We Loose On The Field And In The Offseason

wppete

they won the regular season too. Might be smart to keep the criticisms of the Pats and their fans to a minimum. They will win every argument.

Collectively speaking, it's a good thing for Pats fans that the team's ass can cash the checks that the inane, babbling mouths of their fans keep writing.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collectively speaking, it's a good thing for Pats fans that the team's ass can cash the checks that the inane, babbling mouths of their fans keep writing.

Spot on. The day I give any deference or respect to the worst fanbase in sports is the day I stop caring about sports at all. Never gonna happen.

NE pays fines for cheating. I don't ever want us to be like that. They know they cheat and I hope some day they can't live with themselves any more. So on they go winning and know they really don't deserve it. Boy I hate Boston fans and the NE team. Love my Bill's.

NE pays fines for cheating. I don't ever want us to be like that. They know they cheat and I hope some day they can't live with themselves any more. So on they go winning and know they really don't deserve it. Boy I hate Boston fans and the NE team. Love my Bill's.

Yeah....playing with deflated balls and making " all-22s " from a different angle is the reason they win.....I would give my left nut to have 1/2 of NE's success...granted, I'm a grand father now.....

well look who the GM is, DW is completely clueless

DW might be an above average GM as some claim. He might be below average as you assert. But his W-L record suggests he's merely average.

Given how competitive the NFL is, and how much competition there is for a GM position, you need to be really good personnel guy to land a GM gig (excepting Matt Millen and a couple others).

Then there's this. Most of us agree Rex was a below-average coach. Yet the team's been winning about half its games. So the roster must have been somewhat above average. And Whaley didn't choose Rex.

It's always interesting when people who don't know a profession feel they have the expertise to judge the professionals as "clueless." I guess it makes us feel big and strong when we use strong words.

In fact, all we can really do is rate GMs and coaches against their peers. All GMs and coaches know far more about football than us fans. They're far from clueless. The real question is: are they better than the other personnel guys and coaches in the NFL? As fans we can see the results of their work on the field. And so far Whaley performance has been average-ish (below average in the draft, above average in acquiring vets).

Let's hope McD proves to be an above-average coach who can build a playoff team with average-ish talent. And let's hope Whaley and his scouts start getting more hits in the draft.

The 2017 roster if far from complete and I think it's way too early to judge it.

DW might be an above average GM as some claim. He might be below average as you assert. But his W-L record suggests he's merely average.

Given how competitive the NFL is, and how much competition there is for a GM position, you need to be really good personnel guy to land a GM gig (excepting Matt Millen and a couple others).

Then there's this. Most of us agree Rex was a below-average coach. Yet the team's been winning about half its games. So the roster must have been somewhat above average. And Whaley didn't choose Rex.

It's always interesting when people who don't know a profession feel they have the expertise to judge the professionals as "clueless." I guess it makes us feel big and strong when we use strong words.

In fact, all we can really do is rate GMs and coaches against their peers. All GMs and coaches know far more about football than us fans. They're far from clueless. The real question is: are they better than the other personnel guys and coaches in the NFL? As fans we can see the results of their work on the field. And so far Whaley performance has been average-ish (below average in the draft, above average in acquiring vets).

Let's hope McD proves to be an above-average coach who can build a playoff team with average-ish talent. And let's hope Whaley and his scouts start getting more hits in the draft.

The 2017 roster if far from complete and I think it's way too early to judge it.

You really can't put wins and losses on a GM. That's more a function of coaching.