Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

Bet on himself, like he did coming off one bad year and no years?

That's the problem with your argument. It's hindsight. TT signing his extension in 2016 is the antithesis of "betting on himself." That was taking the money and running. You think if he had another year like 2015 or even a better year, he wouldn't have gotten that option picked up instantly? Imagine if TT was a top 12 QB in 2016. He'd be criminally underpaid and have cost himself millions by signing too soon. BUT, your argument is that he wouldn't do that because he believes in himself so much.

It's bananas. It truly is.

See above. Does he believe in himself or does he want money in the bank. It can't be both.

No, it makes complete sense. He hadn't made any real money through 2015. He'd made maybe a total of $3 million in the NFL, and he signed a contract worth, most likely, $46. That's why he did it. He was taking serious chips off the table.

A year later, he gave some of those chips back to buy his freedom, but his first big deal with Buffalo was still worth $36 million in the bank.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John IMO it is not. Some people actually think TT is a top tier QB. Not many, but they exist.

They match the number in the group that says TT is not an NFL starting QB.

its an observation I could be mistaken.

----

Oh and if you claim to be in the CoT..... You are on the edge of that group. ;)

I am a card carrying member of the COT who takes attendence at the meetings and brings the punch and pie

And I say that Tyrod Taylor is a middle of the pack NFL starting quarterback....a system guy.....a guy that you have to biuld the right offense around to be successful

This is my thing.....even STARTING qbs are hard to find (I am not talking about guys you throw out on the field to get experience or the guy you throw out to get killed because you have no choice....I am talking about the guys you can put on the field and they actually make your offense run right....dont turn the ball over.....are part of a cog on a wheel that makes the offense productive....THOSE GUYS ARE NOT EASY TO FIND....

Tyrod is exactly in the situation he should be in right now..... a mid level starting guy that we can say goodbye to in 2 years if he does not improve.....and in the meantime we should continue to biuld our stable of qbs

Look at it this way: It's February 2016. You're Tyrod Taylor sitting with Whaley, who says the Bills will make two offers and you can take whichever one you want:

1. $6 million guaranteed for 2016. After that we can cut you. If we don't cut you, you get $40 million guaranteed for three years, and you get $15 million a year, not guaranteed, for two years after that. You're a free agent after the 2021 season.

2. $6 million guaranteed for 2016. $30 million guaranteed for the next two years. You're a free agent after the 2018 season.

I think Taylor takes deal 2 all day, every day. Problem for Taylor was that the Bills weren't offering deal 2 last year. They were only offering deal 1.

What happened was that the Bills wanted the opportunity to cut Taylor sometime after the 2015 season without it costing them so much. So they asked Taylor to renegotiate. This time around Taylor got the balance of deal 2. And the Bills got the right to get out of the deal after 2017 and again after 2018.

What do you think trolling is?

The way it is used in thread it means anyone who disagrees with me or disagrees strongly with me. Not actually the definition, maybe it was on another board that no longer exists?

What is sad is how angry people get just because some of don't see a secret Russell Wilson about to take flight. And when the Buffalo Bills decided to not pick up the option the evidence is the Bills view Tyrod as a place holder, not a franchise QB.

The Bills interest in QBs in the draft? Just a smokescreen so that another wide receiver or tight end drops to the Bills because we're gonna build an offense around Tyrod.

We do... if the Bills feel there's a QB available at 10 who is an upgrade over Taylor, take him.

I don't know that there is because, frankly, I don't follow or care for college football much. And everything I hear and read is that this is a weak QB class and every single guy needs to sit on the bench at least a year. But if the Bills truly evaluate these QBs and find a guy better than Taylor, I'm 100% about them taking him.

this is where i'm at with it too. for that matter, if the bills don't think there's a qb in the first worth taking, i certainly won't get bent out of shape either.

The way it is used in thread it means anyone who disagrees with me or disagrees strongly with me. Not actually the definition, maybe it was on another board that no longer exists?

What is sad is how angry people get just because some of don't see a secret Russell Wilson about to take flight. And when the Buffalo Bills decided to not pick up the option the evidence is the Bills view Tyrod as a place holder, not a franchise QB.

The Bills interest in QBs in the draft? Just a smokescreen so that another wide receiver or tight end drops to the Bills because we're gonna build an offense around Tyrod.

What WR is going before #10? All this is a ruse to make sure Howard is available? That's a very implausible scenario being spun. This is a deep year at TE and DB.

On the other hand, this is OBD, so who knows?

What WR is going before #10? All this is a ruse to make sure Howard is available? That's a very implausible scenario being spun. This is a deep year at TE and DB.

On the other hand, this is OBD, so who knows?

Yeah, I don't see it. It's not like the Bills hold the keys to the draft. If someone wants a QB bad they can trade up.

No one I see at 10 as a non-QB looks like a tier above what will be there at 20.

I'm coming back to the following quote

How many threads did you have on specific TT stats on the BBMB?

The "over the middle" went on for ever. 3rd down passing % as well.

Kudo's 2016 3rd down %, was up from 2015's poorer 21 ranking --- (and they did it w/o Sammy :huh:).

Which makes on wonder ..... why are there so many comments about TT not having targets, meaning he didn't have his best weapon as the excuse for his down QBR?

As I and others stated (you'd call it speculation), with more passing attempts TT's numbers would drop, which they did.

Twelve less yards with 94 more passing attempts and one less game played 14 vs 15.

2016 (15 GS) 269 comp on 436 passes for 3023 yds Sammy 53.8% catch rate

2015 (14 GS) 242 comp on 380 passes for 3035 yds Sammy 62.5% catch rate

:huh: How does one improve yet not improve?

Dude... you're all over the place...

Please very simply explain why the hell you said "3rd down "passing" stats when the bigger picture is total 3rd down conversions." in the context of the discussion we were having.

In other words, please explain how the team's total 3rd down conversions, which includes rushing 1st downs from the likes of Gillislee and McCoy is more important in a conversation about the play of Tyrod Taylor than Tyrod Taylor's 3rd down coversion % passing the football on 3rd down.

That's where he already was.

So TT bet on himself, then gave up and took the money, played worse, and then bet on himself again and gave up $10M?

the logic is mind boggling, isn't it? Edited by Foxx

Can anyone read this and not just think out loud wa wa wa

I am a card carrying member of the COT who takes attendence at the meetings and brings the punch and pie

And I say that Tyrod Taylor is a middle of the pack NFL starting quarterback....a system guy.....a guy that you have to biuld the right offense around to be successful

This is my thing.....even STARTING qbs are hard to find (I am not talking about guys you throw out on the field to get experience or the guy you throw out to get killed because you have no choice....I am talking about the guys you can put on the field and they actually make your offense run right....dont turn the ball over.....are part of a cog on a wheel that makes the offense productive....THOSE GUYS ARE NOT EASY TO FIND....

Tyrod is exactly in the situation he should be in right now..... a mid level starting guy that we can say goodbye to in 2 years if he does not improve.....and in the meantime we should continue to biuld our stable of qbs

By your definition I'd be a member of the CoT

TT is a solid bridge QB who I'd love to see get to the next level.

bridge QB seems to be today's meme.

If you are not a top tier guy you are a bridge QB.

I'm repeating what was basically said on M&M

Dude... you're all over the place...

Please very simply explain why the hell you said "3rd down "passing" stats when the bigger picture is total 3rd down conversions." in the context of the discussion we were having.

In other words, please explain how the team's total 3rd down conversions, which includes rushing 1st downs from the likes of Gillislee and McCoy is more important in a conversation about the play of Tyrod Taylor than Tyrod Taylor's 3rd down coversion % passing the football on 3rd down.

Because you once touted passing stats on 3rd down situations claiming TT had very good stats.

If the Bills run most of the time what value is propping up passing stats?

Dude, professional athletes don't turn away $10 million per year just because. Come back to reality.

Can everyone stop pretending they know that money is the sole or even the primary motivator for every single professional athlete out there?

Sure, it's the biggest motivator for most of them, but not all of them...

or how about this, money is everyone's biggest motivator up until the point where it provides you with the lifestyle you desire... but once you have the lifestyle you desire, I would say that money becomes significantly less of a motivating factor.

That's where he already was.

So TT bet on himself, then gave up and took the money, played worse, and then bet on himself again and gave up $10M?

I can understand disagreeing with what Shaw says, but at least establish you understand what he's saying.

*Hint* it has to do with freedom

I can't believe this thread is almost 80 pages and strong, but it's essentially still going because there are legitimately people who Think that Taylor is a Top Tier NFL QB.

Who?

Can anyone read this and not just think out loud wa wa wa

all the years I was there I never put anyone on ignore at the "other board" and there were some close to equal to that character. first time for everything I suppose and since I don't believe he'll be taking a long walk off a short cliff anytime soon, the ignore feature comes in handy.

Nobody.

Nobody believes that. All of us in the "cot" (has there ever been a dumber term for fans - the guy who invented it is on an involuntary vacation...) have stated repeatedly we believe him to be about the 20th best QB.

Jfh is probably the biggest homer on the board (never change buddy love you for it) and he is supportive of the idea of drafting a QB

Transplant is a TT supporter and you just quotes a post where he says 16-21.

I'm one of the biggest TT guys (wait and see on him) and I have him pegged about 20 and have also said I would be okay with a QB in the draft.

The problem is the anti-TT people can't accept that others haven't written him off yet. You guys have made up your mind that he sucks. We haven't. We also haven't said he is a top 10 qb. I'm not even sure I've seen someone say he is top 15. However being the 20th best QB in the league says he should probably be a starter somewhere. He also has only PLAYED 2 seasons. So some of us are hoping he will progress as a qb, some of us aren't sure if he will but want to see, some of us think there are bigger holes on the roster, etc...

Thanks, this is very well said. Watch out, though, Crusher might accuse you of lying by saying Taylor is a middle-of-the-road QB and of secretly thinking Taylor is an Elite QB and is bound for the HOF even though you haven't said anything resembling that :flirt:

Edited by transplantbillsfan