Looking for airline advice

Bad Things

G'day guys,

I'll be flying back to America sometime this summer and was hoping to get some advice on which are the good US airlines to use.

It's been 7-8 years since I've been back there.

The last time I was there I was taken aback by how crappy certain airlines had become, but I know a lot could have changed in those years.

That said, I have multiple stops planned on my trip back there, and I really don't want to get stuck with a crappy airline.

What airlines would you recommend?

What airlines would you recommend me avoiding?

Let's go Buffalo!

Do the Air New Zealand Auckland nonstop to Houston. Go with the Premium Economy or, if you have the nut, go with First Class (which gives you the full bed at your seat). It's only one flight per day, about 4 times per week, so you really have to search for it. That bed was worth every penny.

Virgin America

They don't fly to New Zealand.

Buy your own Fleer jet..

A Lear jet would work even better. :nana:

Edited by \GoBillsInDallas/

Whichever airline can get you from your origin to as close to your destination as possible, NON-STOP is the way to go. Since you didn't mention origin/destination, that's a difficult call.

Everybody has their opinions on who's "best" but if you end up in Texas or Atlanta, when you want to go to the NE, is it really worth it to you?

Go with the Premium Economy or, if you have the nut, go with First Class (which gives you the full bed at your seat). It's only one flight per day, about 4 times per week, so you really have to search for it. That bed was worth every penny.

Agreed on the beds. When we went to London for the Bills game a couple years ago, we did First Class going over for the beds since it was a night flight. On the way back did Premimun Economy since it was a day flight and regretted not having the bed.

Do the Air New Zealand Auckland nonstop to Houston. Go with the Premium Economy or, if you have the nut, go with First Class (which gives you the full bed at your seat). It's only one flight per day, about 4 times per week, so you really have to search for it. That bed was worth every penny.

They don't fly to New Zealand.

A Lear jet would work even better. :nana:

Great airline. Maybe the best I've ever been on. Very nice computer/entertainment system on the seats. I love the instant messaging system and how you can share screens. So if you are watching a movie you and whomever you are traveling with can watch at the same time. Other than that the food was pretty decent for a airline. Seats have more room than average. Well mannered staff. Kind of like more old school like airline that way. I believe they have been the highest ranked airline the last 3 or 4 years. We just got back from a trip to New Plymouth a couple weeks ago.

Thanks for that, guys. Much appreciated.

Yeah, I'll be flying Air New Zealand to and from the US. Definitely my favourite airline.

At this point, I still need to book LAX-Denver, Denver-Rochester, Rochester-San Francisco.

Maybe I'll be able to meet some of you at Training Camp!

Lets go, Buffalo!!

Agreed on the beds. When we went to London for the Bills game a couple years ago, we did First Class going over for the beds since it was a night flight. On the way back did Premimun Economy since it was a day flight and regretted not having the bed.

It may have been night time going over BUT it's usually 60-90 minutes longer coming back.

Thanks for that, guys. Much appreciated.

Yeah, I'll be flying Air New Zealand to and from the US. Definitely my favourite airline.

At this point, I still need to book LAX-Denver, Denver-Rochester, Rochester-San Francisco.

Maybe I'll be able to meet some of you at Training Camp!

Lets go, Buffalo!!

Since you're taking Air New Zealand, try to stick with their partner airlines, in this case in the US is United, so your miles can accumulate.

https://www.airnewzealand.com/star-alliance

Weird-- this is like the second or third time I have heard about air New Zealand being great in the last week.

I had a decent experience on jet blue pretty recently.

Weird-- this is like the second or third time I have heard about air New Zealand being great in the last week.

I had a decent experience on jet blue pretty recently.

I think it has something to do with the extra effort they take to ensure that the handling of your baggage was a pleasurable experience.