Philly Brown signed

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched him down here also, Philly, then Corey( changed his name to change his luck) then Philly again.

Has good hands.... till he doesn't.

It's not a question of who he replaces, he doesn't make us better.

He is NO Woods. This is not a good pickup.

Watched him down here also, Philly, then Corey( changed his name to change his luck) then Philly again.

Someone like you who actually watched him play is really helpful in this type of situation

I have just one question.....when he runs his routes does he come back for the ball or just let the the other team make a play on it

Right. Because teams don't need WR4/5 or special teams guys. All receivers MUST be big-named stars. That's how the NFL works.

He was WR2. Gin was WR1. Cotchery only started 3 games. Brown started 11. Olsen got the majority of the targets but he was a TE. Funchess was a hybrid TE/WR. Brown and Ginn were the two main WRs. They went to the TE a lot. It was not a strong WR cast, but they won anyway. I don't expect him to fill that role here but he's certainly good enough to be on the team.

Not trying to be argumentative, but do starts really matter here? Brown was 5th in yards on that team behind the guys I listed. 5th in targets too. And I'm pretty sure Funchess was a traditional wideout in 2015.

I'm not saying he's terrible, but he's not special. At all. And he alligator arms balls.

Right. Because teams don't need WR4/5 or special teams guys. All receivers MUST be big-named stars. That's how the NFL works.

I would have rather grabbed USC's Darreus Rodgers in a late round... STUD kid with hands for days...

Walter Powell is better and would have been cheaper. See no need for this guy. Doesn't fill any type of need. This guy will be useless with Tyrod as QB.

True but Tyrod couldn't throw to Powell either. Gotta hope the new coaches will break him of his Trenative ways.

It amazes me the amount of people who complain about every signing....it's depth. Why is that so hard for some people?

Because Hankerson. Because Little. Because Salas. Because Lil Doug. Because Bills.

True but Tyrod couldn't throw to Powell either. Gotta hope the new coaches will break him of his Trenative ways.

Exactly. No need to keep signing these small guys that work best in middle of field when Tyrod is QB.

Walter Powell is a sleeper IMO, especially if there was a different QB. The guy has some of the best hands I have seen and catches with his hands. Runs really good routes too. In preseason with a QB like Cardale, who was slinging it in middle of field, was a Powell highlight tape.

I would have rather grabbed USC's Darreus Rodgers in a late round... STUD kid with hands for days...

I think that taking a WR in this draft high is a very good possibility

Maybe even as soon as 10

Remember.....you get Williams or Davis you might be getting a WR as good as Sammy Watkins.....so maybe even a true number 1 in this draft to go WITH Watkins or if Watkins misses games a WR with the talent to lean on as a true number 1

People forget...

- We ran without a true number 1 most of the year and a true number 2 quite a bit last year

- When you have a true number 1 on the field....it opens things up for everyone else

He is good for what he is. Depth and ST's. A #3. They have to fill out an entire roster. Every player is not a starter and every starter is not an All-Pro. He's young, has been durable and productive, has started a lot of games, has playoff experience and comes cheap. All good for competition purposes.

Again, that's not what was being referred to.