Patriots Complete Trade for Brandin Cooks

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who might need a WR like Cooks more? Tyrod or Brady? A qb that is a middle of the road starter with only 1 real passing weapon? Or a guy who is most likely the best QB to ever play the game and can make pedestrian receivers look like pro bowlers? My point was the Patriots are never satisfied and even though they are already great. Working every day to add pieces and get better. That's what winners do. Your response was...they have Tom Brady? What does that have to do with what I'm saying? I don't understand what you don't get about it. They have Brady and yet they still go out and make the moves that we should be making. They are in the business of producing winning football teams and we are in the business of producing excuses and let downs.

Except thats NOT what the Patriots have normally done...they are being unusual this year...normally they get rid of good players for draft picks.

What is it with this board right now? One day were are dumb for not doing it like the 1 win Browns...now we are dumb for not trading away picks for small WR's that were good, but not elite despite playing his whole career with a QB who averaged 5000 yards during his time playing with him.

Doesnt matter what the Bills do...its always wrong to everyone. No one mentions that 31 other teams could have also traded for Cooks who was known to be on the market but also did NOT trade for him. Its getting incredibly annoying around here...every single piece of news of every other team is somehow twisted to show the Bills aren't doing it right and should do it like that team...

Except thats NOT what the Patriots have normally done...they are being unusual this year...normally they get rid of good players for draft picks.

What is it with this board right now? One day were are dumb for not doing it like the 1 win Browns...now we are dumb for not trading away picks for small WR's that were good, but not elite despite playing his whole career with a QB who averaged 5000 yards during his time playing with him.

Doesnt matter what the Bills do...its always wrong to everyone. No one mentions that 31 other teams could have also traded for Cooks who was known to be on the market but also did NOT trade for him. Its getting incredibly annoying around here...every single piece of news of every other team is somehow twisted to show the Bills aren't doing it right and should do it like that team...

i have never had interest in doing what the Browns have done. I can't speak for anyone else. 17 years is enough. I want to win. I want to see this team make the playoffs at basically any cost. I have no interest in a rebuild.

They didn't just add Cooks...

Yup, the also lost good players too that were key contributors last year...no one talks about that.

Point is...none of this changes anything, so why freak out. Pats were 100% wining the division (barring a Brady injury) and 100% making AT LEAST the AFC Championship game next year before they added anyone.

So why waste all this energy freaking out over a WR who will probably catch less than 80 passes next year. This is the same board who felt it was necessary to have 60 page thread on Hogan going to NE and how dramatic that was going to be just to see him catch 2 more passes there than he did here. Or when everyone thought Bennett/Gronk duo was going to be uncoverable and the rebirth of Hernandez/Gronk and then it wasnt anything close to that.

Pats are going to be the Pats...period...this changes nothing.

Edited by Alphadawg7

You don't understand? No wonder why the other site got shut down... A ton of new members have no brains. Those poor good new members had to deal with these people.

Yup. This is correct. BM4J was BBMB's stupidest troll. And now he's here.

are you serious? I literally don't even know who you are. I was a 15,000 post SR member over there and nothing close to a troll. Were you even on that board? I have never seen you before

I never went to that board...I know nothing of this. But Ryan L Billz is an anti TT troll here regardless...obsessed with him like he banged his girl and sister at the same time. Hi Ryan :) lol

Who might need a WR like Cooks more? Tyrod or Brady? A qb that is a middle of the road starter with only 1 real passing weapon? Or a guy who is most likely the best QB to ever play the game and can make pedestrian receivers look like pro bowlers? My point was the Patriots are never satisfied and even though they are already great. Working every day to add pieces and get better. That's what winners do. Your response was...they have Tom Brady? What does that have to do with what I'm saying? I don't understand what you don't get about it. They have Brady and yet they still go out and make the moves that we should be making. They are in the business of producing winning football teams and we are in the business of producing excuses and let downs.

I get it.

I don't like it. But I get it all too well.

I like cooks as a player he is explosive. I like a lot of the moves the pats made.

however...

cooks doesn't seem like a very good fit for the pats*. he's a deep threat and Brady's deep ball isn't what it used to be.

I also agree with alpha. they were already winning the east. they're all in for the last few years of Brady. I hope it all blows up in their faces (but I know it'll work out bc that's just the pats*)