Andre Holmes claims he isn't signed, Reporters disagree

FireChan

@mikegarafolo

So now everybody knows what Buffalo is offering. But other teams are in play for Andre Holmes and he figures to get more $.

This is a really bad look for the agent/PA. Can't imagine the bills are thrilled about the publication of the structure of their offer. Assuming the bills are not the high biddder/high guaranteed offer, client could have legitimate concern that the "better" offer is reduced in view of terms of bills' offer. Could also impact this agent's dealings with teams regarding other clients. Edited by SectionC3

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a really bad look for the agent/PA. Can't imagine the bills are thrilled about the publication of the structure of their offer. Assuming the bills are not the high biddder/high guaranteed offer, client could have legitimate concern that the "better" offer is reduced in view of terms of bills' offer. Could also impact this agent's dealings with teams regarding other clients.

It's kind of BS if you ask me. I know nothing is fair in life but this has to be against the CoC? Very unprofessional.

I believe that he was responding to H2O, not you.

I don't want to hijack this thread away from it's original intent of talking about a WR, but I would like to side with you about the casual use of the "R" word on this board. My son is autistic and I see the struggles he, and we as his family, deal with daily. I wouldn't want anyone dismissing him with a callous word.

I guess some people haven't experienced having a loved one with developmental delays, but please know that that word is hateful. The English language is full of other colorful options that can make the same point without offending whole segments of the population.

There but for the grace of God go us all. Very well said.

I believe that he was responding to H2O, not you.

I don't want to hijack this thread away from it's original intent of talking about a WR, but I would like to side with you about the casual use of the "R" word on this board. My son is autistic and I see the struggles he, and we as his family, deal with daily. I wouldn't want anyone dismissing him with a callous word.

I guess some people haven't experienced having a loved one with developmental delays, but please know that that word is hateful. The English language is full of other colorful options that can make the same point without offending whole segments of the population.

Thank you for sharing. Many of us say things without thinking of others.

It's kind of BS if you ask me. I know nothing is fair in life but this has to be against the CoC? Very unprofessional.

Not sure what code of conduct is at issue. But if I was the player I would have a lot of questions about what happened. I suspect that, if the client is compliant, the agent will try to push him into a deal ASAP to make this mess go away.

Not sure what code of conduct is at issue. But if I was the player I would have a lot of questions about what happened. I suspect that, if the client is compliant, the agent will try to push him into a deal ASAP to make this mess go away.

Is there a precedent for this? Has it happened before? I know this isn't considered a blockbuster signing but it would be big for our weakest position group. Somehow I hope they can smooth this over and he signs soon.

Is there a precedent for this? Has it happened before? I know this isn't considered a blockbuster signing but it would be big for our weakest position group. Somehow I hope they can smooth this over and he signs soon.

from what I understand, there is no precedent

I have no idea if this has happened before. Probably a bigger threat to player than to Bills - after all, agent should have particulars of all offers, whereas the agent might not release details of offers to other teams where there are multiple teams bidding for the player's services so as to drive up the bids.

--

This becomes a bigger issue for the bills if this player doesn't sign. Other teams bidding against us for the next WR4 we would target would know likely structure of our bid. To that end, if I was the bills I would have reservations about doing business with this agent again.

And from the agent's perspective, the publication of these details better not result in the reduction of a higher offer. Somebody - be it the agent or the PA - very easily could be repsonsible for the amount of the reduction. And not good for the agent's practice.

Well, been away from the board all day and just read 6 or so pages now. After following this team for 53 years I really had little reaction. I always mutter "it's the Bills", shite happens to us, both deservedly and otherwise. We usually end up looking like the south end of a northbound horse. I have become a fan of the way the younger posters communicate the same feeling I expressed. "Billsy" sums it up nicely. Don't know who coined it but it's spot on and here's another example.

Edited by Green Lightning

like someone else said; now that we had him - don't have him...i want him even more..its like a relationship...

It's like telling me not to press the red button... Don't even mention the red button in the first place, and I won't want to !@#$ing to press it!

Well, been away from the board all day and just read 6 or so pages now. After following this team for 53 years I really had little reaction. I always mutter "it's the Bills", shite happens to us, both deservedly and otherwise. We usually end up looking like the south end of a northbound horse. I have become a fan of the way the younger posters communicate the same feeling I expressed. "Billsy" sums it up nicely. Don't know who coined it but it's spot on and here's another example.

What sucks is the Bills have been good lately at not starting rumors it has actually showed how bad the trolling is on Twitter and with known writers.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Well this will be interesting to watch unfold and another poster mentioned on here that they thought this could even expedite a deal to happen. Who is at fault? Was he really considering our offer in the first place? Argh.

Left to wonder.

I'd guess that more often than not a situation like this would be less dramatic than we'd expect. The agent could literally hold up our offer in other negotiations so the team hasn't been impacted that greatly Edited by NoSaint

I'd guess that more often than not a situation like this would be less dramatic than we'd expect. The agent could literally hold up our offer in other negotiations so the team hasn't been impacted that greatly

More likely it hurts Holmes than us.

TSW reaction after learning of signing: he sucks. Whaley sucks. Comp picks!!!

TSW reaction after learning the news was an error: Wtf! We actually want him!

Classic.

Or it's just different people with differing opinions of the signing.

Personally, I think the comp picks are being undervalued by a lot of people on this forum, but I also like Holmes and would be content with losing a pick for him. I can't say that for most of the other signings. Or all of them, barring Hyde.