Culture change has begun

McDermott talked alot about changing the culture after getting hired and we are beginning to see some of that with the initial free agents signings.

I usually don't make to much out of press conferences with players because they typically have the same scripted answers. I got done watching the press conferences with Tolbert, Hyde and Poyer and could not have come away more impressed. Each player brought a real excitement and positive energy to them. All seem like real smart guys and team first players. Looks like McDermott brought some grinders into the locker room.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be refreshing to see this team play with heart and give it everything they've got in an effort to WIN again. No idea if it will actually be enough but the one thing about Derm I feel I can trust is he's going to get this team to work hard and try. I swear Graham and KW were the only players even trying on defense at times last year.

The Pats were running wind sprints right up until the Super Bowl. Not surprisingly, they were able to push to the end and we saw what happened when the opportunity presented itself. I'd like to see that kind of stuff get put in place in Buffalo. The half ass tackling has to end too. Just basic tweaks that could be huge on Sundays. Rex was lax and we got lax play.

Did some research on Hyde. check this out

Micah Hyde

Career INTS

2016 3 INTS

2015 3 INTS

2014 2 INTS

2013 0 INTS - Rookie

At least 2-3 INTS in the past 3 Years!! Encouraging **** here brehs!

Also is Blanton still on the team?

McDermott talked alot about changing the culture after getting hired and we are beginning to see some of that with the initial free agents signings.

I usually don't make to much out of press conferences with players because they typically have the same scripted answers. I got done watching the press conferences with Tolbert, Hyde and Poyer and could not have come away more impressed. Each player brought a real excitement and positive energy to them. All seem like real smart guys and team first players. Looks like McDermott brought some grinders into the locker room.

The more I hear about McDermy the more I think it was a really good hire. Im just worried about our DBs and WRs roster.

The Pats were running wind sprints right up until the Super Bowl. Not surprisingly, they were able to push to the end and we saw what happened when the opportunity presented itself. I'd like to see that kind of stuff get put in place in Buffalo. The half ass tackling has to end too. Just basic tweaks that could be huge on Sundays. Rex was lax and we got lax play.

Agree, they really need to get coached up on fundamentals. I think Darby is the best tackling CB we have easily.

It will be refreshing to see this team play with heart and give it everything they've got in an effort to WIN again. No idea if it will actually be enough but the one thing about Derm I feel I can trust is he's going to get this team to work hard and try. I swear Graham and KW were the only players even trying on defense at times last year.

I saw the same. Thats why it makes me sad we let Graham go, couldve been a great mentor and depth CB.

Agreed.

While all the "world is ending" posters are so focused on what other teams are doing, those focused on our franchise have to be encouraged with what's gone on so far at OBD

Edited by dezertbill

We've seen this same song and dance like 4 times already. Short term memory here.

Can we change the culture of not upgrading our biggest position of need so we don't have to use another high draft pick on WR. Cordarelle Patterson is exactly what this team needs and what Derm likes - can play multiple positions and is a big body. Let's have some cordarelle culture.

Edited by Elite Poster

You cannot change the culture of this team unless Dareus is gone.....he is the biggest cancer to having a TEAM.

Selfish, unreliable, untruthful, and a stupid cheater. All characteristics that are more harmful to a team than any number of sacks can help.

You cannot change the culture of this team unless Dareus is gone.....he is the biggest cancer to having a TEAM.

Selfish, unreliable, untruthful, and a stupid cheater. All characteristics that are more harmful to a team than any number of sacks can help.

one player prevents culture change? Also dareus might be immature and selfish by putting weed first but not sure where the cheating part comes from. Also dont see hom as a lockeroom cancer, hes not tearing the team apart just hurting it by not being on the field

this^

Read below, and this staff's attempt at culture change appears a lot more genuine and in line with how to succeed based on the article:

https://theundefeated.com/features/all-22-an-nfl-head-coachs-first-mistake-is-trying-to-immediately-change-a-teams-culture/

Good read. I too believe McDermott is taking the right approach.

True to a certain extent. But a coach can surround Dareus with players that are completely committed to the program and team. In this way, Dareus is more likely to fall in line with those who are encouraging and pushing him to do the right things. Edited by racketmaster

Maybe McD can reach Dareus and have him change his ways. He is a hell of a player and that weighs a lot. If he was a fringe guy he would have been cut. Maybe McD sat Dareus huge arse down and told him he's getting one chance to straighten his crap out, grow up or he's going to be gone. I dunno, just a thought.

We're gonna rah rah our way to 7-8 wins. Talent wins games, not semantics.

One thing that never changes is the losing culture at TBD.

Question, what would your opinion of Dareus be if he signed with the Patriots?

Maybe McD can reach Dareus and have him change his ways. He is a hell of a player and that weighs a lot. If he was a fringe guy he would have been cut. Maybe McD sat Dareus huge arse down and told him he's getting one chance to straighten his crap out, grow up or he's going to be gone. I dunno, just a thought.

The new D- line coach will unleash...

A great QB wins. Very few without one are successful.

This is true to a certain extent but it still takes a team effort to win consistently. Look at the lack of winning from Brees, Rivers and Luck in recent years.

You can also point to teams like (KC - Smith and Reid), (SF - Smith/Kaepernick under Harbaugh), (Ravens - From Dilfer to Flacco under Newsome and Harbaugh), (CAR - Delhomme with Foxx), TB - Dungey years).

Those are a few examples of coaches or gms creating a winning program without a great qb.

what makes him stupid? Or a cheater?

He's young still.Other than his suspension, which led to him being out of shape,how is he unreliable? Or selfish? And he is absolutely not a "cancer" to this team. Although,he better shape up,or he could very well ship out. I'm gonna watch this new staff before I think he's a lost cause in Buffalo

Just like a Bills fan to want to get rid of our most talented player on defense. I'm guessing you wanted Gilmore out of town too? A guy that the best coach in the league was willing to pay top dollar to. Belichick probably doesn't know what he's doing though, right? And how, exactly, is he a cheater? He did not take performance enhancing drugs. He did something that some studies have estimated over 50% of the league does.

Edited by Mark80