Bills sign Corey Washington, Joe Banyard, Leonard Johnson

fod·der
[ˈfädər]
NOUN
  1. food, especially dried hay or feed, for cattle and other livestock.

WTF is going on in the kitchen at SJF? :blink:

can·non fod·der
ˈkanən ˈfädər/
noun
noun: cannon fodder
  1. soldiers regarded merely as material to be expended in war.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many RBs FBs are we bringing to camp now? WOW someone keep a count please! Bills own site doesn't have them updated LOL!

need players to play in preseason games while regulars sit.....plus you can bring 90 players to camp

can·non fod·der

ˈkanən ˈfädər/

noun

noun: cannon fodder

•  

soldiers regarded merely as material to be expended in war.

I suppose that's better than eating them...

Edited by transient

It appears Leonard Johnson does count against us as a FA signed in the compensatory pick formula since he has 4 years of accrued service in the NFL:

http://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

Does anyone know what happens if a player is cut & doesn't make the opening day roster. For example if Johnson was cut prior to week 1, I would hope he wouldn't count as a FA addition since he never made the roster, but I don't know how it works which is why I ask.

I was a big fan of Leonard Johnson's coming out of college.

Went undrafted but became a starting corner in Tampa. In 2014 when Lovie Smith took over and installed the Tampa 2, and Johnson was used in a rotation. That 2014 Bucs team was downright awful.

Johnson I think broke his leg preseason the next year and was released or waived. Patriots picked him up which shows they thought he could play.

Think he got injured again either that year or the following year when he played for the Panthers.

If he can get through not being injured and he can play some zone coverage in McDermott's 4-3, he'll be okay.

Oh I don't disagree. Just pointing that our DB has undergone a lot of change, gutted seems accurate imo

To me (so far) its gonna relie on a couple of players

Darby.....can Darby bounce back and have a year like his first year where we were saying he was outplaying Gilmore

and

Can Kevon Seymore biuld on season one

Micah is gonna be solid....dont know anything about Poyer.....the draft is deep this year......can we pull some Marlon Kerner and Kenny Irvin's out of it?

To me (so far) its gonna relie on a couple of players

Darby.....can Darby bounce back and have a year like his first year where we were saying he was outplaying Gilmore

and

Can Kevon Seymore biuld on season one

Micah is gonna be solid....dont know anything about Poyer.....the draft is deep this year......can we pull some Marlon Kerner and Kenny Irvin's out of it?

Agreed. The negative Nancy's out there won't have any of it, but we have some solid players already in the secondary. And anothe refer agent signing and draft pick or two will go a long way. Plus for a non Rex Ryan team, having a good front 7 should really help. After all, the point of investing and building a front 7 is so you don't have to invest as much in the secondary.

There are quite a few articles online about Corey Washington. 4.5 speed, 6'4.. Unfortunately I also believe this means no Andre Holmes. Hopefully Corey can atleast fill the gap Hunter is leaving in the red zone.

i don't know if Holmes will sign but Corey Washington isn't in place of him imo. He was on our PS last year. He's here for TC, imo.

The NFL officially lists it as this:

"Under the rules for compensatory draft selections, a team losing more or better compensatory free agents than it acquires in the previous year is eligible to receive compensatory draft picks.

The compensatory picks will be positioned within the third through seventh rounds based on the value of the compensatory free agents lost.

Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. The formula was developed by the NFL Management Council. Not every free agent lost or signed by a club is covered by this formula."

Well Bills are screwed there,

I like the Leonard Johnson signing. I remember he played amazing in college against Michael Crabtree and helped Iowa State upset Texas Tech when they were the second ranked team in the country.

Wasn't sure what happened to him, interested to see how he does here.

I like the Leonard Johnson signing. I remember he played amazing in college against Michael Crabtree and helped Iowa State upset Texas Tech when they were the second ranked team in the country.

Wasn't sure what happened to him, interested to see how he does here.

I saw in another article where they were talking about him playing Justin Blackmon. Kept him under 100 yds (barely with 99) and no TD. Apparently he's a smart player, lacks speed but it seems like after he gets toasted he does his best to make up for it with a pick or some other spectacular play. Injuries are the reason we have him.