Malcolm Butler wants out of New England

Knowing our luck, the Pats will get #11 from the Saints for Butler and #12 (and change) for Jimmy G. They'll go on to take 2 hall of famers who beat us up for the next decade at #11 & #12 while we get someone who flames out of the league in 3 years at #10.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually if it's a straight RFA signing, they need to give up their original #1 pick which is pick #11.

But apparently the Pats might work something out on their own with NO to move him because NO doesn't want to give up that much. Not sure how that works.

Unfortunately, this underscores the fact that Buffalo should have tagged Gilmore.

He wouldn't have signed it until he HAD to so they could probably have let him shop around for a deal and gotten a very useful pick for him at least.

Tic Tac Toe? I was thinking more like thumb wars or Rock Paper Scissors for Whaley.

Why do you say that about Whaley?

And list the GMs in the NFL who are better than Belichick?

actually if it's a straight RFA signing, they need to give up their original #1 pick which is pick #11.

But apparently the Pats might work something out on their own with NO to move him because NO doesn't want to give up that much. Not sure how that works.

It doesn't (and likely won't) involve pick #11.

Why they didn't just trade Cooks for Butler +/- a later pick thrown in is anyone's guess!

Question is why did Belicheat sign Gilmore to a huge contract knowing it could possibly piss off Butler? Is Gilmore > Butler? From everything I've read Butler > Gilmore.

You know there's no way they will give Butler same numbers. Just not in Pats' blood.

No kidding

Question is why did Belicheat sign Gilmore to a huge contract knowing it could possibly piss off Butler? Is Gilmore > Butler? From everything I've read Butler > Gilmore.

You know there's no way they will give Butler same numbers. Just not in Pats' blood.

Belichick is a cerebral guy. He saw a star talent play at a high level for 4 years, then have an off year (ironically contract year) and he got absolutely roasted by all of Buffalo. There is no better fit than the hated division rival and he will cause problems for our team for the next 5 years by playing harder than he's ever played.

Belichick will actually put him in a position to succeed unlike Fatty McFat Foodster Rex.

No kidding

Belichick is a cerebral guy. He saw a star talent play at a high level for 4 years, then have an off year (ironically contract year) and he got absolutely roasted by all of Buffalo. There is no better fit than the hated division rival and he will cause problems for our team for the next 5 years by playing harder than he's ever played.

Belichick will actually put him in a position to succeed unlike Fatty McFat Foodster Rex.

....that's why he is THE best in the business......maybe he moves upstairs as GM, hires retiring Brady as his HC and has Jimmy G run the show for 10 more years along with 10 more ACFE titles.....I need a drink......

Knowing our luck, the Pats will get #11 from the Saints for Butler and #12 (and change) for Jimmy G. They'll go on to take 2 hall of famers who beat us up for the next decade at #11 & #12 while we get someone who flames out of the league in 3 years at #10.

If you're keeping score at home, the Patriots have added physical cornerback Stephon Gilmore, dynamic wideout Brandin Cooks, three-down tight end Dwayne Allen, versatile running back Rex Burkhead and run-stuffing defensive end Lawrence Guy while re-signing Hightower, behemoth defensive tackle Alan Branch and nickel safety Duron Harmon.

As if that's not impressive enough, they will also have the services of All-Pro tight end Rob Gronkowski, who missed the postseason following December back surgery.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793250/article/donta-hightower-to-sign-fouryear-deal-with-patriots

If you're keeping score at home, the Patriots have added physical cornerback Stephon Gilmore, dynamic wideout Brandin Cooks, three-down tight end Dwayne Allen, versatile running back Rex Burkhead and run-stuffing defensive end Lawrence Guy while re-signing Hightower, behemoth defensive tackle Alan Branch and nickel safety Duron Harmon.

As if that's not impressive enough, they will also have the services of All-Pro tight end Rob Gronkowski, who missed the postseason following December back surgery.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793250/article/donta-hightower-to-sign-fouryear-deal-with-patriots

You forgot Kony Ealy.

They did lose Bennett, Chris Long and Vollmar.

We know , we know... thanks for that Had to turn off NFL live as it turned into a Pats ballwashing contest. I can see a lot more time on the golf course on my fall Sundays for awhile.

You forgot Kony Ealy.

They did lose Bennett, Chris Long and Vollmar.

Ealy has a very high ceilng as a pass rusher, more natural gifts than Shaq and is going into his walk year.........I'm perplexed how the Pats got him for so little.

McDermott must really not have liked him........can't imagine the Pathers.....or anyone for that matter....... helping the Pats rather than offering him up to a former Panthers DC.

Ealy has a very high ceilng as a pass rusher, more natural gifts than Shaq and is going into his walk year.........I'm perplexed how the Pats got him for so little.

McDermott must really not have liked him........can't imagine the Pathers.....or anyone for that matter....... helping the Pats rather than offering him up to a former Panthers DC.

He's a 1-year rental.

@pfcentral

Butler and Saints both want to agree to terms but Saints dont want to part #11 willing to offer 1st next year and a second this year

Pats want #11 and have the all in attitude or hes a Patriot next year. I expect Saints to get competitive with offer.