Culture change has begun

Speaking of culture change. How do we know this McDermott guy isn't eating ranch with his wings? Like Tyrod is.

I'm all for culture change. But some things best be left alone. This,is serious chit. And should be grounds for dismissal.

These guys need some Blue Cheese pronto. Then witness Tyrod hit those short and intermediate routes.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're gonna rah rah our way to 7-8 wins. Talent wins games, not semantics.

Yeah. Talk is cheap. How can everyone who saw the Rex Circus not know that? We will know if there is a good culture here soon enough, but there's no way to know now.

Hyde is a quality signing. Bringing in a player like him at safety was desperately needed. But Poyer isn't a guy you want starting. Cleveland is as desperate for safeties as Buffalo is and they didn't want him back. He reminds me of the Dray signing last season. The Bills needed another S on the roster, but Poyer is just there in case a drafted S isn't ready or one doesn't fall to us in the draft. He should be depth.

Speaking of culture change. How do we know this McDermott guy isn't eating ranch with his wings? Like Tyrod is.

I'm all for culture change. But some things best be left alone. This,is serious chit. And should be grounds for dismissal.

These guys need some Blue Cheese pronto. Then witness Tyrod hit those short and intermediate routes.

I heard TT likes to audible at the line...

Down,set....Blue 42,Blue 42,Blue...set,,,Cheese! Score!!

Yeah. Talk is cheap. How can everyone who saw the Rex Circus not know that? We will know if there is a good culture here soon enough, but there's no way to know now.

team will play with heart again, you'll see. Again no idea if it will actually be enough but I predict the effort will be there. They're bringing in those types of players and the coaching staff is all about it, the culture will pretty obviously be better than under Rex.

Derm isn't like Rex, he's not about that yapping. Everyone around the league knows him as a grinder, the team will take on the personality of the head coach as it did under Rex. Its not about falling for the talk its about not letting my Bills cynicism get in the way of good logic. McDermott is known everywhere as a hard worker, Rex was lazy as hell, so naturally the team is going to work harder.

So much Dareus bashing here when he actually had a pretty good season when on the field. He controls the LOS and that's something KW cannot do. Kyle is a tremendous pass rusher but fact of the matter is he's a liability against the run. I watched teams run right at him from my seat in the Ralph and do it successfully.

Flame away.

Edited by Elite Poster

team will play with heart again, you'll see. Again no idea if it will actually be enough but I predict the effort will be there. They're bringing in those types of players and the coaching staff is all about it, the culture will pretty obviously be better than under Rex.

Derm isn't like Rex, he's not about that yapping. Everyone around the league knows him as a grinder, the team will take on the personality of the head coach as it did under Rex. Its not about falling for the talk its about not letting my Bills cynicism get in the way of good logic. McDermott is known everywhere as a hard worker, Rex was lazy as hell, so naturally the team is going to work harder.

It really couldn't be worse than under Rex, but I'm a "show me" guy. McD hasn't been a HC at any level before. That doesn't mean he'll fail or that he isn't up to the task, it just means he's unproven. Obviously I hope he acquits himself well here and I like that he isn't showboating like Rex, but he's still got a lot to prove. That's all I'm saying. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and give credit for what's not yet been earned.

It really couldn't be worse than under Rex, but I'm a "show me" guy. McD hasn't been a HC at any level before. That doesn't mean he'll fail or that he isn't up to the task, it just means he's unproven. Obviously I hope he acquits himself well here and I like that he isn't showboating like Rex, but he's still got a lot to prove. That's all I'm saying. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and give credit for what's not yet been earned.

Agree with this, not saying he's going to succeed, I have no clue. Just saying the effort level and team mentality is pretty clearly going to rise significantly over the last 2 years. Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

It's been my experience is that loudmouth guys, thing Rex,think Greggo, are all window rain when it comes to cultural changes. You got to watch the quiet guys. They don't mess around, they don't try to make headlines, they just get the job done. So far so good I like what this guy brings - no stunts, no drama. Put the team together work the hell out of them and win. That said, I do wish we had a franchise quarterback but we have a we have, let's see.

The negativity here can be credited 100% to the ineptitude of the Buffalo Bills the past two decades.

the negativity "Here" can be credited to negative posters. Are you old enough to remember how inept the Pats were before BB & Brady? Yet they managed to change the culture.it was the right time,right people. The Saints,the Bucs...all with SB wins. I wonder how the negative nancy fans felt after their teams turned the corner? Probably not as good as the stick beside,always support your team type of fans.

I like the signings so far. They all seem to have have a winning attitude and/or playoff experience. Also on the positive side, Buffalo has kept most of both lines along with Taylor/Watkins/McCoy. Keeping the core of the team and adding players that fit the new culture will be a good thing in the long run.

Short term, there is still a ways to go. As of today, there are 43 people that are on the Bills roster and not restricted or unrestricted free agents. Among that 43 include a few futures contract players that will likely not make the roster. There are only 6 draft picks. This means that there are many holes to fill and there are going to be a lot of new faces on the Bills over the next 3 months.

I am hoping that this isn't a rebuilding year, but there is still some uncertainty as of today.

You cannot change the culture of this team unless Dareus is gone.....he is the biggest cancer to having a TEAM.

Selfish, unreliable, untruthful, and a stupid cheater. All characteristics that are more harmful to a team than any number of sacks can help.

Prediction: Dareus will be the best player on the team next season. For those that think he doesn't try, ,he was dominating the LOS late in the Pitt game even though it was a lost cause. He had like 3 stuffs/tackles for loss on a couple of late series. Edited by dave mcbride

the negativity "Here" can be credited to negative posters. Are you old enough to remember how inept the Pats were before BB & Brady? Yet they managed to change the culture.it was the right time,right people. The Saints,the Bucs...all with SB wins. I wonder how the negative nancy fans felt after their teams turned the corner? Probably not as good as the stick beside,always support your team type of fans.

They went to the SB in 85 and 96 and were otherwise in the playoffs in 94, 97, 98 (twice with Pete Carroll). B got there in 01.

Prediction: Dareus will be the best player on the team next season. For those that think he doesn't try, ,he was dominating the LOS late in the Pitt game even though it was a lost cause. He had like 3 stuffs/tackles for loss on a couple of late series.

Showing strong late in a week 14 game is not the most persuasive argument against the impression this guy gives that he doesn't take his job too seriously...

The next time Dareus is the best player on this team will be the first time.

I remember Doug Marrone did that whole blah blah blah culture change. How'd that work out?

And don't forget "build a bully"..

Edited by Mr. WEO