Andre Holmes claims he isn't signed, Reporters disagree

FireChan

The majority of posters have actually said he will be our 3rd, 4th or 5th Wr. But you would have actually had to read this whole thread to know that. Holmes is 28, he's 6 foot 5 and was buried on the raiders depth chart behind better receivers. He has had some decent production when used and he can contribute on special teams too. Bringing up Mario Williams instead of providing any real insight or analysis just shows the kind of posts you like to make.

Since we are asking ridiculous questions why do you feel the need to sign your name at the bottom of every trivial post?

Don't feed the trolls.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Raiders, a playoff team last year, potentially lost their #4 WR, who caught 16 passes last year, but he will compete for the #2 position on our Bills, and folks in the same breath want to know why we are likely not to be picked to make the playoffs in 2017?

Maybe we should re-sign Mario, hoping he can play at this 2014 level too, he's available....lol

jc

Who is saying that he'll compete for the WR2 spot?

Maybe 1 or 2 people?

So the Raiders, a playoff team last year, potentially lost their #4 WR, who caught 16 passes last year, but he will compete for the #2 position on our Bills, and folks in the same breath want to know why we are likely not to be picked to make the playoffs in 2017?

Maybe we should re-sign Mario, hoping he can play at this 2014 level too, he's available....lol

jc

You have incredible double standards.

Hyde isnt a great addition because he wasn't a full time starter.

Poyer isn't a good addition because he only has 4 starts.

Holmes isn't that good because he wasn't a starter in OAK.

Yet you say Ryan Davis is a great addition when he has never started a game in his career and has been inactive 50% on game days.

Again....that's wacky thinking.

jc

How did the SB champs* make out with Bills' #3 WR?

FWIW, my brother is a Raiders' fan. He said Holmes was a very frustrating WR. He said the guy will drop an easy slant, but then make some insane catch over two DB's while doing a mid-air somersault. Apparently he can make some plays, but has concentration related drops. Would still be a decent pickup for us, but don't expect him to be anymore than a 3 or 4 on the depth chart with some ST value.

FWIW, my brother is a Raiders' fan. He said Holmes was a very frustrating WR. He said the guy will drop an easy slant, but then make some insane catch over two DB's while doing a mid-air somersault. Apparently he can make some plays, but has concentration related drops. Would still be a decent pickup for us, but don't expect him to be anymore than a 3 or 4 on the depth chart with some ST value.

and you haven't disowned him yet??? ;)

The majority of posters have actually said he will be our 3rd, 4th or 5th Wr. But you would have actually had to read this whole thread to know that. Holmes is 28, he's 6 foot 5 and was buried on the raiders depth chart behind better receivers. He has had some decent production when used and he can contribute on special teams too. Bringing up Mario Williams instead of providing any real insight or analysis just shows the kind of posts you like to make.

Since we are asking ridiculous questions why do you feel the need to sign your name at the bottom of every trivial post?

The Raiders buried Holmes on the depth chart because he wasn't good enough. Holmes was on the team and the Raiders went out and got two real WR (Crabtree, Cooper). That is why the Raiders are the only team that will challenge the Patriots in the AFC, and we are here debating Andre Holmes.

I have honestly never felt worse about this team. There future is 5-11, with no QB and a salary cap mess in which we don't have qualified leadership to get out of.

If the Bills were serious about winning, Dareus, Clay and Wood would have been restructured already.

If they were serious about starting over, Kyle, McCoy, Tyrod and Richie would have all been gone.

The future is the same as it ever was.

I have honestly never felt worse about this team. There future is 5-11, with no QB and a salary cap mess in which we don't have qualified leadership to get out of.

If the Bills were serious about winning, Dareus, Clay and Wood would have been restructured already.

That you can post these two statements back-to-back tells me that you have no idea what you're talking about...restructuring those three makes what is a very promising 2018 cap situation much less palatable.

Could be hard to be on top of your game when you hardly get to play? Kind of which came first the chicken or the egg?? Did he not play enough to stay focused or did he not play because he wasn't good enough. We shall see.

Great, then why not find a new team and new message board to post too. Why add to your misery by posting things and constantly being reminded how bad things are?

The future is the same as it ever was.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

Could be hard to be on top of your game when you hardly get to play? Kind of which came first the chicken or the egg?? Did he not play enough to stay focused or did he not play because he wasn't good enough. We shall see, but not matter what, one good thing that won't change about him. He always will be 6'5"

Great, then why not find a new team and new message board to post too. Why add to your misery by posting things and constantly being reminded how bad things are?

You did see how H2o posted that this would be a decent pick up? He doesn't seem to be spreading the seeds of misery, more so being realistic. Holmes is 6'4, shown glimpses of being a quality WR and adds to our special teams. That's all. We get him, great and he will likely come in as our WR3. We don't... oh well. Such is life.

:huh: .................. Uhhhh, what?

It's just a relay of info my friend. Not sure why you are so salty about it. :thumbsup:

So, I'm trying to figure this out: What is the status with Holmes at the moment? Thanks.

He's unsigned, the Bills offer (which was originally was reported as a signed contract) was leaked to the media. Yet he might be coming to visit the team and sign said offer. I would have to think he'd sign it because of his twitter post had phrases like "yet" or "at the moment" which is just a matter of crossing the t's and dotting the i's.

That you can post these two statements back-to-back tells me that you have no idea what you're talking about...restructuring those three makes what is a very promising 2018 cap situation much less palatable.

Huh??

If the 2018 situation is so promising, you would restructure the above players to get more cap this year. If these are good players you want on your team for the total contract, you just continue to push the cap hits forward. Exactly what NE does with Brady.

The Bills created such a mess this year, and don't even know how to structure deals to get themselves out of it. Overdorf and Whaley are absolute terrible contract organizers. It makes me sick to see all these teams with more talent than us have all this cap room. They have this cap room because they don't lock themselves into deals like Clay, Dareus, McCoy, etc. They create out clauses that allows for cuts with little dead cap.

Also, the 2018 cap is not as good as you think. Still overpaying for guys like Clay, McCoy, Glenn and Dareus with no way of getting out because the dead cap is so large. We then will need to cut Richie because his cap hit is ridiculous. Wood has no contract and Kyle has no contract. Watkins technically has no contract and his option is like 11 million. This team will lose a ton a talent and have a ton of players way overpaid. There are only so many draft pick.

Could be hard to be on top of your game when you hardly get to play? Kind of which came first the chicken or the egg?? Did he not play enough to stay focused or did he not play because he wasn't good enough. We shall see.

It is an addiction. Crack kills, but there are still a ton of people that abuse it.

I literally frickin hate the way this team operates, but it is not easy to just abandon all these years of history and memories.

Huh??

If the 2018 situation is so promising, you would restructure the above players to get more cap this year. If these are good players you want on your team for the total contract, you just continue to push the cap hits forward. Exactly what NE does with Brady.

The Bills created such a mess this year, and don't even know how to structure deals to get themselves out of it. Overdorf and Whaley are absolute terrible contract organizers. It makes me sick to see all these teams with more talent than us have all this cap room. They have this cap room because they don't lock themselves into deals like Clay, Dareus, McCoy, etc. They create out clauses that allows for cuts with little dead cap.

Also, the 2018 cap is not as good as you think. Still overpaying for guys like Clay, McCoy, Glenn and Dareus with no way of getting out because the dead cap is so large. We then will need to cut Richie because his cap hit is ridiculous. Wood has no contract and Kyle has no contract. Watkins technically has no contract and his option is like 11 million. This team will lose a ton a talent and have a ton of players way overpaid. There are only so many draft pick.

It seems that you have a difficult time distinguishing cap number and salary payments.

Must be because you are an erudite and intelligent poster that we are fortunate to have here.