex he was able to roam and make plays...however, in the new D our line is going to be attacking again...imo, I'm thinking perhaps it won't be the best fit for him and that's why McD said his role might not be what Brown wants.

they do want to re-sign him.

So you provide highlights of him covering college recievers. Right

what else is there? His HS highlight film?

they do want to re-sign him.

what else is there? His HS highlight film?

I know they gave him an offer, but supposedly Brown doesn't like the role he will be playing under McD...so it appears they want to resign him, but in a reduced role

Edited by JaCrispy