Martavis Bryant

I understand and grasp the difference from state and federal. What I was tring to portray in regards to that are twofold:

One influence

Two do teams not play at least 8 games away in another state that could or could not be illegal to have marijuana?

Just a matter if time when one of these players have marijuana on their person traveling with the team because they came from a state where its legal and boom..

...that my friend is one helluva question.....but I still think it goes back to your employer's (ie. NFL team following NFL rules) condition of employment whether you play for the Broncos where it is legal in Colorado or not....yet here is the dichotomy......I am pretty sure players have to pay taxes on 1/16 of their prorated salary as a non-resident when playing a game in a non-resident state....so if the Fins play in Pittsburgh, 1/16 of a player's salary is subject to non-resident PA state withholding as well as local taxes in the Steelers' county of venue.....keep in mind Florida has zero state or local taxes.....how effed up is that?....your accountant has to file NINE state tax returns, one for your home state as well as the other nine you played in...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they were going to consider this, I'd think it would be to try for Josh Gordon instead of Bryant. Bryant is still on his Rookie deal I think, so I doubt the Steelers would trade him. Not saying they should do either, but Gordon is known to be available for trade.

If they were going to consider this, I'd think it would be to try for Josh Gordon instead of Bryant. Bryant is still on his Rookie deal I think, so I doubt the Steelers would trade him. Not saying they should do either, but Gordon is known to be available for trade.

Yeah if we make a move like this than might as well go for Gordon. I don't see us doing this anyway.

I don't like it - we already had a promising player in Karlos go belly up. Dareus has definitely screwed up his fair amount as well. I don't think we need it in the locker room honestly.

Plus - using draft resources and counting on a guy who is one infraction from an indefinite suspension? Doesn't seem smart.

Edited by dneveu

None of that changes my opinion. I just believe they had Cockrell higher on their board.

Do you doubt that they've reached over better players to fill needs during Whaley's time?

I think they've done it a lot.

And though we look back on him more fondly perhaps.......Leodis McKelvin was LOUSY his first 6 seasons at CB so it's not like the top 2 CB positions were in lockdown like most felt with the Gilmore and Darby combo going into last season.

John Miller and Preston Brown were two NEEDY picks that they had to get on their tippy-toes to reach for, IMO.

How about trading UP for Reggie Ragnuts?........people can say he was that high on their board but when the only reason for being that high is because of SCHEME.........that is still drafting for need.

Talent > Character

NFL needs to update outdated policy. Tons of monster players smoke.

I think you need both. Guys like Aldon Smith and Greg Hardy are about as useless as EJ Manuel. Talent has the slight edge, because Smith and Hardy have contributed more to an NFL team than EJ, but they've also held teams back.

But I think we need to dissociate smoking weed with poor character. It isn't beating women, it isn't laziness, etc. It may be selfish or short-sighted because at this point they know they can lose their jobs for it, but they aren't worse people because they smoke.

People dont seem to understand how good Watkins is. His route running has improved to the point he may be one of the top 5 WRs in football. Problem is he played in an offense that didnt feature him.

^ correct. Not to mention our offense has never even tried to get him going in the screen game. Watch his college tape... he is absolutely lethal once he gets a few yards of space on a bubble screen. Once Sammy has the ball in his hands, he is a huge YAC threat. The fact that he can do that and also be a deep threat with great hands is rare. I hope to god we can finally get a coordinator who can figure out how to utilize him and also that Tyrod can get him the ball when he is open, which he constantly is.

The Steelers have no reason to trade this guy.

If properly focused, he's got the potential to be a top 10 receiver in the NFL.

Giving him away for a late round pick isn't adequate compensation for what is still enormous upside.

People dont seem to understand how good Watkins is. His route running has improved to the point he may be one of the top 5 WRs in football. Problem is he played in an offense that didnt feature him.

I've said this before, but the last half of the 2015 Sammy was the best WR in the game. He was getting 10 yard separation on half his routes. I DVR all the 30 min game shortcuts from past 2 years, it's like he was back in college again.

Last year was a mess but he will be ready to roll this season. I still think he can be the best from that great draft class of wideouts.

Anyone pining for Bryant or Gordon has no business complaining about Dareus.

Dareus was the Bills highest draft pick since Bruce Smith and was handed a $16M per year contract extension.

Gordon and Bryant weren't even first round picks and are on cheap rookie contracts.

according to him,he's moved away from LA to keep away from his pot head buddies,and hasn't smoked pot in 8 months.On a side note,pot is non-addictive. There is no drug they give you to ween yourself,ala heroin,etc. It doesn't make you Ill to go without.We all know it's an illegal substance in the eyes of the nfl,but times they are a changing

Some still cannot stop smoking even though it costs them millions so I'd say it is addictive to some people. i've known people who without a bong hit are completely useless but they were not in that state before they started smoking.

Let the Reefer supporters post their support of pot smokers and blame for NFL for not allowing this helpful weed.